ADVERTISEMENT

2018 OT Steven Jones Has WSU Standing Out

LarsHanson

Redshirt
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2016
2018 three-star Temecula (Calif.) Chaparral OT Steven Jones talked about his recent visit to Washington and his overall recruitment today, including his note on wanting to visit Wazzu for the Apple Cup.

However, his idea for his next visit won't come to Husky Stadium, but it will involved watching Washington and one of the more historical rivalries in the country.

"Probably my favorite thing about the trip was seeing the stadium and how big it was," Jones said. "We are trying to get back out there for the Apple Cup, since both schools have offered me."

Not only has Washington State offered the three-star tackle prospect, but they're right with the Huskies at the top of his list. Despite having yet to visit Pullman, inside linebackers coach Ken Wilson has built a strong relationship with Jones.

"Probably right now next to Washington State on [the top of] my list," Jones said. "The location of the two and just because the both have an amazing coaching staff and they have shown me the most love so far."

Boise State, Colorado, Iowa State and UNLV have also offered Jones thus far, with Michigan, Florida and Notre Dame showing high interest. With the strong connection already there between Wilson and Jones, it doesn't hurt that the Cougars have an offensive scheme most lineman prefer.

"I love their coaching staff and their passing cause because I would rather like to pass the ball then run it," Jones said with a laugh. "Me and him [Wilson] kind of have the same personality. So I feel like we always get along. [But] I think I'm just gonna wait until the Apple Cup, because it's a lot of money to get out and stay there."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News