ADVERTISEMENT

Britton; classic format option?

cr8zyncalif

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Hey, Britton.

I hope things are going well with the Mariners.

When Scout switched to their "mobile friendly" format about 6 months ago, they got quite an outcry from those who found the new format to be highly obnoxious on a PC. I assume that was probably system wide, because Scout quickly introduced a "classic format" button at the bottom of the thread page that let you go back to the easier to deal with old format. Which, judging by the comments of the site traffic, is how most of the PC users deal with the situation.

I have to assume that, since Rivals was 6 months behind Scout, they figured all this out and have a "classic format" button that we can use to go back to the old format. Please advise how to find that button….

Agreed. I hate this trend toward huge, thin fonts, excessive white space, etc. Makes it really hard to just skim quickly and get the information I want. The classic format on Brand X is a lifesaver there.

I don't know that I care, or don't care, about this new look/system but I do see it trending in everything. This isn't just discussion boards thing, it's everything. This "style" is the difference between old farts having a hard time reading the new font against a stark background, and a young and trendy graphic designer(s) that's maybe 3-5 years out of college and is ready to impress millions of people with something "new and fresh". Generations (plural) apart.

I'm probably one of the youngest guns on this site...I don't necessarily hate the layout, but it also isn't working for me either. It's just blah.

Like anything else, if there is no "classic view option," I'll probably just get used to it and shrug. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm old enough to remember "New Coke" and "Monterey Jack" .
Hopefully this suffers the same fate as those...

Guess I'm the only one who likes this better. I always used my iPhone or iPad with the mobile page and this is much better. The other was very limited in what you could do other than read or post.

I do like the new notification alert at the top right of the page to see who responded to the threads that were commented on. That's a nice little touch.

The new format is fine as long as there is a thread view option. That way I don't have to read knuckle head comments by CougPatrol. Where is the ignore button?

The new format is fine as long as there is a thread view option. That way I don't have to read knuckle head comments by CougPatrol. Where is the ignore button?

I see that you can ignore someone by tapping their username and then hitting ignore from the profile pop up. At least it's that way from the iPhone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT