ADVERTISEMENT

Connor Clifford commits to Wazzu

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
Brand X scoops and says that Conor Clifford has committed to wazzu

Last edited:
Opps (sp) .Oh well He is a big recruit for Kent. Now the Utah s of this world will not manhandle them physically underneath

Last edited:
A bit surprised even though it was the logical decision after he dropped USC. Excited to have Clifford on board! We should have a solid group of bigs with Hawkinson, Longrus, Izudndu, and now Clifford.

After he did not announce yesterday, I felt that Utah was making a last ditch effort on Clifford.I believe that mom weighed in on USC and wanted her boy closer to home.The cougs do have a solid group with a new pg,center and wings. If a couple of them either rapidly adjust and/or improve,the cougs may be a surprise team next year. They have depth at all positions.Kent has done a solid job of recruiting and he is probably very happy right about now.Kudos to Kent and his staff on their recruiting efforts. He did beat out some good programs for this group of kids.

Good news on a couple of fronts. He is going to help right away at a position that is weak. He can be someone that helps turn this program around. Also, Kent and his staff just beat out another P12 school for a recruit. Nice all the way around

Now confusion reigns. Evidently not all is cast in stone his coach was the source of his"commitment" Yet he is apparently still not firmly committed. So your guess is as good as mine. I would say that Utah is still in there fighting to get this guy. Lets hope it turns out well for the cougs.It may well not be what coug fans wanted.

Looks like to me the Brand X jumped the gun's without getting complete verification. But then again that's why the LOI is required!

Yes they tried to "scoop" everyone and took the coach's word.At least one knows that his coach thinks thinks that WSU is the right fit for Clifford. However i think that Utah is talking twin posts and switching their center to PF. That will not happen as it is not their coaches style. They are probably painting a vision of sugarplums and sweet 16's in the near future. It is hard to let go of dreams but WSU if things break right may be a tourney team next year. I really believe that. Kent had a great year if one considers what he had to work with . WSU will give Clifford playing time ,good coaching, good academics and a good shot at post season play. He can be a part of a rapidly developing program which will only improve in the next two yeas.I guess we will soon see what he decides is the best situation for him

I really hope we get Conor. He would be the cornerstone of this recruiting class which without him would not be very good. I think Callison will contribute right away and maybe Suggs, after that most will need time and still might not be PAC 12 players.

Interesting viewpoint. I believe that this recruiting class will be far better than people expect. Conor would be a very nice addition.Callison will definitely contribute right away. I believe that Callison and Clifford know each other and have played against each other.The other players are capable of being PAC 12 players the question is how soon they adapt to D 1 ball. The roster would resemble a PAC 12 roster. I believe that there is only one player who should be released and encouraged to play ball at a lower level of play.

Last edited:
Interesting viewpoint. I believe that this recruiting class will be far better than people expect. Conor would be a very nice addition.Callison will definitely contribute right away. I believe that Callison and Clifford know each other and have played against each other.The other players are capable of being PAC 12 players the question is how soon they adapt to D 1 ball. The roster would resemble a PAC 12 roster. I believe that there is only one player who should be released and encouraged to play ball at a lower level of play.
Would that be Hawkinson, ElC?

No he has lost the 35 pds of fat which Bonehead asked him to gain so that he would be"more effective" It is a new day and the cougs have a bonafide coach who is a good judge of horseflesh,so to speak. Hawkinson is at a good weight and he performed well. i am happy for the guy now that he has a coach who was able to coach him up. It was no wonder he used to look so bad.Getting back to the topic, i feel that Kent would be able to coach Clifford up so he can reach his full potential.

Hawk is back to the same weight as he originally was. The added weight was not put on correctly and as such was a big mistake and that is on Bone. Bone also is the only PAC 12 coach who saw enough in the kid to recruit him. This recruiting class is really a bunch of guys who we hope develop into PAC 12 players or we ship them off, just like last year. Kent is just now starting to make serious inroads into some of the better recruits. To me thats just about right on schedule, recruiting is a long process of building relationships and building trust, next year I expect a very solid class.

Last edited:
Hawk is back to the same weight as he originally was. The added weight was not put on correctly and as such was a big mistake and that is on Bone. Bone also is the only PAC 12 coach who saw enough in the kid to recruit him. This recruiting class is really a bunch of guys who we hope develop into PAC 12 players or we ship them off, just like last year. Kent is just now starting to make serious inroads into some of the better recruits. To me thats just about right on schedule, recruiting is a long process of building relationships and building trust, next year I expect a very solid class.
About the timing I expected as well. When other much better program have been in on players since they were in the 9th grade you have a ton and most likely too much to make up. We will see who they can actually sign. They also don't have a lot of room at this point for next year as well.

No he has lost the 35 pds of fat which Bonehead asked him to gain so that he would be"more effective" It is a new day and the cougs have a bonafide coach who is a good judge of horseflesh,so to speak. Hawkinson is at a good weight and he performed well. i am happy for the guy now that he has a coach who was able to coach him up. It was no wonder he used to look so bad.Getting back to the topic, i feel that Kent would be able to coach Clifford up so he can reach his full potential.
This is another reason why I have a hard time taking anything you write serious. You have continually called Ken Bone, "Bonehead.". OK, it may have been funny one time. But, to continually call him names shows an incredible lack of maturity. If you were a child, sure I could understand. But, you are not.

Whatever.he was a disaster and he took the program for a lot of unearned money. It is time to move despite the unwillingness of some people. Kent is the coach despite that certain people like to take potshots at him over his alleged inability to attract quality recruits. It is hard to bring a program out of the cellar when people give conditional support. Just because some people lost privileged access does not mean they should not support Kent . They show a petulant upper lip and childish like do not fully support the program.i could care less what people with their current agenda think .Kent is recruiting well and it will be shown in the seasons to come. Take your own message seriously and grow up

Look in the mirror, then read your post! You called the former coach names, bad mouthed his players and him from the very start, but you talk about conditional support! Conditional support is exactly what you have given this program since you started posting, if you gave any support at all!.

I think Coach Kent did a great job coaching last year but has yet to bring in any serious recruits. If we don't sign Clifford this class is very suspect. Like I said, it is to be expected based on where coach started and the state of the program but still not really a stellar job so far. You think he recruited well yet none of his recruits played a role last year except Redding. You thought Cheatum and Dunbar would both start last year. How did that workout?

The main players again this year will be leftover Bone recruits. After the season I suspect many of this years class will be leaving, just like last years class. Its all part of the process, building a program takes time and there are casualties along the way. Next season Hawkinson, Que, Longrus, Ike, and Boese will play major roles again along with Redding for sure. After that IMO Callison, Suggs and if we sign him Clifford will be in the rotation and possibly start. The rest will compete and hopefully one or two will emerge as a contributor.

Whatever.he was a disaster and he took the program for a lot of unearned money. It is time to move despite the unwillingness of some people. Kent is the coach despite that certain people like to take potshots at him over his alleged inability to attract quality recruits. It is hard to bring a program out of the cellar when people give conditional support. Just because some people lost privileged access does not mean they should not support Kent . They show a petulant upper lip and childish like do not fully support the program.i could care less what people with their current agenda think .Kent is recruiting well and it will be shown in the seasons to come. Take your own message seriously and grow up
I do not immaturely call any coach names. I do not like Coach Wulff at all. I criticize what he did to the football program. Yet, I do not call him names. I am not a little child. Why you insist on acting like one is beyond me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT