ADVERTISEMENT

It's official: Ground breaking on the new IPF set for September 9th!

PeteTheChop

Hall Of Fame
May 25, 2005
I know some folks were concerned the $25M project would be shelved due to any Pac-12 uncertainty, but WSU is moving full-steam ahead on the facilities improvements.

Per Brand X:

Washington State football's time in the bubble is officially done. Day 13 of fall camp on Thursday was the last Cougar practice inside what Jake Dickert laughingly described as "this ugly, godforsaken thing."

The bubble will be shut down all football season as WSU holds a groundbreaking ceremony on Sep. 9, the day of the Wisconsin game, for the new, state-of-the-art Taylor Sports Complex. It will replace what was always supposed to be only a temporary facility when it opened in 2002.

Great to see further confirmation about the IPF groundbreaking on Sept. 9 before the night game against Wisconsin on ABC. Pullman will be electric that entire weekend.

One thing that hasn't been reported (at least from what I've seen) here at CougZone (or with the Spokesman-Review newspaper, Brand X or Brand Y), is what's next for "The Bubble" as its known?

Brand X refers to it as a "temporary facility" in the excerpt above, but why would've then AD Jim Sterk approved spending $10M in 2002 dollars ($17M today) for something temporary? Sterk had to have a plan in place for when the IPF was built.

Gotta figure Dr. Schulz and Chun the short-timer have something in mind other than hauling a deflated bubble to a landfill

Reactions: M-I-Coug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT