ADVERTISEMENT

Rush Reimer 6-5 308 Montana State

Chucksizzle1

Varsity
Dec 17, 2022
Saw him in the transfer portal, watched his film, monster OT. from Camas, Wa 3 star rated 31st player in state, only had big sky offers. first team all conference.

watch him go to a B1G or SEC team. WSU should certainly offer him now.

Makes you wonder how he was overlooked, no WSU offer.

Reactions: ATACFD
Saw him in the transfer portal, watched his film, monster OT. from Camas, Wa 3 star rated 31st player in state, only had big sky offers. first team all conference.

That Star Rating can't be right, because WSU can't, won't be able to get 3 stars, etc, because equivalent of G5, MWC, AAC team.

So because of that Since WSU is a overall better program at a higher level then FCS, Montana St, and despite that, can't, won't get 3 stars, then there is no way a lower then WSU, FCS, Montana St team can get a 3 star, since, if WSU can't, won't get 3 stars.

WSU will be able to get 3 stars, 3.5 stars just fine, since FCS Montana St, got a 3 star just fine.

At tackle you need both size and good lateral footwork. He has size. Perhaps footwork was what kept him at FCS? He should be able to play guard if so; that is more of a straight ahead footwork situation.

Maybe he only had big sky offers because thats his talent level. Big sky to SEC? Doubtful
Watch where he goes in the portal, I think he is P5 all the way, some nfl draft sights have notes on him. I watched his film and he’s a beast. That’s why I made the thread. maybe he wasn’t impressive out of high school,and just blew up in the weight room, I don’t know.

At tackle you need both size and good lateral footwork. He has size. Perhaps footwork was what kept him at FCS? He should be able to play guard if so; that is more of a straight ahead footwork situation.
It says he plays guard and tackle, look up his Montana State highlights,
pretty impressive.

He does not run as well as Power 5 OL. He drive blocks well against Big Sky level kids. SEC DL is another stratosphere. He could struggle in pass protection against their speed and the level of power off the ball will be a shock.

He is a player that could fill gaps for a school. He has played a lot of football. I dunno that he steps in and starts for a blue blood team but he could certainly compete and add depth.

It is really really hard to get your frosh OL recruits to their senior year. There is a high value placed on juco and transfer OL upperclassmen.

He does not run as well as Power 5 OL. He drive blocks well against Big Sky level kids. SEC DL is another stratosphere. He could struggle in pass protection against their speed and the level of power off the ball will be a shock.

He is a player that could fill gaps for a school. He has played a lot of football. I dunno that he steps in and starts for a blue blood team but he could certainly compete and add depth.

It is really really hard to get your frosh OL recruits to their senior year. There is a high value placed on juco and transfer OL upperclassmen.
Miss State took a kid from Middle Tenn State, Steven Lasoya who could play center or guard, ended up being a starter for them and was a quality lineman. I think there are lots of g5 players that develop into studs as seniors that can move to P5. this kid may struggle with edge rushers, don’t see much film in pass blocking, probably would get moved to guard. Hes a damn wrecking ball in run blocking though. I’d take him for WSU , it will be interesting to,see where he goes out of the portal.

thats one thing the portal has done, the best g5 players have translated well to P5.

Miss State took a kid from Middle Tenn State, Steven Lasoya who could play center or guard, ended up being a starter for them and was a quality lineman. I think there are lots of g5 players that develop into studs as seniors that can move to P5. this kid may struggle with edge rushers, don’t see much film in pass blocking, probably would get moved to guard. Hes a damn wrecking ball in run blocking though. I’d take him for WSU , it will be interesting to,see where he goes out of the portal.

thats one thing the portal has done, the best g5 players have translated well to P5.
He is playing Big Sky kids. Not Group of 5, not Power 5, Big Sky. He should be moving kids off the ball.

The level of DNA goes up sharply at each step. None of the kids you see him blocking on film would be Power 5 defensive tackles. Could he do well in Power 5? Sure. Could he also not be the same player? Yep.

Moving to guard doesn’t actually help a kid in pass protection. If he has slow feet the defense will isolate him with their best pass rushing DT. Or even best pass rushing DE. The fastest path to the QB is up the middle. If his feet are too slow there is no help. No tight end. No back big enough to help with a DT. He has to win that battle.

Didn't try real hard, but didn't find any current video, just HS stuff. But it's a big step from FCS to P5. Not impossible, but it doesn't seem likely that he's going to go up a level and be field-ready immediately.

On the other hand, I think some of our current OL would fit in pretty well on an FCS line, so maybe it wouldn't be hurt.

Reactions: Cougini5591
They should offer him.

This you?

He is playing Big Sky kids. Not Group of 5, not Power 5, Big Sky. He should be moving kids off the ball.

The level of DNA goes up sharply at each step. None of the kids you see him blocking on film would be Power 5 defensive tackles. Could he do well in Power 5? Sure. Could he also not be the same player? Yep.

Moving to guard doesn’t actually help a kid in pass protection. If he has slow feet the defense will isolate him with their best pass rushing DT. Or even best pass rushing DE. The fastest path to the QB is up the middle. If his feet are too slow there is no help. No tight end. No back big enough to help with a DT. He has to win that battle.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Cal and Texas Tech just offered.
Chuck, you have a great spirit. Am I being a downer to suggest that Montana State identifies this guy and then develops him only for (hopefully) WSU steals him, further develops him and then He finishes up= at Texas Tech who offers him the largest NIL deal to finish out his career? I can't stomach it anymore.

Chuck, you have a great spirit. Am I being a downer to suggest that Montana State identifies this guy and then develops him only for (hopefully) WSU steals him, further develops him and then He finishes up= at Texas Tech who offers him the largest NIL deal to finish out his career? I can't stomach it anymore.
He may run out of eligibility by then, these transfers can’t keep transferring can they ?

One reason I like to follow kids like this is I’ve noticed the better G5 players fit right in at P5, misevaluations, late bloomers, kids that really develop at G5 and then they are better than the P5 recruits.

WKU lineman start in the sec, MTState lineman, receivers and qbs translate well, running back from Missouri, was at Truman State.

Id be targeting/scouting the g5 for kids like this. Reimer jumps off the page so he’s not much of a secret.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT