ADVERTISEMENT

This ain't Pop Warner any more

With his holdings in the liquor business, he might be in serious, serious trouble. He makes hundreds of millions of dollars with his Ciroc Vodka line and partnership with the parent company, Diageo. Their new Tequila is high, high end stuff and is selling like hotcakes.

Example: The new Tequila line P. Diddy came out with… LOW END, is $120 a bottle. Some go as high as $1,000 a bottle.

At last report, they were shipping over 2 million cases a year of overall product.

The problem, the federal government as well as whatever state he's licensed through are hurdles to give him permission to be in the alcohol biz. He has to have a license to be any kind of direct owner or some kind of partnership. He has to be in "good standing without felony".

At last count, he was worth almost 3/4 of a BILLION dollars. While his record business has done very well, his liquor business has been exceptional. He might have to sell, so he isn't out money for that. But over a decade or more… I can surmise, guess on the low end, that he could lose what he's currently worth…

So he very well may have just lost over 3/4 of a billion dollars in his lifetime, for losing his cool at a college coach… Idiot.

Not an idiot. Far from it.

Juvenile? Immature? Spoiled? Not fully acquainted with life's realities as it pertains to himself? Privileged? Perhaps believes that things like the rules, courtesy, etc., apply only to others? Appears to be guilty on all counts.

Not an idiot. Far from it.

Juvenile? Immature? Spoiled? Not fully acquainted with life's realities as it pertains to himself? Privileged? Perhaps believes that things like the rules, courtesy, etc., apply only to others? Appears to be guilty on all counts.
Let me clarify my definition. What you described… that's called being an idiot, IMHO. If you don't have enough self-control, to where you are potentially killing a business venture and upwards of a billion dollars in your lifetime… you can say it's "privilege" or inability to accept rules… to me, that's dumb. I have my "fair share" and I get that life's perspectives are sliding. Money becomes relative, sad to say. But you don't blow business deals due to lack of self-control.
And honestly, the most detailed, the most "accurate" description of the altercation is saying the coach was asking/yelling P. Diddy's kid to get his dad out of the office prior to the actual "assault" because it was escalating. So now the kid is being placed in the position of the parent… by the parent?! … Another "idiot point".
I get what you're saying Cr8zy… to me that's just an excuse. Rich and educated, has international business dealings and has "cred". Still an idiot for allowing emotion, especially over something as trivial as practice time or whatever happened during practice time, to dictate business dealings. Then the whole parenting thing… Just opinion. I get what you're saying.

NOTHING will happen with this OTHER than a new large donation to UCLA athletics.
These are felony charges, you know. And from what I understand, whether or not this goes to court is up to the district attorney. The local DA is saying they are pursuing the charges.

3 counts of felony assault with a deadly weapon
1 count of making terrorist threats
1 count of battery

And regardless, the licensing not only wants a lack of felony charges on any liquor licensee, it also says they need to be "in good standing". So even if he gets off, the fact he has these FELONY charges against him, he still might be screwed.

I'm sure UCLA would love for a nice donation to the program and then for this to go away… But it won't happen that way.

Yes, I read the headlines.

Nothing will happen here, In the end.

from the NYPost: “The various accounts of the event and charges that are being reported are wholly inaccurate,” Diddy’s spokeswoman said. “What we can say now is that any actions taken by Mr. Combs were solely defensive in nature to protect himself and his son. We are confident that once the true facts are revealed, the case will be dismissed.”

Last edited:

Why do think this, though? And why did you bring up a large donation? That won't make anything go away. It's virtually guaranteed that the Combs boy will never see the field again. Slick Rick (who recruited the boy) has said, he isn't worthy, physically, for UCLA. He might contribute but he's too small. If not for P. Diddy, Rick wouldn't have offered him. So a donation to a program… where your kid won't play anymore (wasn't playing much anyways)… and the donation won't make the charges go away… that makes no sense. EDIT: And also, what does any of that have to do with P. Diddy's licensing?

You realize, I'm just talking about P. Diddy's alcohol licensing? Seems like you're talking about UCLA or something… You act fairly confident yet zero input on why you feel this way. What state is P. Diddy licensed in? What board members don't give a crap about Diddy's fame? Which ones do? What about the European licensing? What is their standard? BTW, easy to look this stuff up, if you know what you're talking about and thus know where to look regarding alcohol business licensing.

You make it sound as though I endorse parents interfering with on field activites in sports. Why do you do that?

What does the combs kid size have to do with ANYTHING?????

Oh... and... NOTHING will happen to PDiddy's licensing. Nothing at all... except a big boost in sales... I am 100% confident.

from the NYPost: “The various accounts of the event and charges that are being reported are wholly inaccurate,” Diddy’s spokeswoman said. “What we can say now is that any actions taken by Mr. Combs were solely defensive in nature to protect himself and his son. We are confident that once the true facts are revealed, the case will be dismissed.”
And you realize this is all on video? Many reports of cell phones, as well. UCLA didn't want to press charges but the police viewed it and realized they HAD to? You also realize Mora released their statement and said how proud he was that his staff acted professionally?

And if all this video ever goes public?

Again, I brought up the fact that, even if these charges don't stick, an alcohol business owner, not only has to be "felony free" but also in "good standing". So you're "nothing will happen" is based on your vast knowledge of the licensing process, how they determine the "good standing" both federally and state AND European? You're talking about something you know nothing about.

You make it sound as though I endorse parents interfering with on field activites in sports. Why do you do that?

What does the combs kid size have to do with ANYTHING?????

Oh... and... NOTHING will happen to PDiddy's licensing. Nothing at all... except a big boost in sales... I am 100% confident.
You brought up "large donation". That had nothing to do with alcohol licensing. I was using the fact that he was too small to even play for UCLA to show, now with this friction, he'll never see the field. So a donation to UCLA would do nothing. Also, it's out of UCLA's hands whether or not charges are going to be pursued.
I have no idea if you endorse parents interfering, I was asking for backup on your unsubstantiated remark. If you feel that way, great. No backup on your feelers on this, great. Then we'll go on our separate ways. I have literal fact behind me but you have your feelers. So we're good.

I take back 'large donation' there will be NO donation... and nothing will come of this... and Combs kid STILL won't play.

It doesn't sound like this was a playing time issue anyway. It sounds to me as if a high profile, highly compensated, trained and experienced football coach lost his professionalism and things went downhill from there.

Prosecutors are elected officials. I'll bet on the Billionaire on this one.

I can see a scenario where Diddy is praying for a controversy and trial... with daily Fox, Tmz, CNN, etc., daily drama over losing his liquor license.

Everybody will snap up his $1,000/bottle Tequila 'before it's too late'!
... and then nothing will happen. and Combs kid will have learned his lesson..

Last edited:
I take back 'large donation' there will be NO donation... and nothing will come of this... and Combs kid STILL won't play.

It doesn't sound like this was a playing time issue anyway.
I agree. That's why I said he wasn't playing much anyways. That was part of my response to you that a donation wouldn't do anything. Seems like we're FINALLY on the same page there…

So now the only thing that's still disputable between us is, I'm guessing your knowledge on the alcohol board and, assuming the charges won't stick (because if they do stick, he's a felon and he'll never get his license), you know and understand what is meant by "good standing" in the application, both state, federal and European… Still got Jiminy chirping on this part?

Where's all the hostility coming from, Fishie? All I want(ed) was more knowledge on your perspective and all I got was static and one liners? Someone take a leak in your Cheerio's this morning or something?

It doesn't sound like this was a playing time issue anyway. It sounds to me as if a high profile, highly compensated, trained and experienced football coach lost his professionalism and things went downhill from there.

Prosecutors are elected officials. I'll bet on the Billionaire on this one.

I can see a scenario where Diddy is praying for a controversy and trial... with daily Fox, Tmz, CNN, etc., daily drama over losing his liquor license.

Everybody will snap up his $1,000/bottle Tequila 'before it's too late'!
... and then nothing will happen. and Combs kid will have learned his lesson..
You keep editing the same post… So my response. So your whole backing for "nothing will happen" regarding his licensing is… ? He is hoping for higher sales? You've made several comments here I don't understand and at another time would love clarity but we'll stay focused, instead.

I'm trying to stay focused on the only thing I've ever posted on this thread… His licensing. I don't care if the DA/prosecutors/judge throw out the charges or not. Cripes, they could plea and this will all go away, I believe. I don't care if the Combs kid all the sudden is playing every down, on each side. I don't even care if there is a big donation to UCLA, although it will do nothing. The cat is out of the bag due to the charges. Federal charges have been placed against him. I've only been asking you, and you've yet to answer through every post, how do you know how the State, Federal and European boards define "good standing" and assuming charges either don't stick or are dropped, how do you know they will be OK with Diddy and his actions? He has to clear all three of these hurdles, now. If everything were to end today, he still has to get over these hurdles because the charges were made.

If it's just opinion, great. Say it, so we all realize it's opinion. If you have substance on this point, please share. I truly would love some substance and insight. That's why I keep asking the same thing… I just want an answer.

Why are you trying to be such a dick?

I am in a fantastic mood, thank you. The sun is shining, I have an amazing family and my bank account is happy. I'm getting a chuckle watching you chase tmz headlines and falling for the drama

Why are you trying to be such a dick?

I am in a fantastic mood, thank you. The sun is shining, I have an amazing family and my bank account is happy. I'm getting a chuckle watching you chase tmz headlines and falling for the drama
I'm not being a dick. I'm actually being very even keeled and analytical on this point. You seem to continually throw your emotion into this.

I make a statement, "He could be in trouble because of x, y, z.
You, "No he won't be in trouble".
Why do you say that?
"He won't get in trouble."
I get that, why do you say that?
"He won't get in trouble."
And you know that, how?
This will all go away. Why are you such a dick?

It's very clear. When it comes to liquor licensing, you don't know what your talking about. That isn't a slam. Very, very few people do. It's also apparent you can't say, "It's just my opinion. No fact just what I hear and it makes sense." Whatever. This is so not important. I had reasons for asking but your immediate need to confront me, fight with me and then when I pushed back and stayed focused, you cried out that I was being a dick… pot meet kettle.

I don't care about the issue.

I believe its all show and will go nowhere.

You believe otherwise.

So what?

I'm still having a FANTASTIC day!!! ❤

I'm still chuckling at what you write

I'm sorry, you're having an emotionally charged day.

The end.

You believe otherwise.

So what?
I have a real interest in it… That's why I posted such detail about it. You confronted me about it. I asked you a very specific question, several times that you still refuse to answer. I believe something for a reason. Fact. You are believing something because of feelings (or something else possibly but if you had fact behind you, that would be the easiest response). I was HOPING you had other insight…hence my questions towards you. You've made it clear you have zero insight, based on fact, on this. Why are you still posting?

Bonus answer:

I've already posted a comment from diddys spokesperson I believe directly contradicts the TMZ headlines and sensationalistic claims the prosecutor chose to launch into the Gossip stratosphere

You believe otherwise.

So what?

I'm still having a FANTASTIC day!!! ❤

I'm still chuckling at what you write

I'm sorry, you're having an emotionally charged day.

The end.

Your seven posts in this thread suggest otherwise, P. Nookie.

Reactions: Coug95man2
Bonus answer:

I've already posted a comment from diddys spokesperson I believe directly contradicts the TMZ headlines and sensationalistic claims the prosecutor chose to launch into the Gossip stratosphere
Again, I'm talking to the licensing… He was charged with a crime(s). Regardless of ANY POSSIBLE OUTCOME, he has to convince the State, Federal and European alcohol board(s) that the federal charges against him should not be held against him in his licensing. I was asking for your input on THAT scenario/fact and support reasons for that.

I don't know what you're talking about but to go with Yaki and Wulffui's post, you really think P. Diddy's spokesperson is the light in the shadowy, murky situation? Again. Off topic and not factual. That's called PR.

I'm speaking of fact. Not TMZ, not ESPN, not CNN. I'm talking about law. State law, federal law and the European Union regulations, regarding alcohol licensing, which you obviously know nothing about but it's good news you have an opinion about o_O… yet you keep posting… If you want to continue to talk about this in another way about another avenue of this situation, great but why respond to ME. But when I make a statement and you respond to me… wait... I don't even know where to go from here. I'm actually explaining that, you instigated this. I just held my ground and now you're calling me the dick…

I'm glad you're having a FANTASTIC day… ? I guess? Was I supposed to be hoping for a Super Duper, FANTASTICLY Glorious Day for you?

Yet you keep posting…

Can we say "anonymous donor generously gives $1M to UCLA football" and also, "Combs pleads to reduced charges, will pay fine, serve 2 years probation"?

Can we say "anonymous donor generously gives $1M to UCLA football" and also, "Combs pleads to reduced charges, will pay fine, serve 2 years probation"?
You could, but again they wouldn't be related, per se. UCLA is out of the picture on the charges. They actually never did press charges and never wanted to. The DA did and it's now out that, after watching the video and talking to witnesses, that the DA is moving forward on the charges. UCLA could beg and plead to drop the charges but if the DA doesn't want to, too bad.

That kinda goes to Fishies, "donation" thing. Go for it Diddy. Donate $25 mill but I don't know what for…

This will be one of those situations that, does the judge bend for the famous or does he hold the famous to the fire. But personally, I believe this will go to trial.

This is more about the DA than anything else. This DA, like most DA's, probably wants to run for higher office. This story is made to order for publicity, with a guy who will attract little sympathy. I see it going to trial unless the DA gets a clear victory by settlement.

Reactions: kayak15
Here's the DA '95 thinks has the will, ability and political capital to take down a Billionaire.

Guuuluck...

I can't wait. She's from USC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Lacey
I think you're going to extremes. Who said anything about "taking down a Billionaire"? His liquor license might be in jeopardy… WOW THAT MEANS HIS WORLD IS FALLING APART!!!!!!!!! Who's watching TMZ now? Beyond that, my sarcasm bell isn't ringing so I don't know your intent in this post.

But from what Wiki (there's a reliable source… o_O) says, she's the first woman and African American to take this office. So just from that, yeah, I think she has battled hard to get where she's at, in more ways than you can probably imagine Fishie, and I see her taking this all the way to trial. I don't see any plea, although I think all parties except the DA, are looking for it.

Still posting… still not answering my very first question...:cool:

Why does every post you make have to be a troll post?

Why did you choose to inject Racism into this thread further polluting it?

Why did you choose to attack the source of the facts surrounding her identity and background rather than address the central fact... she is new DA from nowhere with a USC degree choosing to blowup a UCLA internal football issue in TMZ?... you could have just as easily taken the facts provided in my link and conducted your own independent research, right?... you could have taken the time to correct the eeevil Information you seem to have spotted that spiked your estrogen levels so suddenly... on her wiki page... to once again save the humanity.

Instead you chose a different path.

Last edited:
Fishie… I posted something, it was fairly generic not to anyone specific… You responded specifically to me… I came back… you got hurt feelers… I asked the same question on every post. An honest question that YOU placed yourself in… Then you called me a dick… I pressed on the question… You had a FANTASTIC day, while calling me names… Now I ask the question YOU placed yourself in again by referencing me again, and you call me names when I post a response… again with the names… Summary pretty accurate?

Is backup on statements that hard for you? OR YOU COULD STOP POSTING STUFF YOU HAVE ZERO KNOWLEDGE ON, WHILE POSTING IT AS FACT… You've yet to just say, "Just my opinion. No fact, just feelings. No worries." and this whole back and forth would have been done and over, right there.

YOU had/have control of this whole conversation, Fishie. Just gotta tell the truth…

Or you can keep posting...

Why did you choose to attack the source of the facts surrounding her identity and background rather than address the central fact... she is new DA from nowhere and a USC degree choosing to blowup a UCLA internal football issue in TMZ?

Are you the pot or the kettle?

Why did you choose to attack the source of the facts surrounding her identity and background rather than address the central fact... she is new DA from nowhere and a USC degree choosing to blowup a UCLA internal football issue in TMZ?
Uhm…. what? I injected racism? She's an African American woman that should be PROUD that she shattered that "glass ceiling"! You insinuated she didn't have the will, ability or political capital to take down a "BILLIONAIRE"… I said, she's the first woman and African American to take that office so she DOES HAVE THE WILL, ABILITY and most likely THE POLITICAL CAPITAL to take down whomever she wants. So are you arguing THAT point, fishie?

And now I'm attacking Wiki… holy sphincter, Fishie. That doesn't even deserve a response… But again… Keep diverting attention from your inability to take control of this… You could take control of this situation in so many ways… by using fact… and you either don't want to take control, aren't humble enough to say, "Just opinion", or unwilling to actually look up stuff… But yeah… I'm the troll.

I'm starting to sound like Dory… Just keep posting, just keep posting, what do you do when life gets you down, Grumpy Gills? Just keep posting, just keep posting…

Last edited:
Attack... attack... attack

Nothng but relentless trolling on this bored.

I'm beginning to wonder if Yaki, Kuogfanman'95 and dibbons are just different screen names of the same, angry husky/green river cc troll trying to make Cougar Alumni and Boosters look bad.

Uhm…. what? I injected racism? She's an African American woman that should be PROUD that she shattered that "glass ceiling"! You insinuated she didn't have the will, ability or political capital to take down a "BILLIONAIRE"… I said, she's the first woman and African American to take that office so she DOES HAVE THE WILL, ABILITY and most likely THE POLITICAL CAPITAL to take down whomever she wants. So are you arguing THAT point, fishie?

And now I'm attacking Wiki… holy sphincter, Fishie. That doesn't even deserve a response… But again… Keep diverting attention from your inability to take control of this… You could take control of this situation in so many ways… by using fact… and you either don't want to take control, aren't humble enough to say, "Just opinion", or unwilling to actually look up stuff… But yeah… I'm the troll.

I'm starting to sound like Dory… Just keep posting, just keep posting, what do you do when life gets you down, Grumpy Gills? Just keep posting, just keep posting…

It's just a matter of time before P. Nookie goes completely unhinged again.

I'm beginning to wonder if Yaki, Kuogfanman'95 and dibbons are just different screen names of the same, angry husky/green river cc troll trying to make Cougar Alumni and Boosters look bad.

Says the troll who began this version of his internet life with 700 posts on a mutt site. Your post is precious, considering you've admitted to posting under both HWGC and nookienuts. Go to the miniature golf course now.

You turned this thread from a famous parent getting arrested into what it is now. Pot or kettle?

Attack?! All I've ever done is ask for some backup on why you think P. Diddy's liquor license is a non-factor, basically? You stated waaaaaaay up that the whole liquor license thing isn't a concern. I had brought up that any holder of a license has to be in "good standing". I brought up the State, Federal and European regulations. So I asked you what you know about how they rule on this… All you would was say, basically, was "This is all going to go away." I kept asking, "How do you know?". That's all this is about, Fishie.

Just answer the question… Holy crap, something so easy is being made so hard… The ball is in your court, my friend

But your continual urge to bypass this point, and bring attention to just about anything else, including something as serious as racism, isn't working. You keep posting on this subject, towards me specifically, and I will respond until you answer the question. Don't respond to me, I begging you. Say, "Just opinion", I begging you. Say, something of fact to back up your assertion, I begging you. But these tactics of diversion won't work. You actually have to back up what you say, Fishie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT