ADVERTISEMENT

This AM

Kurt, the surgery will go well. The PT, on the other hand, is up to you. I don't envy you a knee replacement PT regimen, but since you've been there and done that once already, you know exactly what you are in for. A year from now you'll be pain free and have most of your original mobility, and be looking back on this day with thanks....good luck, friend!

Had right knee surgery in Oct 2022 to shave off a growth on the bottom part of my femur where every time I went to bend my knees, it would dig right into my cartilage. It was a minor surgery and I am still dealing with some minor soreness from it to this day but I am hoping to avoid knee replacement in my golden years.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Having the other knee replaced. Wish me luck.
Best wishes for quick and complete recovery. Best friend had knee replaced about 6 weeks ago and he is almost to the target of 115 degrees of motion (105 on Friday). Keep on top of the pain in the early days, as if you try gritting things out as a tough guy it will wear your body down and end up hindering the recovery. Just be good with the PT and all will be good.

Reactions: kougkurt
Made it. More anxiety heading into this one for some reason. I think the overall feeling that they are now both done is exciting. Keep on top the rehab and the positive vibes. Thanks for the well wishes and kind words. 👍👊
Best wishes for a total and speedy recovery, Kurt. I'm pretty sure you could still beat me in a 100 yard dash even before you are fully healthy!

Glad Cougar

Made it. More anxiety heading into this one for some reason. I think the overall feeling that they are now both done is exciting. Keep on top the rehab and the positive vibes. Thanks for the well wishes and kind words. 👍👊
Good luck bud. Meanwhile, I will limp along with my bone on bone left knee and right ankle. Surgery is not my deal.

Joint replacements have come so far in our lifetime. I was bone on bone in one hip, and I'm back to swing dancing after the hip replacement. I am truly thankful for the advances I've seen since I've been an adult.

Joint replacements have come so far in our lifetime. I was bone on bone in one hip, and I'm back to swing dancing after the hip replacement. I am truly thankful for the advances I've seen since I've been an adult.
Hope you don't fall out of that swing while you are dancing. You might need a lot more than just a hip replaced! :)

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
My wife is facing knee replacement surgery on both knees in the near future and the talk about advances is a big relief!

My wife is facing knee replacement surgery on both knees in the near future and the talk about advances is a big relief!

The technology is crazy. They use the images from your CT scan to program the robot. While in surgery they attach a “pain ball” into a catheter in your upper thigh that drips pain medicine right to the source for 3-1/2 days.
The anticipatory anxiety is the worse for me. The weeks, days, hours leading up to the procedure
I had a spinal block along with the anesthesia This numbed me from the waist down, and the anesthesiologist kept me on the verge of sleep. Of course I don’t remember a dang thing.
The spinal block gives you a false sense of security for the first day, against the pain. Once this wears off it hurts like a son of a bitch, but the Oxy makes it manageable
3 months post replacement on the left knee and it is only 35% healed
Yes it is a long process

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
The technology is crazy. They use the images from your CT scan to program the robot. While in surgery they attach a “pain ball” into a catheter in your upper thigh that drips pain medicine right to the source for 3-1/2 days.
The anticipatory anxiety is the worse for me. The weeks, days, hours leading up to the procedure
I had a spinal block along with the anesthesia This numbed me from the waist down, and the anesthesiologist kept me on the verge of sleep. Of course I don’t remember a dang thing.
The spinal block gives you a false sense of security for the first day, against the pain. Once this wears off it hurts like a son of a bitch, but the Oxy makes it manageable
3 months post replacement on the left knee and it is only 35% healed
Yes it is a long process
The catheter is what they should use and make it functional for ACL surgeries as well. I think it would help many people not get addicted to Oxi....

Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man was running 60 miles an hour after three months? When will the first replacement be close to 100%...asking for a friend....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT