ADVERTISEMENT

Updated (11/28, 12:12 p.m.): Visitors for AC weekend...

britton ransford

Hall Of Fame
Oct 23, 2012
It's going to be a monster recruiting weekend for Washington State, who is expected to host double-digit prospects when the Cougars host Washington in the Apple Cup. While this list is subject to change, per usual, here's the confirmed official visitors we have right now and, as always, check back for more information as I receive it.

Weekend visitor notes

-I spoke to Lawton (Okla.) cornerback Darreyl Patterson this morning and the three-star tells me that he had to move his official visit, which was set for this weekend, to mid-December because he's getting ready for state playoffs. Patterson has a top three of Arizona State, Kansas State and Washington State, in no particular order.

-Another prospect who previously told me that he'd be in Pullman for the Apple Cup is Concord (Calif.) De La Salle athlete Je'Vari Anderson. The three-star was originally expected to visit for the USC game, however the staff moved his visit back. I have been unable to confirm his plans for this weekend, so I'm not including him on the list as of now. Check back for more later.

-Washington State offensive tackle commit Austin Maihen told me he will no longer be taking an official visit this weekend because his parents would not have been able to make it, so he's going to reschedule. Coach McGuire will have an in-home visit with Maihen next Tuesday. Maihen recently picked up an offer from Stanford and is currently going through the admissions process.

-A pair of Hawaiian offensive lineman were also expected to visit this weekend - Pesi Savea - though they confirmed last week that their visit plans have been moved to December.

-The Cougars will be hosting Walnut Creek (Calif.) Las Lomas offensive tackle Noah Myers on an unofficial visit this weekend. Myers, who committed to Washington State shortly after an unofficial visit this summer, has already taken an official visit during the Portland State weekend.

-Steillacoom (Wash.) inside linebacker Fotu Leiato says he'll be in Pullman this weekend for an unofficial visit. The in-state product currently holds offers from Eastern Washington and Wyoming.

Visitor updates

11/26, 10:55 a.m. —— I spoke with La Mirada head coach Mike Moschetti this morning and he tells me that Tony Brown, who was previously expected to visit this weekend, no longer has plans to do so. The three-star does not yet have a visit set up, though Moschetti said that doesn't mean he won't visit. Brown, who recently picked up an offer from UCLA, will visit Colorado next weekend.

11/26, 12:12 p.m. —— I just exchanged a few text messages with Washington State running back commit James Williams who says he had surgery to repair his ACL tear this morning and will no longer be visiting this weekend. The three-star says he'll take his official visit in December.

11/28, 2:06 p.m. —— I'm able to confirm that Cerritos (Calif.) C.C. linebacker Aaron Porter and Salt Lake City (UT) Cottonwood defensive end T.J. Fehoko will be in Pullman this weekend for official visits, too. Porter has been committed to Washington State for several months while Fehoko is a Colorado commit and will be taking his first official visit.

11/28, 2:22 p.m. —— Tacoma (Wash.) Lincoln receiver Jayson Williams II will unofficially visit Washington State for the Apple Cup, he tells me.

Expected official visitors for the Apple Cup

VERBAL COMMITS:

-Four-star defensive tackle Thomas Toki of Mountain View (Calif.) St. Francis
-Three-star receiver Deontay Burnett of Gardena (Calif.) Serra
-Three-star inside linebacker Aaron Porter of Cerritos (Calif.) C.C.

OTHER PROSPECTS:

-Four-star outside linebacker Kyahva Tezino of Los Angeles (Calif.) Salesian
-Three-star offensive tackle Davis Perrott of Phoenix (Ariz.) Mountain Pointe
-Four-star defensive end Adam McLean of North Potomac (Md.) Quince Orchard
-Four-star cornerback Taeon Mason of Pasadena (Calif.) Muir - (USC commit)
-Three-star defensive end T.J. Fehoko of Salt Lake City (UT) Cottonwood

This post was edited on 11/28 2:23 PM by Britton Ransford

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News