ADVERTISEMENT

What a weekend (TLDR?)

Flatlandcoug

Hall Of Fame
Aug 14, 2007
Wichita, Kansas
So my wife and I flew into Spokane on Friday morning to watch the game and got back home today. She bought a pair of club seats for the game right at the 40 yard line. A few observations from the weekend:

1) National "upgraded" us to a Chrysler Pacifica PHEV at no extra charge. There is nothing dumber than a rental EV. It was a hybrid so it was ok, but the battery was at 4% when we picked it up and never got over 1% since my driving was mostly highway driving. It got decent mileage and drove pretty well but it was a joke from an EV standpoint. Available charging spots are too sparse to be worthwhile.

2) Ate dinner at Black Cypress restaurant on Main Street on Friday night. It was decent but over-priced considering the quality of the food. Their roasted chicken was pretty good but their ribeye was not as good as steaks I've had in Kansas for half the price. Parking in downtown P-town is a PITA. You could do worse if you want a quieter atmosphere but spending $100 for dinner without alcohol is not a bargain.

3) Went to the Zzumania event on Friday night featuring Yung Gravy. WSU deserves to get fined for the crime of charging grown adults $45 a person for a concert that nobody my age cared about. They barely showed the basketball teams off and the event was primarily watching the cheerleaders and dance teams doing their thing for 80% of the time. Almost no returning men's players from last year but there are dudes all over the place. Of course, the ladies basketball team got the biggest cheer. Watching college students chant with a "rapper" that I've never heard of was a unique experience. If you've never heard of Yung Gravy, you aren't missing anything, but it was kind of cultish watching the students getting into it. The highlight of the night for my wife was when she spotted Charlisse Ledger Walker and some of the other gals from the basketball team watching the concert from the concourse. I went over and told them that they were the only reason that we paid to get into the event. They asked if we wanted pictures and they asked a lot more about us than we expected. You can tell that they enjoy interacting with fans.

4) We stayed at an AirBNB in someone's basement a little over a block from campus. Paid too much but the room was pretty well finished and the hosts were more generous than normal. They provided a bottle of WSU branded wine, some sodas and snacks in the room. Of course, for $459 for a night....you hope that they treat you ok. It was a 7 minute walk to Beasley though...so it was good overall.

5) Ate lunch at Cougar Country Drive-In. It is what it is. Over-priced run of the mill burgers but a Pullman tradition.

6) Hung out at Valhalla with a former Coug football player and a few other folks before the game. My wife was astonished by the number of $16 pitchers of beer that were consumed. It was busy but not nearly as busy as i expected. Great way to burn 3 hours before the game.

7) As mentioned to start, we had club seats and let's just say that they were well worth the $250 we paid for the pair of tickets. We didn't get a single drop of rain on us, the club area was heated and we had good neighbors. I guarantee that we will look at those when we go to another game in the future. The food was decently priced for the situation but nobody would claim it was a good deal. My wife is afraid of heights but the club seats we had were at the back of the section against the wall and she held up ok.

8) The game itself was a turd and I'm not going to expend energy discussing it.

9) We paid for general parking and parked near Daggy Hall. We should have parked 400' further down the hill. It took longer to get out of the parking lot and across Spokane Street than it took to get the rest of the way out of town. If we had parked in the spot west of Spokane Street, we would have been out of town at least 15 minutes earlier.

10) We were in traffic for almost the entire trip to Spokane on Saturday night. The Pacifica had pretty decent Adaptive Cruise Control and took care of absorbing the rubber banding of the idiot drivers who bounced from 45 mph to 65 mph all the way past Colfax. By the time we got to Rosalia, it was loosening up some, but still bunches of cars along the way. It never ceases to amaze me to see idiots drive 55 mph until they get to the passing lane and then speed up to 65 mph like some kind of f#ckin' monkey who doesn't want people to pass them. Got to the hotel at 11:20 pm.

11) Stayed at the Springhill Suites right across the street from the airport terminal but we were there for only 5 hours since we had an early morning flight. Nicer than the Ramada that we normally stay at but the bathroom fan would turn on and off at random and we never saw a switch for it. Worth the price if you don't want to deal with driving and dropping off a rental car at 4 am.

12) At our layover in Denver, we used the free United Club passes that my wife gets once per year as a United Miles Plus member. The breakfast was "ok" and complimentary with entry. It's much quieter in there than outside in the terminal. That said, not really worth the money and we would never pay to use it on it's own.

Anyway, had a good time this weekend despite the turkey of a game.

Last edited:
If my memory serves, the only way to get a club seat was to buy season tickets and if they weren’t sold out, only club seat ticket holders could buy extras for single games. Now it looks like you can buy for single games if you donate to the CAF and it looks like there’s a decent amount available for a lot of games.

I wonder if there’s empty luxury boxes now as well?

If my memory serves, the only way to get a club seat was to buy season tickets and if they weren’t sold out, only club seat ticket holders could buy extras for single games. Now it looks like you can buy for single games if you donate to the CAF and it looks like there’s a decent amount available for a lot of games.

I wonder if there’s empty luxury boxes now as well?

The guy we hung out with at Valhalla has had club seats for years. WSU reached out to him this summer and said that given his donations over the years, they would waive the normal extra donation to buy into a suite and let him buy four tickets in a suite at face value of the tickets and his normal donation. The club seats that we had are owned by a season ticket holder but my wife says that they don't live in Washington. The folks we sat next to said that they never see the same people two games in a row in those seats. The club seats were the fullest seats in the entire stadium. I'd guess they were at 90% capacity compared to the rest of the stadium that was closer to 40% of capacity (being generous).

So my wife and I flew into Spokane on Friday morning to watch the game and got back home today. She bought a pair of club seats for the game right at the 40 yard line. A few observations from the weekend:

1) National "upgraded" us to a Chrysler Pacifica PHEV at no extra charge. There is nothing dumber than a rental EV. It was a hybrid so it was ok, but the battery was at 4% when we picked it up and never got over 1% since my driving was mostly highway driving. It got decent mileage and drove pretty well but it was a joke from an EV standpoint. Available charging spots are too sparse to be worthwhile.

2) Ate dinner at Black Cypress restaurant on Main Street on Friday night. It was decent but over-priced considering the quality of the food. Their roasted chicken was pretty good but their ribeye was not as good as steaks I've had in Kansas for half the price. Parking in downtown P-town is a PITA. You could do worse if you want a quieter atmosphere but spending $100 for dinner without alcohol is not a bargain.

3) Went to the Zzumania event on Friday night featuring Yung Gravy. WSU deserves to get fined for the crime of charging grown adults $45 a person for a concert that nobody my age cared about. They barely showed the basketball teams off and the event was primarily watching the cheerleaders and dance teams doing their thing for 80% of the time. Almost no returning men's players from last year but there are dudes all over the place. Of course, the ladies basketball team got the biggest cheer. Watching college students chant with a "rapper" that I've never heard of was a unique experience. If you've never heard of Yung Gravy, you aren't missing anything, but it was kind of cultish watching the students getting into it. The highlight of the night for my wife was when she spotted Charlisse Ledger Walker and some of the other gals from the basketball team watching the concert from the concourse. I went over and told them that they were the only reason that we paid to get into the event. They asked if we wanted pictures and they asked a lot more about us than we expected. You can tell that they enjoy interacting with fans.

4) We stayed at an AirBNB in someone's basement a little over a block from campus. Paid too much but the room was pretty well finished and the hosts were more generous than normal. They provided a bottle of WSU branded wine, some sodas and snacks in the room. Of course, for $459 for a night....you hope that they treat you ok. It was a 7 minute walk to Beasley though...so it was good overall.

5) Ate lunch at Cougar Country Drive-In. It is what it is. Over-priced run of the mill burgers but a Pullman tradition.

6) Hung out at Valhalla with a former Coug football player and a few other folks before the game. My wife was astonished by the number of $16 pitchers of beer that were consumed. It was busy but not nearly as busy as i expected. Great way to burn 3 hours before the game.

7) As mentioned to start, we had club seats and let's just say that they were well worth the $250 we paid for the pair of tickets. We didn't get a single drop of rain on us, the club area was heated and we had good neighbors. I guarantee that we will look at those when we go to another game in the future. The food was decently priced for the situation but nobody would claim it was a good deal. My wife is afraid of heights but the club seats we had were at the back of the section against the wall and she held up ok.

9) We paid for general parking and parked near Daggy Hall. We should have parked 400' further down the hill. It took longer to get out of the parking lot and across Spokane Street than it took to get the rest of the way out of town. If we had parked in the spot west of Spokane Street, we would have been out of town at least 15 minutes earlier.

10) We were in traffic for almost the entire trip to Spokane on Saturday night. The Pacifica had pretty decent Adaptive Cruise Control and took care of absorbing the rubber banding of the idiot drivers who bounced from 45 mph to 65 mph all the way past Colfax. By the time we got to Rosalia, it was loosening up some, but still bunches of cars along the way. It never ceases to amaze me to see idiots drive 55 mph until they get to the passing lane and then speed up to 65 mph like some kind of f#ckin' monkey who doesn't want people to pass them. Got to the hotel at 11:20 pm.

11) Stayed at the Springhill Suites right across the street from the airport terminal but we were there for only 5 hours since we had an early morning flight. Nicer than the Ramada that we normally stay at but the bathroom fan would turn on and off at random and we never saw a switch for it. Worth the price if you don't want to deal with driving and dropping off a rental car at 4 am.

12) At our layover in Denver, we used the free United Club passes that my wife gets once per year as a United Miles Plus member. The breakfast was "ok" and complimentary with entry. It's much quieter in there than outside in the terminal. That said, not really worth the money and we would never pay to use it on it's own.

This post is worthless without a picture of what I assume is a cutiepie of a wife. If, not, let me swill a six pack (I am done with my 32 day non-drinking hiatus) and I can re-assess.

The guy we hung out with at Valhalla has had club seats for years. WSU reached out to him this summer and said that given his donations over the years, they would waive the normal extra donation to buy into a suite and let him buy four tickets in a suite at face value of the tickets and his normal donation. The club seats that we had are owned by a season ticket holder but my wife says that they don't live in Washington. The folks we sat next to said that they never see the same people two games in a row in those seats. The club seats were the fullest seats in the entire stadium. I'd guess they were at 90% capacity compared to the rest of the stadium that was closer to 40% of capacity (being generous).
So our athletic department is simultaneously giving away money AND devaluing our product...

Hmmm, I wonder why WSU athletics is a financial mess...

This post is worthless without a picture of what I assume is a cutiepie of a wife. If, not, let me swill a six pack (I am done with my 32 day non-drinking hiatus) and I can re-assess.

Nobody wants to see a couple folks that are a century old combined. Maybe I'll post some pictures of the dance team for the more decrepit amongst us.

Thank you for writing that up. Always interesting to read about the non-EWa fans game day experience.

Good report, here is my short report. Thought about going down to Moscow for the best carne asada I have ever had at La Casa Lopez but couldn't talk myself into getting out of the house early for that, was just busy watching several CFB games on the boob tube. Planned to have a couple Pizza Slices in the CUB where we always hang out before games, but found out they were gone. WTH? How can a pizza joint not make it big in the middle of a college campus? So I decided to go with the Mexican joint, ordered a carne asada burrito since the gal said it was her favorite, better than the chicken or pork. OMFG!!!! It was the WORST carne asada I have ever tasted! Meat was tough, full of gristle, and it was seasoned with something set your mouth on fire. Never had any carne asada with anything like that before and hope I never do again. Made it through about 2/3 of the thing, pulling out big chunks of gristle from my mouth before throwing away the remainder. Yuck, last time that place will get my business.

To top it off as I pulled out my wallet to for the burrito they told me the don't take cash! WTF? How can you be in retail and not take cash? At least the Bookie has one register out of four that doesn't force you to use a card. I think the next time that happens to me somewhere I will just throw down enough to cover the cost and tell the place to deal with it as I walk away. If they give me a price in US dollars I should be able to pay for it with us dollars. If they give me a price only in cryto then I would be SOL, but no reason I cannot pay in in USD.

Holy Flatliner Batman …you sound like my wife . Chicken was cooked to 166 and should have been 165. But I had a nice night anyway .

Flat, did that number you gave for the AirBNB include fees, or was that just the base rate?

BS. I want a pic of your wife!
BS I had a nice eve?

You believe after my dealing with nut job Yaki fixing me and my kids and co workers I would ever post a pic of anyone who means anything to me on this site ?

Imagine Halle Berry … with longer hair .

Flat, did that number you gave for the AirBNB include fees, or was that just the base rate?
That right there is part of the problem. Who the hell wants to pay that much to stay in Pullman? That's ridiculous. Between that and hotel prices, I'm not surprised people don't come. My family has 10 season ticket seats and I'm not sure I'd be going if there wasn't an rv to stay in. It was cheaper to go to the ASU game than a home game

Good report, here is my short report. Thought about going down to Moscow for the best carne asada I have ever had at La Casa Lopez but couldn't talk myself into getting out of the house early for that, was just busy watching several CFB games on the boob tube. Planned to have a couple Pizza Slices in the CUB where we always hang out before games, but found out they were gone. WTH? How can a pizza joint not make it big in the middle of a college campus? So I decided to go with the Mexican joint, ordered a carne asada burrito since the gal said it was her favorite, better than the chicken or pork. OMFG!!!! It was the WORST carne asada I have ever tasted! Meat was tough, full of gristle, and it was seasoned with something set your mouth on fire. Never had any carne asada with anything like that before and hope I never do again. Made it through about 2/3 of the thing, pulling out big chunks of gristle from my mouth before throwing away the remainder. Yuck, last time that place will get my business.

To top it off as I pulled out my wallet to for the burrito they told me the don't take cash! WTF? How can you be in retail and not take cash? At least the Bookie has one register out of four that doesn't force you to use a card. I think the next time that happens to me somewhere I will just throw down enough to cover the cost and tell the place to deal with it as I walk away. If they give me a price in US dollars I should be able to pay for it with us dollars. If they give me a price only in cryto then I would be SOL, but no reason I cannot pay in in USD.
Not taking cash is their way of keeping their employees from stealing from them, at least that’s our aim where I work. It’s really sad when you have to fire someone who’s been working for you for 12 years because they stole $85.

BS I had a nice eve?

You believe after my dealing with nut job Yaki fixing me and my kids and co workers I would ever post a pic of anyone who means anything to me on this site ?

Imagine Halle Berry … with longer hair .
oops sorry, I meant to ask Flat for a pic of his wife. :)

That right there is part of the problem. Who the hell wants to pay that much to stay in Pullman? That's ridiculous. Between that and hotel prices, I'm not surprised people don't come. My family has 10 season ticket seats and I'm not sure I'd be going if there wasn't an rv to stay in. It was cheaper to go to the ASU game than a home game
This is pretty wild when you think about it. I’d imagine teams traveling have the same issue. 50 or so hotel rooms for players and staff costs way more in Pullman than it does in Seattle, LA, Bay Area, Phoenix. I’ve said it before I can’t blame the businesses for wanting to max their revenue, but that probably isn’t helping us when it comes to realignment!

Holy Flatliner Batman …you sound like my wife . Chicken was cooked to 166 and should have been 165. But I had a nice night anyway .

Honest reviews include pros and cons? FWIW, The Black Cypress was a bit of a CF on Friday. My wife and I got put at a table designed for six while groups of people were waiting to get seated later. They straight up told us that they were understaffed and to expect a wait for our order to be taken before we started. They were scrambling to set up other tables on the fly to meet demand.

The service was actually slightly better than they implied it would be and we were only there for about an hour, which wasn't bad because of the chaos to start with.

We drove our EV over for the Arizona game. The charging situation was too stressful, so we probably won't do that again. There were chargers at the hotel, but people just plug into those and leave their cars plugged in all day. Presumably they just plug in, then go up to campus for the day, not wanting to get all the way back down to the hotel to unplug. We ended up plugging into the free chargers at the visitor center and were able to get enough of a charge to get back to Ellensburgh the next day. Still, too much planning and worrying to really make it worth the savings, IMO.

This is pretty wild when you think about it. I’d imagine teams traveling have the same issue. 50 or so hotel rooms for players and staff costs way more in Pullman than it does in Seattle, LA, Bay Area, Phoenix. I’ve said it before I can’t blame the businesses for wanting to max their revenue, but that probably isn’t helping us when it comes to realignment!
Took the fam to Pullman and the Holliday Inn Express was over $1K for the weekend.

My son and I went to Phoenix for the World Series and found a hotel for just over $300 for 2 nights.

Wild.

• Wow
Reactions: PeteTheChop
Took the fam to Pullman and the Holliday Inn Express was over $1K for the weekend.

My son and I went to Phoenix for the World Series and found a hotel for just over $300 for 2 nights.

Wild.
Lodging in pullman has driven many fans away from going to games

Lodging in pullman has driven many fans away from going to games

We stayed in Spokane on Saturday night to save $250. We would have scheduled a later flight out of Spokane if hotels were more affordable in Pullman/Moscow. We used to stay at the La Quinta in Moscow at pretty reasonable rates just a few years ago. I wish fans would just boycott the hotels for the first two weeks of the season. I'm betting we'd see more reasonable rates pretty quickly.

Our stadium hasn't grown in capacity, there are more hotels than ever, but prices are double what they used to be. Inflation is a b!tch but what's going on in Pullman is profiteering.

We drove our EV over for the Arizona game. The charging situation was too stressful, so we probably won't do that again. There were chargers at the hotel, but people just plug into those and leave their cars plugged in all day. Presumably they just plug in, then go up to campus for the day, not wanting to get all the way back down to the hotel to unplug. We ended up plugging into the free chargers at the visitor center and were able to get enough of a charge to get back to Ellensburgh the next day. Still, too much planning and worrying to really make it worth the savings, IMO.

There was supposed to be a charger behind Dana Hall and I almost looked into using it but decided that it wasn't worth the effort for the plug in hybrid.

Wild.
Unreal. I love the Cougs but any two teams in the WS>>>Cougs…outside of maybe college Gameday top ten matchup.

I’m lucky I can stay with my cousin who lives in Pullman and I live in Spokane. So pretty easy cheap trip for me. The costs for everything, no wonder sellouts are becoming more infrequent. I sure as hell wouldn’t drop $1,500 several times a year. I can afford it but there’s better things I can think of to do with my $$.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Unreal. I love the Cougs but any two teams in the WS>>>Cougs…outside of maybe college Gameday top ten matchup.

I’m lucky I can stay with my cousin who lives in Pullman and I live in Spokane. So pretty easy cheap trip for me. The costs for everything, no wonder sellouts are becoming more infrequent. I sure as hell wouldn’t drop $1,500 several times a year. I can afford it but there’s better things I can think of to do with my $$.
I haven't overnighted in Pullman in close to a decade. Tickets alone hit $1K for the year. Gas for 6 games gets it around $1,400 (actually, it'll cost more now if I take the bus at $90/seat). Add in lunch, dinner, and snacks at near $100/week.

Add it all up and my whole season costs about $2K (not counting variable donations). I'm 99% going to drop it and just go to single games of my choice in the future. There's zero chance I'd participate if it was $1,500 per week. It's not even close to being worth that.

I haven't overnighted in Pullman in close to a decade. Tickets alone hit $1K for the year. Gas for 6 games gets it around $1,400 (actually, it'll cost more now if I take the bus at $90/seat). Add in lunch, dinner, and snacks at near $100/week.

Add it all up and my whole season costs about $2K (not counting variable donations). I'm 99% going to drop it and just go to single games of my choice in the future. There's zero chance I'd participate if it was $1,500 per week. It's not even close to being worth that.
We spent around $1700 for the trip but it would have been more if not for getting a great deal on the airfare. That doesn't include money for stuff like Cougar Gold and some new Cougar gear.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Reading this thread and others on this fan board would have to be alarming for any cougar athletic administrator.

Here we are as pretty rabid fans...enough to spend time and energy and fanwidth arguing and politely discussing the goings on of coug football (and athletics) on a.fan message board as in real time apathy is growing, kinda at what is a shocking rate (justified)!

Imagine how the casual fan is approaching this. The canary in the cage looks like it is dead to me...that's all I have to say about that

Reading this thread and others on this fan board would have to be alarming for any cougar athletic administrator.

Here we are as pretty rabid fans...enough to spend time and energy and fanwidth arguing and politely discussing the goings on of coug football (and athletics) on a.fan message board as in real time apathy is growing, kinda at what is a shocking rate (justified)!

Imagine how the casual fan is approaching this. The canary in the cage looks like it is dead to me...that's all I have to say about that
Brand Y declared last Saturday as the death of Cougar football.

Not this season, mind you. THE death of Cougar football. Forever.

A couple thoughts from me on this, having thought about these things a lot lately:

1. There are tons of things discussed on this board over the past several years, and other information out there for anyone to see, that should have alarmed any Cougar Athletics administrator. There are a lot of people who either have no clue or have done nothing about it for years.

2. It is tempting to see the anecdotes in a thread like this and believe they portend complete doom, but I think most casual fans are too ignorant to even really know what's going on, and most of them will just carry on much like they have done previously. These types are the audience of statements from Schulz like "we'll continue to have Cougar Football Saturday" and similar dumbed-down nonsense. Yeah, they hate the Huskies and probably the Ducks, but beyond that, they don't know much about the college football landscape, or even who is on the team other than the QB. These people might actually just keep showing up, responding to calls for donations, etc.--to the extent casual fans do any of these things--because they don't know or care how hosed we are, and don't really understand it. They don't really care if the Cougs are playing Arizona or Utah State. They just hope the Cougs win and want to see some exciting plays. They don't even care that much about something like the Cougs losing to Stanford this past weekend in the way they did. They don't like the Cougs losing, but they don't realize what an abject failure it was, how bad the opponent was, the implications for bowl eligibility, and so on. Contrast that with the more hardcore types that are just despondent with all of this, because we know there's a very high likelihood WSU is completely hosed, depending on how one defines it, and can surmise that what's happening on the field likely is a product of that and is hastening our misery.

Maybe I'm wrong about the ignorance level of many casual fans, but I don't think so based on my time in the stands. In any case, I think a decent chunk of the casual fans have this mindset, where they actually care less about major issues and this other stuff than people like us do, and there are a lot more of them than there are more knowledgeable WSU fans. Even a lot of the casual fans are pretty disillusioned and will lose interest, though.

As a bigger problem, it seems like most of those who donate appreciable money, buy season tickets, etc., at least know what's going on at the level of knowing WSU is pretty screwed going forward. So the impacts might be disproportionately bad in terms of impacts on donations and the like. But attendance probably will still chug along, taking a sizeable hit that results in embarrassing figures, but it's not like the stadium will be a ghost town other than for the worst matchups in terrible weather, since a decent chunk of casual fans and some cadre of the die-hards will continue to show up. That's why I say it's likely to be in the teens over time.

A couple thoughts from me on this, having thought about these things a lot lately:

1. There are tons of things discussed on this board over the past several years, and other information out there for anyone to see, that should have alarmed any Cougar Athletics administrator. There are a lot of people who either have no clue or have done nothing about it for years.

2. It is tempting to see the anecdotes in a thread like this and believe they portend complete doom, but I think most casual fans are too ignorant to even really know what's going on, and most of them will just carry on much like they have done previously. These types are the audience of statements from Schulz like "we'll continue to have Cougar Football Saturday" and similar dumbed-down nonsense. Yeah, they hate the Huskies and probably the Ducks, but beyond that, they don't know much about the college football landscape, or even who is on the team other than the QB. These people might actually just keep showing up, responding to calls for donations, etc.--to the extent casual fans do any of these things--because they don't know or care how hosed we are, and don't really understand it. They don't really care if the Cougs are playing Arizona or Utah State. They just hope the Cougs win and want to see some exciting plays. They don't even care that much about something like the Cougs losing to Stanford this past weekend in the way they did. They don't like the Cougs losing, but they don't realize what an abject failure it was, how bad the opponent was, the implications for bowl eligibility, and so on. Contrast that with the more hardcore types that are just despondent with all of this, because we know there's a very high likelihood WSU is completely hosed, depending on how one defines it, and can surmise that what's happening on the field likely is a product of that and is hastening our misery.

Maybe I'm wrong about the ignorance level of many casual fans, but I don't think so based on my time in the stands. In any case, I think a decent chunk of the casual fans have this mindset, where they actually care less about major issues and this other stuff than people like us do, and there are a lot more of them than there are more knowledgeable WSU fans. Even a lot of the casual fans are pretty disillusioned and will lose interest, though.

As a bigger problem, it seems like most of those who donate appreciable money, buy season tickets, etc., at least know what's going on at the level of knowing WSU is pretty screwed going forward. So the impacts might be disproportionately bad in terms of impacts on donations and the like. But attendance probably will still chug along, taking a sizeable hit that results in embarrassing figures, but it's not like the stadium will be a ghost town other than for the worst matchups in terrible weather, since a decent chunk of casual fans and some cadre of the die-hards will continue to show up. That's why I say it's likely to be in the teens over time.
I think you are right on a lot of that, and what I think is most heartbreaking is that WSU as an institution is fine with it. What's that old Bobby Knight saying... well, you know what it is. Seem like that's WSU's stance of the complete ass-fcking the athletics are being served.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT