ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Apple Cup creative design...

What compels people to buy a shirt like this? I mean, really, what would cause someone to think "hey, I'm going to spend $20 on this t-shirt regarding a particular instance of a regular season football game, played every year, with both teams' logos on it?"

Reactions: Cougzz and Coug90
What compels people to buy a shirt like this? I mean, really, what would cause someone to think "hey, I'm going to spend $20 on this t-shirt regarding a particular instance of a regular season football game, played every year, with both teams' logos on it?"
Maybe something like: "Hmmm. I don't know what to buy (my son-in-law/brother/cousin/grandnephew) for (Christmas/Hannukkah/Kwanzaa/his birthday) but I know he likes football and he's (a big fan of/has heard of) (the awesome Washington State Cougars/the poop-eating dogs of Montlake) so I'll get him this shirt. He (will be thrilled/will be okay with it/probably won't hate it and me for buying it) and I can cross his name off the list."

Reactions: Cougzz
Maybe something like: "Hmmm. I don't know what to buy (my son-in-law/brother/cousin/grandnephew) for (Christmas/Hannukkah/Kwanzaa/his birthday) but I know he likes football and he's (a big fan of/has heard of) (the awesome Washington State Cougars/the poop-eating dogs of Montlake) so I'll get him this shirt. He (will be thrilled/will be okay with it/probably won't hate it and me for buying it) and I can cross his name off the list."

I don't know -- if your goal is to keep the kid celibate, as the t-shirt would probably help be a significant aid for, just go with this to do the job properly:
61BCjYenTwL._UX679_.jpg

I don't know -- if your goal is to keep the kid celibate, as the t-shirt would probably help be a significant aid for, just go with this to do the job properly:
61BCjYenTwL._UX679_.jpg
And yet the first thing that comes to mind when I see this shirt is those shaggin' wagon vans with the wolf on the side...

Another shirt that disappeared when I married my now ex wife.
Damn I wish I had that one back...
My original shirt essentially disintegrated around 1990. I bought this one off of a kid’s back at the Coug a coupe of years later.

My favorite memories of the original has to be the two summers that I lived up on Greek row at udump during the 80s. I wore that shirt often and proudly. Stupid, twenty year old SD thought it was funny when random folks at the grocery store would stare at him in horror.

i think I might be married to your ex wife
Well, all I can say without sounding too bitter is that you need to reevaluate your taste in women.
Kinda like owning a Corvette with a blown engine...

Reactions: Coug90
61BCjYenTwL._UX679_.jpg

You joke, but honestly this shirt goes hard. I guarantee this would absolutely do well at a 20-30 year old type of bar.

You joke, but honestly this shirt goes hard. I guarantee this would absolutely do well at a 20-30 year old type of bar.

I'm out of the game, man. I guess I could see that one killing it in an ironic way. I was trying to find one of those wolf t-shirts that evokes memories of Napoleon Dynamite, but those I found looked too much like Huskies.

I'm out of the game, man. I guess I could see that one killing it in an ironic way. I was trying to find one of those wolf t-shirts that evokes memories of Napoleon Dynamite, but those I found looked too much like Huskies.

You definitely would have to own that shirt 100%, if there was any sense of worry wearing it, it'd be sniffed out. I can totally see why it'd be looked at weird though.

The Apple Cup logo is not good. It all needs a fresh rebranding.

Also, has anyone ever held the AC trophy? It's pretty unremarkable and very light. I wish it was a bit more bad@ss. I'm not expecting a big tennis-like Wimbledon trophy, but something a bit more stout would be nice.
Something like this?
Stanley_Cup%2C_2015.jpg

Reactions: E Jones
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT