ADVERTISEMENT

2021 FB Schedule II

WaltherPPK

Redshirt
Sep 8, 2014
Spokane
The first thread degenerated into a covid, young/old and just about everything else trash talk !

AS for FB, in 2021, assuming that the sked IS played :

most likely : 4 / 8
possible : 5 / 7
could happen : 3 / 9

the surprise of the season: even though the game is in Seattle, I think the team has a reasonable chance to FINALLY beat the dogs at their land fill location. Go 3 / 9 and beat the dog scum - I am happy, Coach gets a second year !

I'm hoping a new QB will come in and move the offense a little more efficiently than JDL. I'm questioning whether JDL has it between the ears at this point in his career, based both on his on and off field decision making.

I know we can't judge anything from the festering cesspool that was last season, but what we saw didn't look good. It didn't even show that spark of something good developing like we could see when the Bennetts or CML first took the reigns but got their butts kicked. It looked 4 poor recruiting years in a row bad, at least on offense.

My guesses below:

9/4 UTAH STATE - WIN
9/11 PORTLAND STATE - WIN
9/18 USC - LOSS
9/25 at Utah - LOSS
10/2 at Cal - WIN
10/9 OREGON STATE - WIN
10/16 STANFORD - WIN
10/23 BYU - WIN
10/30 at Arizona State - LOSS
11/6 BYE
11/13 at Oregon - LOSS
11/19 (Fri) ARIZONA - WIN
11/26 APPLE CUP (at Seattle) - LOSS

We can definitely lose that BYU game and I'm not feeling all that great about at California. We rarely win in Tempe so it's hard to feel good about that game. As for your prediction, I'd make the following prediction ranges.

Most Likely: 5-6 wins

Best case: 8-4

Worst case: 3-9

Portland State is the only guaranteed win. I think we'll have a slight edge against Utah St, OSU and Arizona. Cal, ASU and Stanford are all in the same ballpark as us. BYU may have a slight edge on paper based on 2020. USC, Utah, Oregon and UW are just better than the Cougs right now.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
It all comes down to the QB play. The rest of the offense is experienced and in many cases very proven - T Harris, Lucas, Borgi...

6 wins minimum with competent QB play.

It all comes down to the QB play. The rest of the offense is experienced and in many cases very proven - T Harris, Lucas, Borgi...

6 wins minimum with competent QB play.

Agree with your win predictions, FLAT, except I would say Stanford is a loss, and ASU a win.

That said I can see how WSU can beat stanford and lose to ASU.

Likely: 5,6,7 wins(out of that 6 wins most likely, 7 at best, 5 at worst)

Best Case: 8-4, 9-3

Worst case: 5-7,4-8

Only getting 0,1,2,3 wins, isnt gona happen.

If it does happen, I'll literally eat those words.

Also if it happens Rolo will be on SCORCHING HOT seat. And then if he repeats that the next year after that he is fired after 3 total seasons since being hired.

I see 7-5. Like FLAT said. BYU and Cal could be losses, but that if they end up losses, I can see WSU beating ASU, UW instead of Cal, BYU.

Its kind of like Leach, I can see WSU winning a game they shouldnt, and losing a game they shouldnt.

This is of course barring injuries, covid cancelations, etc.

Anything less than 6 wins and CNR isn't the guy. And that should be the extreme low.

I can understand your sentiment.

But 6 wins at the extreme lowest, or Rolo isnt the guy ignores the QB situation.

Yes at least the TRANSFER QB or Cooper should at least be able to GAME MANAGE the offense, get the ball into Borghi's, McIntosh's, WR's hands to help them score, and should be able to throw the ball away when have to, not commit dumb turnovers, etc.

But if they dont, thats only on Rolo's development, X's and O's coaching.

Thats not on Rolo's Recruiting.

The QB recruiting, QB situation, is on Leach.

Now the QB's should be able to get 6,7 wins.

But if the QB's are not able to get 6,7 wins, the QB's should be able to get at least 5 wins.

If WSU, Rolo, QB's gets at least 5 wins, and 4 wins at ULTIMATE EXTREME WORST(And there had better be some pretty legit, damn good reasons for only 4 wins), then Rolo could still get it done.

But if WSU, Rolo only gets 1,2,3 wins, and 4 wins if there no good reason for only getting 4 wins, then thats on Rolo, not the QB's, not Leach, and is not acceptable, ok, and Rolo wouldnt be able to get it done if that happened, and should be on extreme HOT seat an or fired.

6 wins is not the lowest acceptable outcome.

Thats because 6,7 wins is either likely average, an or semi best case scenario.

Best case is 7,8,9 wins. Rolo will get it done, continue to get it done.

Average is 5,6,7 wins. Rolo can and probably will get it done.

Worst is 5,6 wins. Rolo can get it done.

Extreme Ultimate Worst is 4 wins. Rolo probably wont get it done, but still theoretically possible

0,1,2,3 wins wont happen. But if it does, Fire Rolo, an or Rolo cant, wont get it done, and Rolo gets fired later.

5 wins is still an acceptable outcome, albeit barely. And Rolo could still get it done(Barely)

Saying WSU/Rolo must have 6,7 wins, or Rolo cant, wont get it done, is wrong, and ignores the QB situation, that is largely still on Leach.

I'm hoping a new QB will come in and move the offense a little more efficiently than JDL. I'm questioning whether JDL has it between the ears at this point in his career, based both on his on and off field decision making.

I know we can't judge anything from the festering cesspool that was last season, but what we saw didn't look good. It didn't even show that spark of something good developing like we could see when the Bennetts or CML first took the reigns but got their butts kicked. It looked 4 poor recruiting years in a row bad, at least on offense.
2020 defense was better than I expected, although they faded late in games. Part of that may be that the offense was worse than I expected, and couldn't keep the D off the field. I really hope JDL isn't the best we've got still. His debut was decent, but he didn't get better. He's got a lot of time left, but in a season that actually counts I don't really think he's ready.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I can understand your sentiment.

But 6 wins at the extreme lowest, or Rolo isnt the guy ignores the QB situation.

Yes at least the TRANSFER QB or Cooper should at least be able to GAME MANAGE the offense, get the ball into Borghi's, McIntosh's, WR's hands to help them score, and should be able to throw the ball away when have to, not commit dumb turnovers, etc.

But if they dont, thats only on Rolo's development, X's and O's coaching.

Thats not on Rolo's Recruiting.

The QB recruiting, QB situation, is on Leach.

Now the QB's should be able to get 6,7 wins.

But if the QB's are not able to get 6,7 wins, the QB's should be able to get at least 5 wins.

If WSU, Rolo, QB's gets at least 5 wins, and 4 wins at ULTIMATE EXTREME WORST(And there had better be some pretty legit, damn good reasons for only 4 wins), then Rolo could still get it done.

But if WSU, Rolo only gets 1,2,3 wins, and 4 wins if there no good reason for only getting 4 wins, then thats on Rolo, not the QB's, not Leach, and is not acceptable, ok, and Rolo wouldnt be able to get it done if that happened, and should be on extreme HOT seat an or fired.

6 wins is not the lowest acceptable outcome.

Thats because 6,7 wins is either likely average, an or semi best case scenario.

Best case is 7,8,9 wins. Rolo will get it done, continue to get it done.

Average is 5,6,7 wins. Rolo can and probably will get it done.

Worst is 5,6 wins. Rolo can get it done.

Extreme Ultimate Worst is 4 wins. Rolo probably wont get it done, but still theoretically possible

0,1,2,3 wins wont happen. But if it does, Fire Rolo, an or Rolo cant, wont get it done, and Rolo gets fired later.

5 wins is still an acceptable outcome, albeit barely. And Rolo could still get it done(Barely)

Saying WSU/Rolo must have 6,7 wins, or Rolo cant, wont get it done, is wrong, and ignores the QB situation, that is largely still on Leach.

Uh, Leach won 6 games with the talent on this roster (and recruited de Laura, who CNR started), so uh yeah, I'm asking at minimum the same from CNR.

2020 defense was better than I expected, although they faded late in games. Part of that may be that the offense was worse than I expected, and couldn't keep the D off the field. I really hope JDL isn't the best we've got still. His debut was decent, but he didn't get better. He's got a lot of time left, but in a season that actually counts I don't really think he's ready.

I for one am not on the JDL hype train. The kids got wheels but he's got terrible mechanics and it's not that he didn't get better, it's that he got worse as the season went on. I was excited about him after game one but by the end of the very short season, I was the guy yelling for the QB on the bench, which is something that I've never been prone to do.

I agree about JDL. He’s young and has plenty of room for growth but multiple 3rd Q implosions indicates to me a QB who’s head is not in the game and who’s checking out at half time. Yeah, add in a dumb (albeit young) move of getting nipped for a DUI in Pullman and warning lights are flashing. He’s a helluva physical talent and I hope he’s gets it together but glad there’s a contingency plan in place.

I think the defense is the strength of this team for the next couple of years. If the transfer QB comes in and does minshew type things (not likely) WSU could win 8–10 games and surprise. With a healthy Borghi if he just moves the chains and avoids an avalanche of turnovers, this is a 6 win+ bowl team with a stronger defense.

Its going to be a long season for the Cougs. The defense was bad before Rolo got here. Schemes and effort can only do so much, and I don't see that the cavalry has arrived. As a result, the offense needs to be very good just to get us to 7 wins. The "run and shoot" can be very effective, but you need a "heady" QB, who understands from play to play what the defense is giving him. This isn't a Leach, success by out executing, offense. It is much more read and react. Do we have that QB?

As for JDL, can he break the Brink/Kegel mold, QBs with average arms who tried to be hard throwers. He needs to become a "quick release" QB to truly effective. You don't need a ton of pace on your throws if you have a snap release. But you do have to surrender some ego, by accepting the fact you are a junk ball, rather than a big arm, QB.
Gesser being Exhibit A.

Most everybody acknowledges that last year's results came with an asterisk. Lack of spring ball with a new coach and system, in-season disruptions with cancelled games, a short sample size when it comes to actual on-the-field play, etc...I don't give Rolo and the team a complete pass for last year but it's reasonable to have some specific expectations for this year that exceed what took place in 2020.

Having written all that, I don't think last season was as discouraging as some may feel. Cougars won their first game, were competitive and ahead of the Ducks for much of the second game, were competitive and ahead of Utah for much of the final game. That leaves the USC game as the only total clunker, and even that was the result of a nightmarish 2nd quarter. The ingredients of a pretty good team are there but it's up to the coaching staff to bring it all together.

Glad Cougar

Until I see this style of the Run & Shoot Playbook involve more than 2-WR's on a regular basis, any WIN vs. the better defenses (CAL, Utah, UW) in the Pac12 is wishful thinking. My hope is that Smith and Rolo understand now that this isn't the Mountain West. You can't just have a 2-man route concept with very small WR's and win in this league. I think we will know a lot about this offense early if the Tennessee transfer earns the job. If it's completely different vs. a year ago, how much is that due to having a Frosh QB? or COVID limitations ?, or did the coaches learn a few things from last years experiment season and realize that the scheme needed to be expanded? Should be a fun adventure to see unfold in the Fall.

Go Cougs

Reactions: etowncoug
My guesses below:

9/4 UTAH STATE - WIN
9/11 PORTLAND STATE - WIN
9/18 USC - LOSS
9/25 at Utah - LOSS
10/2 at Cal - WIN
10/9 OREGON STATE - WIN
10/16 STANFORD - WIN
10/23 BYU - WIN
10/30 at Arizona State - LOSS
11/6 BYE
11/13 at Oregon - LOSS
11/19 (Fri) ARIZONA - WIN
11/26 APPLE CUP (at Seattle) - LOSS

We can definitely lose that BYU game and I'm not feeling all that great about at California. We rarely win in Tempe so it's hard to feel good about that game. As for your prediction, I'd make the following prediction ranges.

Most Likely: 5-6 wins

Best case: 8-4

Worst case: 3-9

Portland State is the only guaranteed win. I think we'll have a slight edge against Utah St, OSU and Arizona. Cal, ASU and Stanford are all in the same ballpark as us. BYU may have a slight edge on paper based on 2020. USC, Utah, Oregon and UW are just better than the Cougs right now.

Flat, this is reasonable. I figure Stanford and ASU to be a coin toss. You picked Stanford. Of the other 6 wins, Cal is probably the most dicey.

Following Coug tradition, I expect us to lose one we should win and win one we should lose. Rolo has focused on UW since he arrived on campus. Would not surprise me if we beat UW (even if we are underdogs) but lost to Cal, Arizona or OSU.

Still, I think 6 wins is the peak of the bell curve, and 7 wins is a touch more likely than 5 wins. The hard part of handicapping this season is the free covid year, and the group of returners to the teams in the bottom half of the league. I suspect that 2021 will be the most balanced top to bottom in the history of the PAC, or pretty close to it, as a result. And the other conferences are probably in the same boat.

I for one am not on the JDL hype train. The kids got wheels but he's got terrible mechanics and it's not that he didn't get better, it's that he got worse as the season went on. I was excited about him after game one but by the end of the very short season, I was the guy yelling for the QB on the bench, which is something that I've never been prone to do.

Flat, I feel you on the bench stuff. It's been a long time since I called for the bench for a new QB but, good grief, Jayden was so terrible I wanted to see if Cooper or Cruz offered something different. It was so bad I was willing to concede De Laura was the better practice player but wanted to see if someone stepped up in a game.

I've heard in the past Camm has a tendency to get in his own head. If the bulb goes on for him, he has far superior skills. Guarantano is another phenomenal athlete who can make all the throws if he grasps the mental side of things. De Laura could also take a leap forward. Regardless, the offense will hinge on QB play. Rolo just needs to develop one.

Flat, I feel you on the bench stuff. It's been a long time since I called for the bench for a new QB but, good grief, Jayden was so terrible I wanted to see if Cooper or Cruz offered something different. It was so bad I was willing to concede De Laura was the better practice player but wanted to see if someone stepped up in a game.

I've heard in the past Camm has a tendency to get in his own head. If the bulb goes on for him, he has far superior skills. Guarantano is another phenomenal athlete who can make all the throws if he grasps the mental side of things. De Laura could also take a leap forward. Regardless, the offense will hinge on QB play. Rolo just needs to develop one.

All Rolo needs to develop is at least a GAME MANAGER.

WSU has a NFL quality O line.

NFL Quality RB's

And at least 1 NFL Quality WR in Travel.

With all that NFL Quality, all the QB has to do is:

1. About 34% of time hand the ball off to the NFL RB.

2. Do shovel passes, screen passes, passes to Flat, 5 yard passes, etc, to the NFL RB.

3. Shovel Passes, Screen Passes, 5 to 10 yard Curls, Crosses, Slants, to WR's.

4. The occasional WR Jet Sweep, or Reverse or Double Reverse.

5. The QB getting 4 yards about 9% to 17% of time.

6. The occasional Wild Cat to the RB.

7. The occasional mid range pass.

8. The occasional long pass.

9. Sometimes passing left, sometimes passing middle, sometimes passing to the right.

10. The occasional scramble, bootleg.

11. The occasional play action pass.

12. The occasional play action run.

13. The occasional Trap run

14. The occasional delayed draw.

15. On 1st down 50/50 pass/run

16. On 2nd down 38% run/62% pass

17. 3rd down: If 3rd and long, 6% to 11% run/93% pass. If 3rd and 5, 13% to 23% run/80% pass, 3rd and Short, 3% to 5% Pass, 93% run.

18. Not making dumb throws that get picked. Not fumbling, not making dumb turnovers

19. Not taking a sack, and scrambling to at least get either back to line of scrimmage or 1,2 yards.

20. Throwing Ball away.

21. Realizing there are 4 downs, and that dont have to do it all, be successful on 1 down, and that dont have to force a throw, and can instead throw it away. Also Realizing that its ok to punt, kick a fg, and try again next possession, instead of taking a sack, or instead of throwing a pick.

If the QB, Offensive Coordinator, HC, etc, do all that, etc, MANAGE THE GAME, get the ball into the hands of the NFL Quality players, etc, then doing that should win 5,6,7,8 wins

And it should be doable to develop a QB into MANAGING THE GAME as a GAME MANAGER QB.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif

I'm definitely ready to support JDL if he gets it figured out. As someone else said above, a janky arm doesn't have to be a bad thing as long as he figures out how to make it work. As the season went on, it didn't feel that was happening. Just hope we get someone to do the job well, whoever that might be.

If you sift through Mike's post, he is mostly right; gotta give credit where due. A QB who is a competent game manager: can make the routine throws, recognize a D, audible when necessary, take a QB run when it is handed to us on a plate and avoid stupid stuff will let us win games. If we have a Minshew, then so much the better, but it is asking a lot to just get someone who will be consistent, relatively mistake free and have some mobility. If we have that much, we win at least 6 games and depending upon how our opponents are doing we might win a couple more.

Reactions: mikalalas
If you sift through Mike's post, he is mostly right; gotta give credit where due. A QB who is a competent game manager: can make the routine throws, recognize a D, audible when necessary, take a QB run when it is handed to us on a plate and avoid stupid stuff will let us win games. If we have a Minshew, then so much the better, but it is asking a lot to just get someone who will be consistent, relatively mistake free and have some mobility. If we have that much, we win at least 6 games and depending upon how our opponents are doing we might win a couple more.
That might be JDL, but we'll never know bc for some reason it appeared as though he didn't know the offense. More than likely its just the fact that its at P12 speed and not HS speed, but regardless - if you can't run the offense all that other stuff is secondary.

Unless you're Vince Young. Then you can do whatever the hell you want and the coaches will ride the coattails all the way to the NC.

I'm definitely ready to support JDL if he gets it figured out. As someone else said above, a janky arm doesn't have to be a bad thing as long as he figures out how to make it work. As the season went on, it didn't feel that was happening. Just hope we get someone to do the job well, whoever that might be.
Have to agree on JDL. Even in the first game it was pretty clear his windup is too long. He gets good zip on the ball, but takes way too long to release. Combine that with vision and decision making that did not evolve, and apparently being told not to run, and it adds up to below average play. Also appeared that the rest of the team was less inspired with him in the huddle. And, even if you've got the skills, if the other 10 guys don't want to play with you (especially the front 5) you're not going to have much success.

Until I see this style of the Run & Shoot Playbook involve more than 2-WR's on a regular basis, any WIN vs. the better defenses (CAL, Utah, UW) in the Pac12 is wishful thinking. My hope is that Smith and Rolo understand now that this isn't the Mountain West. You can't just have a 2-man route concept with very small WR's and win in this league. I think we will know a lot about this offense early if the Tennessee transfer earns the job. If it's completely different vs. a year ago, how much is that due to having a Frosh QB? or COVID limitations ?, or did the coaches learn a few things from last years experiment season and realize that the scheme needed to be expanded? Should be a fun adventure to see unfold in the Fall.

Go Cougs
Run is the operative word though. And that gives me a lot more confidence in the offense especially with a healthy Borghi. That said, we saw them bog down in the second half repeatedly so who knows.

I have my concerns but his windup is way down the list. Plenty of guys college and pro have had funky mechanics and been great players, Tebow (college) and Phillip Rivers to name a couple. My bigger concern is his footwork...QBs with happy feet that can’t step up into the pocket don’t help your offense. JDL has a ton of work to do here and that’s not always easy to correct.

Sifting through Mike's posts is asking A LOT! I can't do it anymore

All Rolo needs to develop is at least a GAME MANAGER.

WSU has a NFL quality O line.

NFL Quality RB's

And at least 1 NFL Quality WR in Travel.

If the QB, Offensive Coordinator, HC, etc, do all that, etc, MANAGE THE GAME, get the ball into the hands of the NFL Quality players, etc, then doing that should win 5,6,7,8 wins

And it should be doable to develop a QB into MANAGING THE GAME as a GAME MANAGER QB.

And we have a GSL quality defensive line. It is laughable how bad our defense is going to be.

And we have a GSL quality defensive line. It is laughable how bad our defense is going to be.

Unlike the GSL, the height we show for each kid is close to correct. :rolleyes:

We have a ton of decent DL athletes, and we have a lot of choices at DE. The question is who is ready to play DT at the PAC level. I think Crowder is one starter, and I thought he looked OK during last fall's exhibition season. I suspect that the other starter spot will be down to Hobbs, Garay-Harris and a true freshman, James. Echevarria might surprise. My money is on Hobbs, but I'd love to have some good competition. We will need at least 3 and preferably 4 guys if we are going to rotate, and being able to rotate is the key to not getting worn down in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: Coug90
Unlike the GSL, the height we show for each kid is close to correct. :rolleyes:

We have a ton of decent DL athletes, and we have a lot of choices at DE. The question is who is ready to play DT at the PAC level. I think Crowder is one starter, and I thought he looked OK during last fall's exhibition season. I suspect that the other starter spot will be down to Hobbs, Garay-Harris and a true freshman, James. Echevarria might surprise. My money is on Hobbs, but I'd love to have some good competition. We will need at least 3 and preferably 4 guys if we are going to rotate, and being able to rotate is the key to not getting worn down in the 4th quarter.

I think we'll be OK at DL. We were lacking bodies in 2018 and 2019, but we're in better shape now. Some of the tweener types like Sheetz and Garay-Harris need to develop into interior guys.

Reactions: Coug90
I think we'll be OK at DL. We were lacking bodies in 2018 and 2019, but we're in better shape now. Some of the tweener types like Sheetz and Garay-Harris need to develop into interior guys.
Agreed, it looks to me like the defense is filling out nicely with lots of key guys and young guys with experience back. I haven’t felt this good about the DLine in years-I’m not saying they are Bill Doba era good, but I see potential that’s well above average of anything we saw during the leach years. With maybe a one year exception DLine was always small and lacking depth.

The thing about the defense is:

Its just barely good enough that:

As long as a GAME MANAGER,KEEP THE CHAINS MOVING, 2.5 downs per 1st down, 4.3 yards a pop, 45 to 90 yard drives, 3.5 min to 7 min drives, RUN and SHOOT , etc:

Then the offense will score at least 29 per game, keep the defense rested, off the field, and limit opponents to about 20 points per game.

And the kick off, punt teams need to do their job, so that opposing teams offenses have to go 83 yards against our defense, instead of 43 yards.

And have to limit stupid turnovers so that our defense doesnt have to stop offenses from driving 27 yards for FG's, TD's.

WSU, Rolo, the Offense, the Special Teams, the scheme, gameplan, execution, etc, has TO HELP THE defense.

If that is done, the defense will be ok, just fine.

And that can be easily doable with what WSU has.

Agreed, it looks to me like the defense is filling out nicely with lots of key guys and young guys with experience back. I haven’t felt this good about the DLine in years-I’m not saying they are Bill Doba era good, but I see potential that’s well above average of anything we saw during the leach years. With maybe a one year exception DLine was always small and lacking depth.
I like the choices and numbers for DEs but am a little more skeptical about the interior DL. I do feel like the back seven will be a lot stronger than 2019 and the 2020 exhibition season.

As Gib alluded, the tweeners need to emerge if we are going to have any significant DT depth. While a kid at 265-270 is going to have trouble on the interior line unless their name is Hercules, a kid at 285 can do reasonably well if he didn't have to give up his first 2 steps quickness to get there.

As Gib alluded, the tweeners need to emerge if we are going to have any significant DT depth. While a kid at 265-270 is going to have trouble on the interior line unless their name is Hercules, a kid at 285 can do reasonably well if he didn't have to give up his first 2 steps quickness to get there.

285 ish is what Crowder and Hobbs are at. Echvarria is at 300+, and there is probably another DL at 285 ish.

Also 273,274,275,276,277,278,279 ish works ok too if they have good technique, speed, footwork, first step, positioning, burst, explosiveness, leverage, moves, swim move, up and under, up and over, rip move, spin move, good at using hands to shed blocks, blockers.

And they dont havecto have Hercules Strength(Altho that definitely helps).

WSU has some of those type of DT/DE hybrid 273 to 287 ish DL players.

Only problem is they are young and inexperienced, not fully developed yet.

But like I said, its good enough if the offense, Punt, Kick Off, Special teams, etc, do their jobs to help the defense, Dline, etc.

285 ish is what Crowder and Hobbs are at. Echvarria is at 300+, and there is probably another DL at 285 ish.

Also 273,274,275,276,277,278,279 ish works ok too if they have good technique, speed, footwork, first step, positioning, burst, explosiveness, leverage, moves, swim move, up and under, up and over, rip move, spin move, good at using hands to shed blocks, blockers.

And they dont havecto have Hercules Strength(Altho that definitely helps).

WSU has some of those type of DT/DE hybrid 273 to 287 ish DL players.

Only problem is they are young and inexperienced, not fully developed yet.

But like I said, its good enough if the offense, Punt, Kick Off, Special teams, etc, do their jobs to help the defense, Dline, etc.
I think for the most part depending on body types you’re fine if your interior guys are a solid 280. Unless you’ve got a kid out of HS who’s just a BSH a DLineman who’s +300 in CFB is probably carrying some useless weight and 280 with a quick first step >>310 dead weight. Seems to me there’s pretty close to a solid two deep now of guys who are in that 275-285 range. Gotta have 4 you can rotate though.

If you sift through Mike's post, he is mostly right

Do you mean he is right 50, 60, 70% of the time? Or is he right 4, 5, 6, maybe 7 times out of 10?

Would you rate his posts as high 3 star posts.....which is basically 4?

Just asking, because Mik makes it too hard to understand his points and he's all over the place so much that you have to choose which of his points are the real ones. The dude needs an editor reviewing his posts in the worst way.

Do you mean he is right 50, 60, 70% of the time? Or is he right 4, 5, 6, maybe 7 times out of 10?

Would you rate his posts as high 3 star posts.....which is basically 4?

Just asking, because Mik makes it too hard to understand his points and he's all over the place so much that you have to choose which of his points are the real ones. The dude needs an editor reviewing his posts in the worst way.

I grew up with a pretty bright kid who spoke in a "stream of consciousness" manner (I forget the official name for that). He could write a formal paper properly, but any notes he sent (this was in the '70's, and we still used the written word for notes) were much like Mike's...an extension of his spoken words. I actually get a smile when I read Mike's missives, because it reminds me of Chris. Long time ago.

Reactions: HCoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT