ADVERTISEMENT

2nd best team in the PAC-12?

Cougarmatt90

Redshirt
Sep 16, 2018
Good lord. No wonder there is east coast bias, etc. our conference is horrible, more specifically our team!! Hard to believe we are one of the best the pac has to offer. We look like first graders. Awful, horrible, no talent, lots of press and nice feel good stories but our FB team is awful, god awful.

Good lord. No wonder there is east coast bias, etc. our conference is horrible, more specifically our team!! Hard to believe we are one of the best the pac has to offer. We look like first graders. Awful, horrible, no talent, lots of press and nice feel good stories but our FB team is awful, god awful.

Only losers win ten games, and hold the lead in the fourth quarter of the Alamo Bowl.

Fans like you are awful, not the team. ISU is 7-1 in their last eight games and are ranked 24th in the country. They are a good team.

Sorry fellas, I’ve been a hard core Coug fan for 30 years, we are not, repeat not a goof FB team on the scale of college FB teams. Our conference sure, but outside we are frustratingly bad. Just the facts.

Sorry fellas, I’ve been a hard core Coug fan for 30 years, we are not, repeat not a goof FB team on the scale of college FB teams. Our conference sure, but outside we are frustratingly bad. Just the facts.

It was only a 3 point line.

Dude, ISU is the 24th ranked team in the country. Did you think that this was going to be easy?

Dude, ISU is the 24th ranked team in the country. Did you think that this was going to be easy?
If we were really "good" don't you think we would have "run" the 3rd best team in the second worst conference? Let's not kid ourselves,. The Pac-Least is struggling. Claeys and the D won this game despite another "Air Raid" no show. 50 passing attempts for 300 yards = 25 run + 25 passing for 300 yards. Both equal a no show on offense - for the third straight year. Like 1994, the defense knew, beforehand, that the game was theirs to win! They played harder than they did all season. They deserve the praise for this hard fought win. They played like they knew that the offense was firing blanks. The question we are left to ponder is why our offense is consistently a no show late? Luke isn't the whipping boy this time. We played on turf, in a dome, for christ sake! There is no AC weather excuse this time for the air-less raid. BTW, MInshew made two great plays in the second half to secure the win, but a few more solid plays would have secured a dominant win.

If we were really "good" don't you think we would have "run" the 3rd best team in the second worst conference? Let's not kid ourselves,. The Pac-Least is struggling. Claeys and the D won this game despite another "Air Raid" no show. 50 passing attempts for 300 yards = 25 run + 25 passing for 300 yards. Both equal a no show on offense - for the third straight year. Like 1994, the defense knew, beforehand, that the game was theirs to win! They played harder than they did all season. They deserve the praise for this hard fought win. They played like they knew that the offense was firing blanks. The question we are left to ponder is why our offense is consistently a no show late? Luke isn't the whipping boy this time. We played on turf, in a dome, for christ sake! There is no AC weather excuse this time for the air-less raid. BTW, MInshew made two great plays in the second half to secure the win, but a few more solid plays would have secured a dominant win.
The Sehawks lost to the 49ers and the next week beat the Chiefs. Stuff happens. If everything went exactly to script, WSU would have gone 3-9 this season instead of 11-2. Yes, WSU is a good team. Why you are trying to minimize this accomplishment is beyond me.

Both sides of the ball missed opportunities to stretch this game out. On the last ISU drive, the pass to the RB was a horrible play by the D. At least 3 guys sucked up on that QB run letting the RB run right across their face and get behind them. That can't happen. That's poor defense. If they execute that play properly, the QB is forced to keep it for no gain. Instead they're at the 1, first and goal. On the Coug drive right before that, Minshew missed a shallow cross for an easy 10-15 yds and a first down when he took that deep shot. We ended up punting instead of keeping the ball and possibly scoring or running the clock down much further. Both sides missed plays

It’s Time for you CougarMatt90 to no longer be a “Hardcore Coug Fan”.

The program is better than people like you & it’s time for you to leave the fanbase.

Your Crimson Badge Of Loser Courage is no longer accepted.

Moos wanted your types gone & he was right. You bring Zero Value. Time to leave Matt.

It’s Time for you CougarMatt90 to no longer be a “Hardcore Coug Fan”.

The program is better than people like you & it’s time for you to leave the fanbase.

Your Crimson Badge Of Loser Courage is no longer accepted.

Moos wanted your types gone & he was right. You bring Zero Value. Time to leave Matt.

Cougarmatt is a "Cougloser" plant here.

It's the team that far and away made the most of what it had, especially on defense. I have small quibbles but overall this stands as the best single season coaching job I've seen from a WSU staff.

I agree. The coaching on this team was top shelf.

It's the team that far and away made the most of what it had, especially on defense. I have small quibbles but overall this stands as the best single season coaching job I've seen from a WSU staff.
great coaching job, considering.

That being said, the Air Raid as we know it is not capable of being an effective offense. I don't know what it is about rushing 3 and dropping eight, but it stymies every single one of our qbs. Minshew looked like a batter that was only seeing bb's coming down the pipe: there was NOTHING open for him. Nothing.

Another running trope of our O failing is the absolute desertion of the run. I posted in the game thread, half way through the third we have 5 rushing attempts. FIVE. I find it comical, mystifying, and infuriating that all the same excuses we use for our D don't apply to an undersized D like ISU: they rushed 3 DL, with their 3 LB's and brought up dbs for run support. That math spells run domination for the Cougs, yet most running plays were stuffed. Its unacceptable.

Don't get me wrong : super happy to get over the hump and win a bowl game and end the (a) season on a winning note, but this game on paper should have been a rout. ISU is smaller, slower, and has way less depth than us. The fact that it was as close as it was... well, I just don't have words.

That being said, the Air Raid as we know it is not capable of being an effective offense. I don't know what it is about rushing 3 and dropping eight, but it stymies every single one of our qbs. Minshew looked like a batter that was only seeing bb's coming down the pipe: there was NOTHING open for him. Nothing.

Another running trope of our O failing is the absolute desertion of the run. I posted in the game thread, half way through the third we have 5 rushing attempts. FIVE. I find it comical, mystifying, and infuriating that all the same excuses we use for our D don't apply to an undersized D like ISU: they rushed 3 DL, with their 3 LB's and brought up dbs for run support. That math spells run domination for the Cougs, yet most running plays were stuffed. Its unacceptable.

Don't get me wrong : super happy to get over the hump and win a bowl game and end the (a) season on a winning note, but this game on paper should have been a rout. ISU is smaller, slower, and has way less depth than us. The fact that it was as close as it was... well, I just don't have words.

Not capable of being an effective offense?

You might want to flip the switch to on.

That being said, the Air Raid as we know it is not capable of being an effective offense. I don't know what it is about rushing 3 and dropping eight, but it stymies every single one of our qbs.

11-2 & Leach has been a major college coach for 17 Seasons running his “Uneffective” Air Raid. But let’s listen to your dynamic insight.

Time to exit the Program Bleed.

Not capable of being an effective offense?

You might want to flip the switch to on.
I mean, I could qualify it, but do I really need to.

Yes, it wins the game we should win, but in games that are highly contested the offense disappears. Its no longer a Falk thing - its Minshew x 3 (or 4) as well.

That means that we have to depend on either a) our D being exceedingly tough and/ or b) the opponent's offense being terrible. We got lucky with Kal, not so much with UW, and a little of both with ISU.

All I am saying is that if the Air Raid gets shut down by throwing one wrinkle at it, either the scheme is flawed or the coaching is flawed. I am pretty confident with believing that we've had solid talent at the qb position the past 4 years.

Our Bozo Fan Base is out in full force.

The Funny Thing Is, they are all the root of their own issues. They Talk shit Apple Cup Week to their UW friends. Afterward, Leach hate chatter. Continue to Bash him leading up to Bowl & now get caught again.

11-2 & Leach has been a major college coach for 17 Seasons running his “Uneffective” Air Raid. But let’s listen to your dynamic insight.

Time to exit the Program Bleed.
gfy.

I don't need you to tell me what to do. The offense gets stymied by dropping eight, EVERY FCKING TIME. Its an issue at this point, and I no longer believe its the guy under center's problem. That was convenient when it was the easy punching bag Falk, but we now have another highly capable, intelligent, and MOBILE (which everyone called for as the panacea) qb who again, gets stymied by the defense dropping eight.

ISU's D is NOT better than Kal, or UW, or Utah, yet we struggled all night. 14 points were compliments of the D.

Sorry, its an issue if we want to win conference championships and/ or playoff appearances. Hell, NY6 games for that matter.

Hahaha... Apparently CougarMatt90 isn't allowed to have an opinion different than that of the homers on the website.

So you people tell him he's not allowed to be a Cougar fan anymore because he's not impressed with the product on the field that he's seen? Sheesh... what a welcoming fanbase. I bet you there were a lot of people left feeling unimpressed by the Cougars.

Anyone who watched this game tonight leaves it saying, "eh... neither team is really all that great." The first 8 minutes of the game were enough for probably 75% of the viewer base to turn their TVs off.

gfy.

I don't need you to tell me what to do. The offense gets stymied by dropping eight, EVERY FCKING TIME. Its an issue at this point, and I no longer believe its the guy under center's problem. That was convenient when it was the easy punching bag Falk, but we now have another highly capable, intelligent, and MOBILE (which everyone called for as the panacea) qb who again, gets stymied by the defense dropping eight.

ISU's D is NOT better than Kal, or UW, or Utah, yet we struggled all night. 14 points were compliments of the D.

Sorry, its an issue if we want to win conference championships and/ or playoff appearances. Hell, NY6 games for that matter.

Yep.

Hahaha... Apparently CougarMatt90 isn't allowed to have an opinion different than that of the homers on the website.

So you people tell him he's not allowed to be a Cougar fan anymore because he's not impressed with the product on the field that he's seen? Sheesh... what a welcoming fanbase. I bet you there were a lot of people left feeling unimpressed by the Cougars.

Anyone who watched this game tonight leaves it saying, "eh... neither team is really all that great." The first 8 minutes of the game were enough for probably 75% of the viewer base to turn their TVs off.
Must not be much of a CFB fan that was probably the best game of the bowl season thus far...or maybe it really flares up your vaginal yeast infection to know that the Cougs are gonna win two more games and finish ranked higher than UW this year.

I mean, I could qualify it, but do I really need to.

Yes, it wins the game we should win, but in games that are highly contested the offense disappears. Its no longer a Falk thing - its Minshew x 3 (or 4) as well.

That means that we have to depend on either a) our D being exceedingly tough and/ or b) the opponent's offense being terrible. We got lucky with Kal, not so much with UW, and a little of both with ISU.

All I am saying is that if the Air Raid gets shut down by throwing one wrinkle at it, either the scheme is flawed or the coaching is flawed. I am pretty confident with believing that we've had solid talent at the qb position the past 4 years.

Name an offense that goes cuts through any good defense with ease, consistently. I’ll wait.

gfy.

Maybe having a DT (or maybe even two of them) that weighs more than 280 would help.

Reactions: metprof
Must not be much of a CFB fan that was probably the best game of the bowl season thus far...or maybe it really flares up your vaginal yeast infection to know that the Cougs are gonna win two more games and finish ranked higher than UW this year.

THAT was the best bowl game? That was hideously ugly.

Please... take of the Crimson goggles. That was a boring game marred by mediocre talent making mediocre plays all around.

The only player I left impressed by was the wideout for ISU... otherwise it was just bad football. Terrible throws into obvious picks. Neither team securing the ball in the run game... tons and tons of missed tackles. I could go on.

Just because a game is decided by 2 points doesn't make it a good game.

Hahaha!!

THAT was the best bowl game? That was hideously ugly.

Please... take of the Crimson goggles. That was a boring game marred by mediocre talent making mediocre plays all around.

The only player I left impressed by was the wideout for ISU... otherwise it was just bad football. Terrible throws into obvious picks. Neither team securing the ball in the run game... tons and tons of missed tackles. I could go on.

Just because a game is decided by 2 points doesn't make it a good game.

“I make fart noises with my armpit.”

-CognitiveDissonance

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT