ADVERTISEMENT

33 points is the most any team has put up on Utah all year.

Cougatron

Hall Of Fame
Oct 17, 2012
Yes I know the offense can be frustrating when it's not firing on all cylinders, but that's something to keep things in perspective.

We scored the most points against them all year.

We also forced 7 turnovers

they average under 2 per game. We forced 7.

So calm down. Drink some beer, enjoy you night. Huskies lost already.

It's Apple Cup season.

A toast to all you cougs and the team.

Yes I know the offense can be frustrating when it's not firing on all cylinders, but that's something to keep things in perspective.

It's Apple Cup season.

Yep

Defense was awesome today. Leach and Falk still refuse to run the ball much or go with up tempo. We should have scored 50 today. Truth be told the offense should be embarrassed with their inability to score TDs today against Utah.

Happy to win, but this game had no business being close at the end !!

Surprised people are bitching about the game today. The play calling and design was lousy inside the 30, but overall, we came to play on both sides of the ball. Utah’s always a tough team at home.

Great win today.

Utah’s offense shit themselves at the site of our defense... hence 6 meaningful TOs. Yet our offense failed to fully capitalize on most. Yes, Utah is a good home team, yes they typically hold opponents to under or around 30... but a deeper look into HOW this particular game played out shows that our offense vastly underperformed. A tough road win is always good and I’m thrilled we won. But with how our D played, this one should have been over at the half. I guess I’m able to be critical of certain aspects of the game and still be happy we won. A few on here seem to think the two things are mutually exclusive.

Reactions: ATACFD
Surprised people are bitching about the game today. The play calling and design was lousy inside the 30, but overall, we came to play on both sides of the ball. Utah’s always a tough team at home.

Great win today.

Well...mostly because of this..."The play calling and design was lousy inside the 30,"....and you are still "surprised"? Hello? Might want to analyze your words first before proclaiming "surprise".

Well...mostly because of this..."The play calling and design was lousy inside the 30,"....and you are still "surprised"? Hello? Might want to analyze your words first before proclaiming "surprise".

Why? I’ve seen the Patriots and the great Tom Brady sputter through many games where they couldn’t punch it in from the red zone. It happens.

We controlled the game yesterday, and if we played Utah again, we’d likely score 50+ on them. That’s why the game isn’t worth complaining about. We’ve got 2 weeks to prepare for UW now. Nothing to complain about.

Why? I’ve seen the Patriots and the great Tom Brady sputter through many games where they couldn’t punch it in from the red zone. It happens.

We controlled the game yesterday, and if we played Utah again, we’d likely score 50+ on them. That’s why the game isn’t worth complaining about. We’ve got 2 weeks to prepare for UW now. Nothing to complain about.

You mentioned the issue as "lousy"....and then you want to back away from complaining about it? That's funny. You complained about it as lousy, not me.

I think you try too hard to be contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian...but maybe there's another explanation.

It's Apple Cup season.

Utah's defense was top 3 or 4 in every major category. Our WRs managed to get past them deep a few times, but Falk missed them. Beyond that, there was little opportunity for YACs.

I think you try too hard to be contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian...but maybe there's another explanation.

I predicted an 8-4 season preseason and we’ve already exceeded that. Falk is the best QB on our roster, and I trust Leach’s judgement with that position especially. We have no dangerous, goto threat at WR. Contrarian? I can’t think back to a single comment I’ve made on here the past two seasons that’s even remotely critical of our team.

I think the other explanation you’re looking for is that you’ve selected a couple of posters on here who you like to attack and provoke just for personal entertainment. It’s a dick move for sure, but you’re probably young, so we’ll leave it at that. I used to do that stuff back in the day as well.

I predicted an 8-4 season preseason and we’ve already exceeded that. Falk is the best QB on our roster, and I trust Leach’s judgement with that position especially. We have no dangerous, goto threat at WR. Contrarian? I can’t think back to a single comment I’ve made on here the past two seasons that’s even remotely critical of our team.

I think the other explanation you’re looking for is that you’ve selected a couple of posters on here who you like to attack and provoke just for personal entertainment. It’s a dick move for sure, but you’re probably young, so we’ll leave it at that. I used to do that stuff back in the day as well.

That's precious. You wrote that with a straight face?

I'm not so young. I was also pointing out that you want it both ways and are very inconsistent on the recent post we are disagreeing about. Reread carefully those posts.

I also think you are a great fan.

And you are certainly consistently a contrarian (which is not a bad thing in itself).

Oh...and I'm thrilled about this season...even if I get frustrated with Falk.

I'm not so young. I was also pointing out that you want it both ways and are very inconsistent on the recent post we are disagreeing about. Reread carefully those posts.

I also think you are a great fan.

And you are certainly consistently a contrarian (which is not a bad thing in itself).

Oh...and I'm thrilled about this season...even if I get frustrated with Falk.
A few people on this board who face great difficulty in holding opposing thoughts within their heads (Loyal stooge comes to mind) also struggle with the concept that one can be frustrated with/critical of Falk and the offense AND still be thrilled with being 9-2.

Reactions: ATACFD
A few people on this board who face great difficulty in holding opposing thoughts within their heads (Loyal stooge comes to mind) also struggle with the concept that one can be frustrated with/critical of Falk and the offense AND still be thrilled with being 9-2.
Loyal stooge? That has me laughing. I must be juvenile at heart. :D

Kind of true though....

Loyal stooge? That has me laughing. I must be juvenile at heart. :D

Kind of true though....

Well, he is in with the brothers Ediot...
three-stooges.jpg

Did you also predict the defense would be a top 10 in the country level defense? Because that’s what we’ve got, and the offense is damn near blowing it (and still might)...inexcusably...with a 5th year sr QB. I’m not sure considering all that why it’s hard for you to comprehend people’s frustration with the Utah game along with several other similar games this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT