ADVERTISEMENT

A toast to 6-0, Bowl Eligible, Falk passing Mariotta, Beating the Ducks 3 years straight

Cougatron

Hall Of Fame
Oct 17, 2012
That's right people.

Our Cougs are Bowl Eligible. Undefeated and 6-0 now in the 2017 season.

Falk now is alone as #2 in the Pac-12 all time in Passing touchdowns with 108 passing Mariotta's 105.

He is only 8 touchdowns away from the All time TD leader Matt Barkley with 116 with 6 regular season (+bowl game).

The mega crown for All purpose TDs is held by Mariotta with 136. Meaning for falk to get that title he would need to rack up 24 more TDs.

He averages about 3 per game. So with 6+1 games remaining that is only 21 TDs...just 3 short.

This is the 3rd straight year WSU has beaten the ducks. Gotta love that.

That's right people.

Falk now is alone as #2 in the Pac-12 all time in Passing touchdowns with 108 passing Mariotta's 105.

He is only 8 touchdowns away from the All time TD leader Matt Barkley with 116 with 6 regular season (+bowl game).

The mega crown for All purpose TDs is held by Mariotta with 136. Meaning for falk to get that title he would need to rack up 24 more TDs.

He averages about 3 per game. So with 6+1 games remaining that is only 21 TDs...just 3 short.

I do love that, but I also think Taggert is on the right track down there. As much as I'd love to see the quackers go back to the wilderness of the '80s, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. This division is going to be tough next year.

I do love that, but I also think Taggert is on the right track down there. As much as I'd love to see the quackers go back to the wilderness of the '80s, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. This division is going to be tough next year.

I agree. Too much money and the Nike name still has street cred.

LOVE going three in a row on the ducks.

Remember when we used to look at the coming year's schedule and try to talk ourselves into how we might scratch out six?

Was I the only one wondering if Uncle Phil was slipping the announcers something under the table?

LOVE going three in a row on the ducks.

Remember when we used to look at the coming year's schedule and try to talk ourselves into how we might scratch out six?

Was I the only one wondering if Uncle Phil was slipping the announcers something under the table?
Announcers frequently go off of reputation as much as anybody else does. Say SC tanks and finishes around .500, and does that again next year, while Hilinksy takes up where Falk left off and keeps winning the North in the meantime. You'll still have the announcers slobbering over SC shiny new golden boy because that's what they've done since the '60s. They do some cursory research on each team for one game then move on to the next one, so the big picture relative to single games will take time to shift.

Announcers frequently go off of reputation as much as anybody else does.

Yeah. Just seemed surreal though after the Ducks tanked last season, and brought in a new coach. Oh, and the other team (us) had twice as many points. Shrug.

That's right people.

But Hamil, but Blume, but Danzy, but ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT