ADVERTISEMENT

After reading Seattle Times article, my case for why Smith probably stays

mikalalas

Hall Of Fame
Feb 26, 2007
After reading a article by Seattle times, and by Cougcenter, I've a gut feeling Smith is about 59% to 69% to stay at WSU.

Here is my case.

1. Washington, Ohio St, West Virginia, DePaul(and now Louisville) are the only jobs that have a HC opening so far.

And none of them are semi blue blood to blue blood bball programs like Duke's, North Carolina, Kentucky's, etc.

And it's probably less likely this season, that a opening that Smith would be interested in would open up.

And Smith is probably not interested in West Virginia, Ohio State, DePaul.

And Washington is not much of a better bball program then WSU, and UW is going to have a HARD time in Big 10 in bball. And LOTS of sources are saying it's Dan Sprinkles job, if he wants it, and that he might probably want it, since his father played at UW.

2. In the Seattle times article, altho contract negotiations has been tabled until after the season, etc, Smith, and others have said that WSU, Schultz, Chun, fans, etc, WANT HIM SMITH HERE AT WSU, and Smith said THAT'S AWESOME(Because he has said how much he loves WSU, Pullman(Which has been confirmed by the rest of his family, and by his friends, and by Chaz the radio announcer, and by his players, etc)

3. He believes in God, is a church going person, etc, so he is probably being honest about what he has said, and is probably not lying, and might probably not leave(For now, at least this season, as long as his pay is not cut down 10% from 1.5 million.

4. According to the Seattle times, WSU has access to $250 million PAC money, from which to give Smith a raise.

5. Smith seems like he is like Randy Bennet, Mark Few that turn down more money to build something special.

6. The Seattle Times said that Smith's Salary + incentives + bonus's of 1.5 million + those things, is right up there with Mark Few(1.7 million and that there is about only about 10 to 13 or so programs that pay about 3,4,5 million, and almost all of them won't have HC vacancies(Only ones would be UW(about 3.3 mil), Ohio St), meaning that as long as WSU, Chun doesn't cut his pay, and gives him a raise to about 1.83 mil to about 2 mil to about 2.25 + incentives, bonuses(That Smith will probably hit), then there probably won't be anyone that offers enough, substantially, a lot more, combined with fit, program situation, etc, that would, could get Smith, etc, considering all the points above, at least this season, coaching carousel cycle.

7. Smith's family loving it in Pullman

8. Smiths home, family, etc, in Pullman.

9. Smith's disabled son.

10. Smith's Wife being from Chelan Area.

11. The combined amalgamation of all the above things combined together, combined with how as long as Schultz, Chun, doesnt FCK everything up by cutting Smith's pay by 10%, then Smith is probably staying.

I'm getting a gut feeling he Smith is staying, at least for another season

There is a chance that Smith might leave, that I could be wrong, and if so, wouldn't shock, surprise me if that happened.

But I think Smith probably will stay for at least 1 more season.

And I don't think we have to be worried that Smith will leave this season, as I don't think he will leave this season, and don't think we need to worry that the sky is supposedly falling, because Smith supposedly, theoretically, technically could leave.

WSU has a semi good, ok chance that either Smith probably stays for now, or gets replaced by either Jim Shaw or hopefully another good coach.

We should enjoy the season, and not be worried about Smith leaving, etc.

Smith is at least semi probably staying for at least another season.

Money is not everything. If your family is happy and content living in the smaller cities that is what matters. Happy wife….. With all the chaos going on in the bigger cities maybe staying put is not a bad idea

Reactions: mikalalas
Money is not everything. If your family is happy and content living in the smaller cities that is what matters. Happy wife….. With all the chaos going on in the bigger cities maybe staying put is not a bad idea
Tell me the last time outside of Few that you can say that about ?

After reading a article by Seattle times, and by Cougcenter, I've a gut feeling Smith is about 59% to 69% to stay at WSU.

Here is my case.

1. Washington, Ohio St, West Virginia, DePaul(and now Louisville) are the only jobs that have a HC opening so far.

And none of them are semi blue blood to blue blood bball programs like Duke's, North Carolina, Kentucky's, etc.

And it's probably less likely this season, that a opening that Smith would be interested in would open up.

And Smith is probably not interested in West Virginia, Ohio State, DePaul.

And Washington is not much of a better bball program then WSU, and UW is going to have a HARD time in Big 10 in bball. And LOTS of sources are saying it's Dan Sprinkles job, if he wants it, and that he might probably want it, since his father played at UW.

2. In the Seattle times article, altho contract negotiations has been tabled until after the season, etc, Smith, and others have said that WSU, Schultz, Chun, fans, etc, WANT HIM SMITH HERE AT WSU, and Smith said THAT'S AWESOME(Because he has said how much he loves WSU, Pullman(Which has been confirmed by the rest of his family, and by his friends, and by Chaz the radio announcer, and by his players, etc)

3. He believes in God, is a church going person, etc, so he is probably being honest about what he has said, and is probably not lying, and might probably not leave(For now, at least this season, as long as his pay is not cut down 10% from 1.5 million.

4. According to the Seattle times, WSU has access to $250 million PAC money, from which to give Smith a raise.

5. Smith seems like he is like Randy Bennet, Mark Few that turn down more money to build something special.

6. The Seattle Times said that Smith's Salary + incentives + bonus's of 1.5 million + those things, is right up there with Mark Few(1.7 million and that there is about only about 10 to 13 or so programs that pay about 3,4,5 million, and almost all of them won't have HC vacancies(Only ones would be UW(about 3.3 mil), Ohio St), meaning that as long as WSU, Chun doesn't cut his pay, and gives him a raise to about 1.83 mil to about 2 mil to about 2.25 + incentives, bonuses(That Smith will probably hit), then there probably won't be anyone that offers enough, substantially, a lot more, combined with fit, program situation, etc, that would, could get Smith, etc, considering all the points above, at least this season, coaching carousel cycle.

7. Smith's family loving it in Pullman

8. Smiths home, family, etc, in Pullman.

9. Smith's disabled son.

10. Smith's Wife being from Chelan Area.

11. The combined amalgamation of all the above things combined together, combined with how as long as Schultz, Chun, doesnt FCK everything up by cutting Smith's pay by 10%, then Smith is probably staying.

I'm getting a gut feeling he Smith is staying, at least for another season

There is a chance that Smith might leave, that I could be wrong, and if so, wouldn't shock, surprise me if that happened.

But I think Smith probably will stay for at least 1 more season.

And I don't think we have to be worried that Smith will leave this season, as I don't think he will leave this season, and don't think we need to worry that the sky is supposedly falling, because Smith supposedly, theoretically, technically could leave.

WSU has a semi good, ok chance that either Smith probably stays for now, or gets replaced by either Jim Shaw or hopefully another good coach.

We should enjoy the season, and not be worried about Smith leaving, etc.

Smith is at least semi probably staying for at least another season.
Mik, I'm not trolling or nitpicking you. You posted this exact post, word for word, in the previous thread. It got 23 replies. Not enough I guess.

Nitpicking is not pointing out (per the link below) that 42 coaches make $3 million or more. Not 10-13.

Nitpicking is not asking for you to link or otherwise come up with this mystery Seattle Times article that I can't find after scouring their site and the web in general. Can some poster find this for us please? I would love to confirm this $250 million that we have.

Nitpicking is not faking incredulousness that Smith and family live in Pullman. Where the hell else would they live? That's just stupid.

The wife thing has been discussed elsewhere in detail.

Back to the game.

Mik, I'm not trolling or nitpicking you. You posted this exact post, word for word, in the previous thread. It got 23 replies. Not enough I guess.

Nitpicking is not pointing out (per the link below) that 42 coaches make $3 million or more. Not 10-13.

Nitpicking is not asking for you to link or otherwise come up with this mystery Seattle Times article that I can't find after scouring their site and the web in general. Can some poster find this for us please? I would love to confirm this $250 million that we have.

Nitpicking is not faking incredulousness that Smith and family live in Pullman. Where the hell else would they live? That's just stupid.

The wife thing has been discussed elsewhere in detail.

Back to the game.

There are coaches and their families that either do live away from the college they work at, that their actual home is some other place semi far, further away, that their wife and family live semi far, further away, etc.

Tony Bennet was PROBABLY one of these coaches, as his wife HATED Pullman.

I already explained to you in the post above about why I didn't post the article, and why I told everybody about the article, and why your a NIT PICKING TROLL.

YOU DO FCKING NITPICK, TROLL TO NITPICK, BAIT, ETC.

There are coaches and their families that either do live away from the college they work at, that their actual home is some other place semi far, further away, that their wife and family live semi far, further away, etc.

Tony Bennet was PROBABLY one of these coaches, as his wife HATED Pullman.

I already explained to you in the post above about why I didn't post the article, and why I told everybody about the article, and why your a NIT PICKING TROLL.

Semi correction, I did explain to you in the other thread where I posted about this article

Semi correction is for in case you were to NITPICK TROLL AGAIN, and say I didn't explain, etc.

Tony Bennet was PROBABLY one of these coaches,
as his wife HATED Pullman.

Name one major college coach in any sport who does not live in or very near the city that their University is located in.

And correct me if I am wrong, but are you saying that Tony Bennett and his family did not live in Pullman during the 6 years that he coached here?

Name one major college coach in any sport who does not live in or very near the city that their University is located in.

And correct me if I am wrong, but are you saying that Tony Bennett and his family did not live in Pullman during the 6 years that he coached here?

He, Tony Bennet did, EVENTUALLY, AFTER a SEMI LONG TIME move to Pullman, with his wife, family, got a house in Pullman, after a SEMI LONG TIME, EVENTUALLY, but for a semi long time, while, etc, Tony's family either didn't have a house, home in Pullman, or his wife, family, altho MIGHT have TECHNICALLY had a house, home, practically had a semi very long distance COMMUTE to Pullman for her, and the family, because of how much she HATED Pullman.

And altho I don't know of any other specific names, and not going to search for them, because how long it would probably take to find a example, these situations do happen, and have seen situations where College, professional, NBA, NFL, etc, coaches, etc, either live away from where their job is, or their home, house was, is away from where their job is, was, or their wife, family was away from where their spouses job, was, etc.

Is it COMMON? NO. Does it happen? Yes.

He, Tony Bennet did, EVENTUALLY, AFTER a SEMI LONG TIME move to Pullman, with his wife, family, got a house in Pullman, after a SEMI LONG TIME, EVENTUALLY, but for a semi long time, while, etc, Tony's family either didn't have a house, home in Pullman, or his wife, family, altho MIGHT have TECHNICALLY had a house, home, practically had a semi very long distance COMMUTE to Pullman for her, and the family, because of how much she HATED Pullman.

And altho I don't know of any other specific names, and not going to search for them, because how long it would probably take to find a example, these situations do happen, and have seen situations where College, professional, NBA, NFL, etc, coaches, etc, either live away from where their job is, or their home, house was, is away from where their job is, was, or their wife, family was away from where their spouses job, was, etc.

Is it COMMON? NO. Does it happen? Yes.

So because of that, having your partner, home, house, family where your cosching job is, can be, when, if combined with other factors, be a reason, sign that they like a job, place, etc, and can maybe be a sign, reason that they maybe don't want to goto another coaching job.

Altho such situations are uncommon, rare, they do happen.

So because of that, having your partner, home, house, family where your cosching job is, can be, when, if combined with other factors, be a reason, sign that they like a job, place, etc, and can maybe be a sign, reason that they maybe don't want to goto another coaching job.

Altho such situations are uncommon, rare, they do happen.
Interesting 2007 article, 2 years before he left. To wit:

"Tony Bennett and his wife, Laurel, built a new house in Pullman,
and have said they consider it a good place to raise their
children, Anna, 5, and Eli, 4."

""I knew I wanted to be back," Bennett said, adding that his
family is comfortable in Pullman, a town of 25,000 people 75 miles
south of Spokane."

Maybe wifey didn't want Tony boinking all the co-eds......

"Young women showed up at games with signs reading "We love you
Coach Dreamy," a reference from TV's "Grey's Anatomy," and
"Bringing Sexy Back to Basketball," a reference to Bennett's
looks."

Interesting 2007 article, 2 years before he left. To wit:

"Tony Bennett and his wife, Laurel, built a new house in Pullman,
and have said they consider it a good place to raise their
children, Anna, 5, and Eli, 4."

""I knew I wanted to be back," Bennett said, adding that his
family is comfortable in Pullman, a town of 25,000 people 75 miles
south of Spokane."

Maybe wifey didn't want Tony boinking all the co-eds......

"Young women showed up at games with signs reading "We love you
Coach Dreamy," a reference from TV's "Grey's Anatomy," and
"Bringing Sexy Back to Basketball," a reference to Bennett's
looks."

That means, meant that for FOUR YEARS while his father Dick Bennet was at WSU, Tony did NOT have his wife, family, a new house together, in Pullman, etc.

Also doubt that Tony was a honest, church attending, etc, and was probably being a hypocrite.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT