ADVERTISEMENT

After watching Big-10 pummel Pac-12....

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
Reactions: longtimecoug
...offenses multiple times this last week, Why would Ohio State want Grinch? His great Speed D stats don't look so good when compared to how the Big-10 defenses looked. OSU's in particular. Link below says nothing is finalized. And frankly, I no longer care of Grinch stays or goes. His bubble has burst in my mind.

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state/ohio-state-alex-grinch-cotton-bowl-2017-reports-rumors

Was really wondering the same thing. I guess tOSU will at least match his current salary. That is a lot of money for a 10th assistant. You could see that move causing dissention among the current staff that they have. Saw zero of Grinch could do for them after watching the way they pummelled USC last night.

Was really wondering the same thing. I guess tOSU will at least match his current salary. That is a lot of money for a 10th assistant. You could see that move causing dissention among the current staff that they have. Saw zero of Grinch could do for them after watching the way they pummelled USC last night.

It goes to show you just how much money OSU has. If they can pay the 10th assistant as much as a well paid coordinator, the program is very rich.

Give Grinch the recruits OSU gets and he very well might do something for them. Their defensive commit list this year is ridiculous—3 4-star DTs? Every single d player is 4-star or better except one:
https://ohiostate.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

Give grinch the kind of recruits to work with here and imagine what he could do?

Give Grinch the recruits OSU gets and he very well might do something for them. Their defensive commit list this year is ridiculous—3 4-star DTs? Every single d player is 4-star or better except one:

Give grinch the kind of recruits to work with here and imagine what he could do?

Same for the offense. This goes for every team. Give SW East Idaho Community State Fish & Wildlife Junior College four and five star recruits, and the X's and O's will suddenly look outstanding.

It’s a good place to be when you can bring a guy like Grinch in to be the next DC IF your current DC wants to further pursue another HC career.l which looks likely.

I think Gribch is a really good coach and we’d be fortunate to keep him, but don’t necessarily believe he’s the next coming of Dick Lebeau.

Same for the offense. This goes for every team. Give SW East Idaho Community State Fish & Wildlife Junior College four and five star recruits, and the X's and O's will suddenly look outstanding.
Sure, but my point was that Grinch did pretty well to put us into the upper third of all defenses with the personnel he had, so it stands to reason with the recruits he’ll be working with he may really shine.

Don't doubt those players will make Grinch look better, the point is how much better he will make tOSU look. My bet is not much if any.

You have to understand the mentality of high quality/character guys. They don’t quit because things aren’t going their way.
You are right it certainly seemed like Penn State took their foot off the gas.

UW fought hard and turnovers kept them in the game. Can’t blame them for that. Still, it was another display of a clearly superior Big10 team handling a P12 opponent.

UW fought hard and turnovers kept them in the game. Can’t blame them for that. Still, it was another display of a clearly superior Big10 team handling a P12 opponent.

Vita Vea was pretty much handled by one Penn State O-lineman all game. Rarely did they have to double team him. This speaks volumes to the physical superiority of that conference.

You have to understand the mentality of high quality/character guys. They don’t quit because things aren’t going their way.

That's great. Maybe you can put that in the Petersen bowl trophy case . That Heart of Texas trophy has to be getting pretty lonely right now.

For such an "elite" program outside of the AC what exactly is the Petersen signature elite win at this point ? Cactus Bowl -L, Peach Bowl-L, Fiesta Bowl-L, USC ( home game) -L

That's great. Maybe you can put that in the Petersen bowl trophy case . That Heart of Texas trophy has to be getting pretty lonely right now.

For such an "elite" program outside of the AC what exactly is the Petersen signature elite win at this point ? Cactus Bowl -L, Peach Bowl-L, Fiesta Bowl-L, USC ( home game) -L
You’re so silly. He brought the Fiesta bowl trophy with him from BSU! That’s what OKGs do!

Reactions: PINGDUDE4

Heart of Dallas.

We won the PAC 12 championship last year, you know. It was in the papers.

We won the PAC 12 championship last year, you know. It was in the papers.

In a year that you got smoked in your only games against Top 15 teams : USC and Alabama

That wuss non-conference schedule may inflate your record but it doesn't hide what the Petersen program really is :a Top 20ish type team that is far from elite.

I read Penn State gained more yards yesterday than they have gained in any bowl game in their history, it was in the papers. Given they have played in 48 bowl games that is pretty amazing. Just think if Barkley had played a normal amount of reps.

Reactions: Coug1990
The mutts got exposed. The Penn State team was well coached. Their offensive line is well coached, did their jobs and kicked the mutts butts

Last edited:
In a year that you got smoked in your only games against Top 15 teams : USC and Alabama

That wuss non-conference schedule may inflate your record but it doesn't hide what the Petersen program really is :a Top 20ish type team that is far from elite.

I read Penn State gained more yards yesterday than they have gained in any bowl game in their history, it was in the papers. Given they have played in 48 bowl games that is pretty amazing. Just think if Barkley had played a normal amount of reps.

“Elite” was your word. I simply said that it takes character not to quit when you’re playing a game like that one. Who exactly is arguing Penn State wasn’t the better team?

Last edited:
Pretty sure ping is not WSU fan but is consistently trolling UW on this board. It's weird.

Proud of what the dawgs did in a year when things didn't break their way from injury/personnel perspective. Decimated wide receiver corps, lost starting left tackle, lost both starting corners, and Azeem basically gone. Had chance to win or tie all three games they lost at the end. Proud of how they didn't give up yesterday in a game where they were statistically pummeled. I hope they are getting praise heaped upon them for that and then getting to work on the things they need to do better. I have a feeling we'll be in the hunt again for a conference championship next year.

Pretty sure ping is not WSU fan but is consistently trolling UW on this board. It's weird.

Proud of what the dawgs did in a year when things didn't break their way from injury/personnel perspective. Decimated wide receiver corps, lost starting left tackle, lost both starting corners, and Azeem basically gone. Had chance to win or tie all three games they lost at the end. Proud of how they didn't give up yesterday in a game where they were statistically pummeled. I hope they are getting praise heaped upon them for that and then getting to work on the things they need to do better. I have a feeling we'll be in the hunt again for a conference championship next year.

A troll criticizing a troll? Well, OK, then ...

There's no denying the 2016 mutt team's foundation consisted of wins over patsies. The UW's only win over a ranked team in 2017 was in the Apple Cup. But credit to Peterson for taking Sark's recruits to another level.

A troll criticizing a troll? Well, OK, then ...

And now a troll questioning a troll criticizing a troll. Would that be considered meta?

At least being a UW fan on here the topic makes sense. Third party trolling is so gauche.

And now a troll questioning a troll criticizing a troll. Would that be considered meta?

At least being a UW fan on here the topic makes sense. Third party trolling is so gauche.

So you've been pinged. It's so unseemly when you get butt hurt over it.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
There's no denying the 2016 mutt team's foundation consisted of wins over patsies. The UW's only win over a ranked team in 2017 was in the Apple Cup. But credit to Peterson for taking Sark's recruits to another level.
Stanford was a patsy? I guess they were after we were done with them. But that’s called hindsight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT