ADVERTISEMENT

And now Wilner weighs in on Gameday

WillieThePimp

Team Captain
Aug 14, 2021
Don’t remember this but Gameday teed off on the mutts non conference schedule a few years back.

1. Did they ever call out SEC schools lightweight non-conference schedules?
2. Herbstreit is a repeat offender d-bag.
3. I will go to my grave knowing damn well Dickert did not misquote that senile old fart bag Corso. Don’t know why Wilner repeats the same misquote of Corso.

Didn’t they eat cupcakes on the show to commemorate UWs schedule…or something of that nature? Now THAT’s funny. Poking fun at a teams schedule.

I think Corso said no one watches the first time, then corrected himself because he knew he ph ucked up.

If anyone is caught up with the actual word said, "watching" vs "wants" us, is missing the point. Regardless of the word used, the issue is Corso was mocking our plight, which to many overly sensitive Cougs was hurtful.

I say toughen up butter cups, and grow a pair. It ain't a popular view, but we need to stop "clutching at are pearls" it was just bad comedy. Don't get me wrong, I want revenge, but I'm not going to whinge like a six year girl over it.

If anyone is caught up with the actual word said, "watching" vs "wants" us, is missing the point. Regardless of the word used, the issue is Corso was mocking our plight, which to many overly sensitive Cougs was hurtful.

I say toughen up butter cups, and grow a pair. It ain't a popular view, but we need to stop "clutching at are pearls" it was just bad comedy. Don't get me wrong, I want revenge, but I'm not going to whinge like a six year girl over it.

I think it's appropriate to say, "WTF?" loudly when someone like McAfee barfs out what he did. And I think it's appropriate for the people that handle the Ol' Crimson waving to ask themselves if they should consider switching our support to FOX. Any time that you are in an abusive relationship of any kind, you should look for an exit if the abuse goes past being a one time thing.

That said, FOX Sports is worse than ESPN so we shouldn't be switching to them and we shouldn't be acting like a bunch of whiny b!tches a week later. It's okay to be the grown up in the room and let things go.

And when it comes down to it, even though McAfee's apology was half-assed and uninformed, at least he put one out there. It's time for all of us to move along.

I say toughen up butter cups, and grow a pair. It ain't a popular view, but we need to stop "clutching at are pearls" it was just bad comedy. Don't get me wrong, I want revenge, but I'm not going to whinge like a six year girl over it.L
Well this 6 year old girl was no English major but understands it well enough to know that the way the senile old fart said it at least the first time (“no one watches”) has a significantly different meaning and connotation than “no one wants us”. As does that other 6 year old girl Herbstreit - otherwise he wouldn’t have squawked the same way he does when Johnny Wadd gets behind him.

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
Well this 6 year old girl was no English major but understands it well enough to know that the way the senile old fart said it at least the first time (“no one watches”) has a significantly different meaning and connotation than “no one wants us”. As does that other 6 year old girl Herbstreit - otherwise he wouldn’t have squawked the same way he does when Johnny Wadd gets behind him.
I'm so sorry you feel so triggered. There just aren't enough emotional "safe places" out there, these days. I'm old school, and just see it as a joke made in bad taste, by a old man struggling with the after effects of a stroke. I guess I should be more sensitive -- words are violence, so I'm told. I'll try to do better to respect your right to be outraged by words you find hurtful.

I'm so sorry you feel so triggered. There just aren't enough emotional "safe places" out there, these days. I'm old school, and just see it as a joke made in bad taste, by a old man struggling with the after effects of a stroke. I guess I should be more sensitive -- words are violence, so I'm told. I'll try to do better to respect your right to be outraged by words you find hurtful.
I think WSU has come out ahead on this. It's time to take the W and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT