ADVERTISEMENT

Another angle on expansion and media value

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2022
So elsewhere a conversation is being had about relative media values. Here's what one person threw out:

WSU - $13
OSU - $13
BSU - $10
SDSU - $8
Fresno - $5
Col St - $4
USU - $4
Average - $8.1 million.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the numbers, throw in your own. But I think the declining order is pretty reasonable. So the question is what $ does the next member(s) bring in, and what does that do to the average?

Related, the TV viewership numbers through week 5 are interesting. Link below.

Week 5 - WSU did pretty well IMHO seeing as how we were up against Oregon/UCLA on Fox and Arizona/Utah on ESPN. Scroll down a (long) ways to see viewership on certain teams named Tulane and Memphis. Yes being on ESPNU (I don't get it) didn't help at all, but then it begs the question of why are they relegated to ESPNU?

Had to go back to Week 2 to even find UTSA/Texas State. Again on ESPNU, and a whopping 24K viewership. At least they outdrew the 20K for Troy/Memphis. Tulane did well in Week 2 against Kansas State on ESPN, but WSU slapped them around with the TT viewership. I did find Sac St./SJSU in Week 1 at 69K, beating out James Madison who had 37K on ESPNU.

Anyway, draw your own conclusions. Pretty interesting stuff if you ask me, especially if you start looking at the competing games and various networks. Just information. Which is never a bad thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT