ADVERTISEMENT

Another grad transfer QB on the market

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
Shane Buechele of Texas. Started 19 games for Longhorns in 2016-17 before losing starting job to Sam Ehlinger.

Story: https://sports.yahoo.com/texas-shane-buechele-vaults-top-list-qb-grad-transfers-034540021.html

DxFZaR_XcAAKo_r.jpg

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
Hate to say this as a Longhorn who really did not want Buechele to leave the program at this point , but if he has to to go to somewhere else pursue his dreams I really hope that he ends up at WSU.

He is a perfect fit for the Air Raid/ Leach offense with a great arm and accuracy and no doubt in my mind he would light it up at WSU. Only caveat he does not have the charisma of Minshew, but face it no one does .

Here's hoping he somehow lands in the Palouse.

Last edited:
He actually would be the best fit from all the grad transfers we’ve heard about so far because he has some Air Raid variant experience.

He was recruited and trained under Sterlin Gilbert who comes from the Art Briles part of the Air Raid.

So he would be a great fit for us, but I suspect that FSU with Kendall Briles as OC

Or Houston with Holgerson would be the top choices.

I am sure we are definitely in consideration, but he’s been in Texas his whole life so I am unsure if he would travel all the way to Pullman.

Minshew was sort of a journeyman so that part didn’t bother him one bit, but for others playing close to home is probably attractive.

SMU / North Texas (other Air Raid schools not in the Big XII) are probably high on his list.

A wildcard could be North Carolina to play for Mack Brown as both have Texas backgrounds.

He could head to McNeese State to start for them and reunited with Gilbert who originally believed in him, but that’s a big drop from Blue Blood to FCS.

So the school possibilities for him are more than likely.

WSU
FSU
Houston
North Texas
SMU
McNeese State
Syracuse (Babers is also from the Briles tree)
Maybe North Carolina or USF (Former Texas coaches Brown / Strong)

I hope all of these kids find the right fit and opportunity. You can coach for 50 years. Youre playing career has a much shorter timeline and deadline. No kid should be limited in their pursuit of an education and playing opportunity. Get in where you fit in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT