ADVERTISEMENT

Another note on JDL...

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Did anyone notice that he had to run to the side and get the verbal calls from the coach?

How much does that slow our tempo down?

Sounds like a nice package of Leaf's maturity, Rosenbach's work ethic, Brink's arm strength and Swogger's accuracy

Did anyone notice that he had to run to the side and get the verbal calls from the coach?

How much does that slow our tempo down?
Yes. He doesn't know the signals. It will bite us in close games.

two things:

Isn't 18 months enough time to learn the signals?

One gets to run the offense without knowing the play call signals? Why is that ever a thing?
It should be, but he didn't have a Fall camp last season and missed Spring ball this season.

Granted, a lot of the issues he's dealt with are self inflicted (DUI), but he's had a Hell of year since transitioning over from Hawaii.

two things:

Isn't 18 months enough time to learn the signals?

One gets to run the offense without knowing the play call signals? Why is that ever a thing?

I'm not sure what the problem is. You get a wristband. You look at the right person. You see the signal. You read the call off the wristband.

Reactions: Coug90
I'm not sure what the problem is. You get a wristband. You look at the right person. You see the signal. You read the call off the wristband.
OR, you can just hand the ball off after receiving and internalizing the signal just given. He'd have 20 plays to think about it.

Scary part is if he can’t get this down, how the hell is he supposed to audible out when the defense has an obvious vulnerability. This is where you can make the most of Borghi in a light box. Sad times we don’t have a QB capable of more.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
Once conference play starts I doubt any of those games might be close.
Even in the darkest of days there was an AC that was close, a game where WSU never lead in regulation that resulted in a win (OOC), and a road game against OSU where OSU decided to mail it in.

If he runs an average 20 yards to the sideline for 30 plays that's 1200 extra yards he's run during the game.

Even in the darkest of days there was an AC that was close, a game where WSU never lead in regulation that resulted in a win (OOC), and a road game against OSU where OSU decided to mail it in.
I hope you're right gibbs.
I would hate to join the ewe in the 0-fer club...

I hope you're right gibbs.
I would hate to join the ewe in the 0-fer club...
I remember SWEATING that Montana St game in 2010, because I was certain we would end up with an 0fer that year without that one. I feel eerily similar about this PSU game.

I remember SWEATING that Montana St game in 2010, because I was certain we would end up with an 0fer that year without that one. I feel eerily similar about this PSU game.
Not sure why, as I’m typically very pessimistic, but I see the team improving as the season rolls on.

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
Can't get much worse, so yes they will improve.

Also, will the improvement be enough to win? Are other teams improving too? Are they getting worse? The season will be interesting for sure.

Can't get much worse, so yes they will improve.

Also, will the improvement be enough to win? Are other teams improving too? Are they getting worse? The season will be interesting for sure.
I'll be in the house saturday, depending on what I see I may or may not return again this season

Reactions: SDCoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT