ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody have video of the '95 MT game?

fingerdisco

Hall Of Fame
Apr 29, 2015
Trying to find a clip of the game where Phillip Glover annihilates the the return man on a kickoff and knocks him cold--most violent hit I've ever seen, hands down.

i remember seeing him come to the sideline after and his helmet decal looked like it was burned off. there was this big black streak on his helmet.
If I remember correctly, he also had a big gash under his chin from the tackle. Glover was a beast, wish he hadn't transferred out.

Trying to find a clip of the game where Phillip Glover annihilates the the return man on a kickoff and knocks him cold--most violent hit I've ever seen, hands down.

It is a distant second to the violent hit our country took when we elected that POS as POTUS. So there.

Reactions: YakiCoug
It was 1995, was that game even televised?
I know there's video of it, although it may have just been from a newscast. Haven't seen it in years though.

It was actually Montana, and I think it was 1995. As I recall, the hit broke the return man's jaw.

If I remember correctly, he also had a big gash under his chin from the tackle. Glover was a beast, wish he hadn't transferred out.
no doubt. he sat a few rows in front of me in one of my classes freshman year. i didn't know who he was at that point, but i remember one time early in the year he was wearing a tank top and leaned way back and stretched his arms out wide. forearm bicep pec pec bicep forearm it was like looking at a goddamn mountain range. i never saw anything like it up close.

no doubt. he sat a few rows in front of me in one of my classes freshman year. i didn't know who he was at that point, but i remember one time early in the year he was wearing a tank top and leaned way back and stretched his arms out wide. forearm bicep pec pec bicep forearm it was like looking at a goddamn mountain range. i never saw anything like it up close.
In digging around looking for video of that game, found out he was drafted in the 7th round. Definitely would have been a contributor if he'd stayed. Guy was fast and strong.

It is a distant second to the violent hit our country took when we elected that POS as POTUS. So there.

Lets keep the politics off this board.

Enjoy life.

(By the way, I'd wager that he has had no negative material effect on your life.)

Last edited:
#1 hit I've ever seen, and I've only seen it live.

I'm sure someone in the AD has the tape, but outside of that I haven't been able to track it down.

I'm sure someone in the AD has the tape, but outside of that I haven't been able to track it down.
I doubt they'd keep video so long, but KXLY in Spokane had highlight tape of that game. It's a long shot, but who knows...

It was so violent that the refs took pity on the guy and robbed PG of the touchdown after the guy fumbled on the hit and PG recovered the ball in the endzone. The kid was lucky he didn't leave in an ambulance--even though those types of hits are crowd pleasers, the current halo rule protecting returners is still deficient, IMO.

I'd rather be waterboarded than to take a hit like that. I was at that game. I can still hear and see that hit. I thought the kid was dead.

In that era, all the games used to be taped for replays on Prime Sports NW with Bud doing the calls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT