ADVERTISEMENT

APR scores released

Agree with Flat. Success in the classroom will benefit these young men long after they have hung up the cleats.

Welcome news albeit not entirely unexpected. CML has been doing an excellent job with academics since he arrived in Pullman. My season ticket seat is just behind some of the Pelluers and they are quite pleased with Peyton's achievements in this area. I am sure that they are not the only parents/relatives to feel this way. As it related to football directly, a solid emphasis on academics is a considerable aid in recruiting. Well done, guys and hats off to CML and staff.

That also can't hurt recruiting efforts. Many parents are very interested in making sure their son doesn't fail in the classroom. A track record of academic achievement for the program is a nice thing to have. CML deserves a lot of credit for that.

Glad Cougar

Good news. This was also what I liked very much about Tony B.

His guys dominated the all-conference academic teams and dominated most league teams on the court. A great combination. The way it should be.

Another good recruiting point, along with safe environment, clean air, immediately available outdoors, and the list goes on. The most important thing in any sales effort is differentiating yourself. This is an excellent step in that direction.

Question for someone who knows...does APR include only scholarship athletes?

Another good recruiting point, along with safe environment, clean air, immediately available outdoors, and the list goes on. The most important thing in any sales effort is differentiating yourself. This is an excellent step in that direction.

Question for someone who knows...does APR include only scholarship athletes?

I don't believe that walk-ons are included in APR scores.

Headline in Spokesman Review said "WSU avoids APR penalties".

Don't forget today's (online at least) front page announcement that Gonzaga "wins" the national APR title with their 998 rating. I'd be curious to see: A) how does Gonzaga's overall student GPA look compared to everyone else, and B) how well their athletes would fare if they were students at a Tier I national research university. Oh and had a football team.

I noticed that too, along with the recent crappy (as is always the case) Shawn Vestal piece about Mike Leach and Mike Baumgartner going to Thailand.

Right now I only subscribe to the S/R because my kids still read the comics and I value the business and Northside sections. The rest of it isn't fit for buttwipe...

Was their a particular APR that they had to hit so their wouldn't be penalties, IE for sins of yesteryear? It is an odd headline given the fact Mike Leach takes academics serious.(I remember when Price would say "we are graduating all of of seniors" and next thing you know we failed to meet NCAA standards-Mike didn't take in account the attrition from the class) . I thought one of the funniest things I had ever seen regarding a coach is when one of his players was falling short academically Leach put a desk at the 50 yard line during practice and the player dressed in his gear had to sit at the table during practice and study.

Was their a particular APR that they had to hit so their wouldn't be penalties, IE for sins of yesteryear? It is an odd headline given the fact Mike Leach takes academics serious.(I remember when Price would say "we are graduating all of of seniors" and next thing you know we failed to meet NCAA standards-Mike didn't take in account the attrition from the class) . I thought one of the funniest things I had ever seen regarding a coach is when one of his players was falling short academically Leach put a desk at the 50 yard line during practice and the player dressed in his gear had to sit at the table during practice and study.
I don't believe any sport has had an issue for years. Kent inherited an apr issue from Bone but hoops was out of the woods a couple years into his tenure. Football hasn't had an apr issue during the Leach years.

ADVERTISEMENT