ADVERTISEMENT

Arch Manning trading card

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
This so F-ing nuts. who would pay $100,000 for any trading card, let alone some kid who has yet to throw a CFB pass. Who the F has that much money to throw around? Color me bitter, but I worked for many years, have a decent retirement, and am happy with that. These rich people just slay me. Takes me back to 1982, when Ronald Raygun slashed the highest tax rate from 70% (granted, a little steep) to 28%. And here we are today. Homeless everywhere, my current city is cutting firefighters and police. Mass shootings pretty much everyday.

This so F-ing nuts. who would pay $100,000 for any trading card, let alone some kid who has yet to throw a CFB pass. Who the F has that much money to throw around? Color me bitter, but I worked for many years, have a decent retirement, and am happy with that. These rich people just slay me. Takes me back to 1982, when Ronald Raygun slashed the highest tax rate from 70% (granted, a little steep) to 28%. And here we are today. Homeless everywhere, my current city is cutting firefighters and police. Mass shootings pretty much everyday.

Voo Doo economics . Not tricking down ? That was the biggest transformation of wealth this country has ever seen. Maybe that is the time frame of the plus 50% tax rate people want to go back to when they speak of make American great again

It was for charity. People get a little nutty. Plus, it’s a tax write off. I’ve been to functions where people bid $500 for a cake.

Voo Doo economics . Not tricking down ? That was the biggest transformation of wealth this country has ever seen. Maybe that is the time frame of the plus 50% tax rate people want to go back to when they speak of make American great again
Michael Milken and the baby boomer generation had more to do with wealth generation than any marginal tax breaks. But I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Also, your hero Barack Obama presided over the period when the gap between the rich and poor grew, not shrank. Of course, the Feds free moneypolicy since the Global Financial Crisis years were every bit the "trickle down" economics you decry. You benefitted greatly from that too Ed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT