ADVERTISEMENT

Are present day receivers just physically weak?

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
And I'm not just talking about our guys. The ASU guys aren't going up and fighting for the ball either.

I mean, are we that far removed from the Hills, Bumpus's and Darlings that kids just don't know how to do it anymore?

Vince is a huge physical presence, but unless the ball is thrown within arm's length he isn't going to get it. (and sometimes not even then...)

It's just mind-boggling.

edit - and then Mayle makes a liar out of me... smh.

edit x2 - and Meyers makes me a double liar. about to delete this thread. Were they reading it on the sideline?

This post was edited on 11/22 11:31 AM by BleedCrimsonandGray

This post was edited on 11/22 11:47 AM by BleedCrimsonandGray

Funny post. I was ready to respond until I scrolled down to see your edits! I actually think Meyers is one of the stronger receivers in the conference, both in catching the ball and then doing something after the catch.

Glad Cougar

Originally posted by BleedCrimsonandGray:
And I'm not just talking about our guys. The ASU guys aren't going up and fighting for the ball either.

I mean, are we that far removed from the Hills, Bumpus's and Darlings that kids just don't know how to do it anymore?

Vince is a huge physical presence, but unless the ball is thrown within arm's length he isn't going to get it. (and sometimes not even then...)

It's just mind-boggling.

edit - and then Mayle makes a liar out of me... smh.

edit x2 - and Meyers makes me a double liar. about to delete this thread. Were they reading it on the sideline?

This post was edited on 11/22 11:31 AM by BleedCrimsonandGray

This post was edited on 11/22 11:47 AM by BleedCrimsonandGray
I don't think that WR's are weaker; the bigger, tall ones are able to put up monster numbers (are they really monster numbers, though?). Bigger receivers have been given the freedom to push off with impunity; it's really not hard to pass in both the college or the pro game. Football has become a joke; I love how QB's in the NFL will start playing until they are 45.

Originally posted by lakercat:
I don't think that WR's are weaker; the bigger, tall ones are able to put up monster numbers (are they really monster numbers, though?). Bigger receivers have been given the freedom to push off with impunity; it's really not hard to pass in both the college or the pro game. Football has become a joke; I love how QB's in the NFL will start playing until they are 45.
Amen! The call OPI as often as they call helping the runner. It's like that lame circle under the hoop in NBA. Calvin Ball seems to be the rules for the offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT