ADVERTISEMENT

Are the snow forecasts legit?

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
Looks like the snow could go either way. Friday's forecast sounds almost balmy, with a high of 50 degrees. On Saturday, they're predicting that the temps are dramatically dip down to a high of 29. It's the precipitation that the various weather sites disagree about. Some forecast snow, but others (such as weather underground) are saying it's just going to be cold and dry.

I usually look at NOAA, the National Weather Service's site. I figure their info is what most of the others base their forecasts off of...

NOAA says 30% chance of snow during the day on Saturday and 20 % chance on Saturday night. High near 34 and low around 20.

Of course ALL the forecasts get more accurate, the closer it gets to the actual date.

There used to be an advertisement on TV for some actual old time radio and TV bloopers. One of my favorites was an Alaskan radio station host who said "let's take a leak out the window and see if it's freezing". He meant that he was going to take a look out the window, at the thermometer set up outside the radio station's studio window. Guess a blooper isn't that great if you have to explain it? LOL

The other blooper that I thought was good was the one where a TV football announcer got a little too much into his call, describing a breakaway run, "he's on the 40, he's on the 30, he's on the 20, would you look at that son of a b$#@% GO!!!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT