ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona ranks 10th in total defense ...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
and gives up nearly 250 yards per game passing, which doesn't seem like a lot, but it allowed Tyler Hilinski to throw for 509 yards a year ago. But it also allows nearly 170 yards a game rushing this year. Will Minshew even need to throw the ball as much as he's done so far per game? With Claeys calling the shots, how will the defense defend Arizona's quick-strike offense? I'm liking Taylor's and Silvels' skill set in containing Tate, especially if Tate comes up gimpy in the cold.

and gives up nearly 250 yards per game passing, which doesn't seem like a lot, but it allowed Tyler Hilinski to throw for 509 yards a year ago. But it also allows nearly 170 yards a game rushing this year. Will Minshew even need to throw the ball as much as he's done so far per game? With Claeys calling the shots, how will the defense defend Arizona's quick-strike offense? I'm liking Taylor's and Silvels' skill set in containing Tate, especially if Tate comes up gimpy in the cold.
A few things that I see is that Arizona is 4-2 at home and 1-3 on the road. However, the thing that worries me is that they are coming off a bye week and have extra time to prepare.

10th in defense? Well that will drop (or go up I guess I mean) significantly after Saturday. Those guys are going to be whimpering and shivering.

420 total yards a game is 10th nationally? That seems like a lot. What are the Cougs?

10th in defense? Well that will drop (or go up I guess I mean) significantly after Saturday. Those guys are going to be whimpering and shivering.

420 total yards a game is 10th nationally? That seems like a lot. What are the Cougs?

Cougs are #20 at 324 allowed per game.

Arizona is somewhere around #84 at 420 or so yards allowed per game.

Cougs allow 22 pts a game, #34. Arizona 28, #74.

Not sure what Yaki is looking at. Maybe he's saying 10th in the conference?

Last edited:
Cougs are #20 at 324 allowed per game.

Arizona is somewhere around #68 at 420 or so yards allowed per game.

Cougs allow 22 pts a game, #34. Arizona 28, #74.

Not sure what Yaki is looking at.
I think he meant 10th in the pac 12.

I think he meant 10th in the pac 12.
That is the way I took it. Yaki was writing about conference statistics, not overall NCAA statistics. FYI, Arizona is 84th with 420 yards per game and WSU is 19th with 323 yards per game.

I can think of recent games when Arizona schools have come to Pullman in November. All of them that I recall were lopsided scores in our favor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT