ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas looks to have pooped the bed.

It's all Jerry Jones's fault. He's got enough bad karma coming back around to sink Cowboys and his former Razorbacks

Campbell's clearly smart enough to know he can choose his next stop carefully after the cred he's bought himself in Ames

Arkansas apparently really shook a bunch of people here with the Mike Leach courting. A lot of hard feelings and animosity towards a school that WSU has no association with (let alone a rivalry). Weird.

Ok, so they’re stuck promoting the intern. Not a solid hire, he fails and in a couple of years they’re back on the market looking for a new coach. Maybe they make a harder push for Leach?

Never know. Their guy may be coaching today in a championship game, and they’re keeping it under wraps.

No Arkansas is screwed. Leach said no Kiffin going to ole miss. Norvell is Florida state. Arkansas has nothing. They screwed themselves

No Arkansas is screwed. Leach said no Kiffin going to ole miss. Norvell is Florida state. Arkansas has nothing. They screwed themselves

We’ll see. Sometimes in situations like these, programs luck out with their Plan B or C choices. Oregon Basketball coach Dana Altman comes to mind as an example.

Ole Miss looks to have landed Lane Kiffin. If so, is that a steal or a curse? Mike Norvell is the next big group of 5 name. Is he a slam dunk? Let’s wait and see. The guy Arkansas backs into might be a steal.

If they take a no name sunbelt guy it’s a crap shoot. There’s always a chance you get a diamond in the rough but they are in such a hole they really whiffed imo.

Arguably the worst p5 program in the toughest division ? How much time is the fcs guy going to get ? Leach was their best shot and he said no

There’s one name that used to be floated in every search, and I haven’t seen this time. One guy that if I was at FSU, and even more at Arkansas, I would want to talk to. A guy who probably isn’t taking calls right now because he may still have 3 games left.

Brent Venables should be in the conversation for most jobs east of the Rockies.

There’s one name that used to be floated in every search, and I haven’t seen this time. One guy that if I was at FSU, and even more at Arkansas, I would want to talk to. A guy who probably isn’t taking calls right now because he may still have 3 games left.

Brent Venables should be in the conversation for most jobs east of the Rockies.

Not just head coaches are coaching in championship games today.

Not just head coaches are coaching in championship games today.
Exactly. But if I’m at Arkansas or Ole Miss, I’m not filling my position until I talk to Brent Venables.

If I’m at FSU, I probably prefer someone who’s been an HC, but I’m not sure I favor a G5 HC very much over Venables....and I really like how his familiarity with my conference could play to my advantage.

We’ll see. Sometimes in situations like these, programs luck out with their Plan B or C choices. Oregon Basketball coach Dana Altman comes to mind as an example.

Ole Miss looks to have landed Lane Kiffin. If so, is that a steal or a curse? Mike Norvell is the next big group of 5 name. Is he a slam dunk? Let’s wait and see. The guy Arkansas backs into might be a steal.
Funny you should bring up Altman. I think he's the guy who actually took the Arkansas basketball coaching job while at Creighton but changed his mind the day after his introductory press conference in Fayetteville. He had "buyers/seller's remorse" after he heard a bunch of alums chant the "soooo-eeeey" at that news conference (allegedly) and quickly backed out. He officially cited family reasons, which probably meant he couldn't bring himself to move his family to Arkansas.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: Ffffws
Funny you should bring up Altman. I think he's the guy who actually took the Arkansas basketball coaching job while at Creighton but changed his mind the day after his introductory press conference in Fayetteville. He had "buyers/seller's remorse" after he heard a bunch of alums chant the "soooo-eeeey" at that news conference (allegedly) and quickly backed out. He officially cited family reasons, which probably meant he couldn't bring himself to move his family to Arkansas.

Glad Cougar
Pete Carroll was the 5th choice for SC, remember. Crazy stuff does happen. I agree with the Venables comments above though. He's more than earned his own shot at being the head guy, if he wants it.

ADVERTISEMENT