ADVERTISEMENT

As Billy Newman said to his teammates “buy in or leave”

CougEd

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
Yeah Wsu has it tough . They always have . Yes they had two very capable linebackers NIL ‘ed . And we found out the replacements weren’t it.

Yes wsu will be a place that will become a feeder for a bigger program until nil and the portal gets fixed

But until then they will roll up their sleeves .

Please stop acting like this loss is way worse than losing to Minnesota . That we will fall off a cliff but didn’t after the loss in the holiday bowl.

Yeah it sucks to have your third coordinator in three years . But they were 7-6 this year with 5 conference losses to 5 top 20 teams . And they were in every game until theb4th quarter .

They need a qb coach . Period . They have to bring up wards delivery do he quits getting passes batted down .

They need to get better up front .

They took six olineman last year . How many this year?

The players who they have and who they are recruiting will want to be here. The ones who leave don’t.

Reactions: WillieThePimp
I think people need to move past the idea that we are just trying to coach up Ward. it should be a pure QB comp and I think if it started today, Mateers ability to go past read 1 might make things highly interesting.

Reactions: Chucksizzle1
Then you don’t want them . Simple as that . Put on the hard hat and get to work

Yes. You sign 30 HS kids and fill in with portal/jucos. Whoever stays, stays. Whoever leaves, leaves.

If they want to be a development program they are gonna have to start with more than 20-25 HS kids. The number may be 30. Ok. Go get it done.

“It takes what it takes.” Dabo

My prediction is Cam Ward is gone. He see's the writing on the wall, and needs to go to a smaller school.

He knows that fans are unhappy.

He knows that Mateer is better.

Not sure about the NIL money given to him, or the SUV, but my prediction is that he's gone....soon....before spring ball.

My prediction is Cam Ward is gone. He see's the writing on the wall, and needs to go to a smaller school.

Not sure about the NIL money given to him, or the SUV, but my prediction is that he's gone....soon....before spring ball.

He sucks. He can’t play here. He is honestly better off taking advantage of his advantage. That advantage is sticking with Morris. He needs to stay in the same scheme with the same coach playing in a rigged qb competition.

Hand the truck keys to Mateer and go back to Texas.

Or, he stays. If Dickert is smart he is shopping for a portal QB today. If portal qbs are smart they’re looking at Cam KNOWING they can beat him out cause he sucks. Mateer should be amped at the chance to be a 4 year starter at a power 5 school. Best player wins.

I wasn’t a fan of how the false prophet at CU told the kids they’re gone. I think there are better ways to tell the team they get better or they get gone. That’s what Dickert’s staff meeting needs to be Monday. And that’s what his next team meeting needs to be. Put an end to the mess WSU fans watched in the bowl game. Get kids in the room that are smart football players that won’t get lost in coverage. Get kids on the OL that won’t get blown off the ball. Get a room of guys that wanna be at WSU.

Enough excuses. Enough of the “good enough gang” and the “that’s ok club” at WSU. The future will be hard work, all day tough and well coached or it will be at best 7th place finishes for WSU.

Hand McGuire a bus ticket for North Texas. That sob has stolen enough $ from WSU.

Do you really believe that is how Cam sees things. The handwriting is on what wall, where? He started every game. He can't transfer to a D1 school. And if he is a competitor he works on what he needs to get better at with a QB coach. Who on the staff played the position. Worked on mechanics? No one.

Coaches nor players make decisions because fans are unhappy. Many people wanted Price gone after 99 and certainly 2000.

Coaches don't fire coaches after a season. There has to be an evaluation.

You are projecting. He doesn't "know" Mateer is better. Neither do you or I. We haven't seen Mateer in practice. We saw him do some nice things in the 4th quarter of one game.

People who play the game at this level don't say "oh the back up is better, I better transfer. Just the opposite. They have a supreme belief in themselves.

Where is the indication Ward will run from criticism and coaching. There is none.

And you want to see what a mess looks like coaching.....look at Dennis Erickson. He had a qb who threw the javelin the furthest of any kid in the US his senior year. rosie was faster than any qb in the conference. Rosie had swinton pringle, broussard, stallworth, dyko, utley, Milhalchik, Wulff and went 3-7-1. Rosie threw 11 TD,s 24 picks. Rosie wanted to switch to linebacker.

Ward has a drawer full of tools. He just has to refine his craft, including some of his flaws in his throwing motion.

And if you don't think a kid can improve on that, look at DeLaura.

Do you really believe that is how Cam sees things. The handwriting is on what wall, where? He started every game. He can't transfer to a D1 school. And if he is a competitor he works on what he needs to get better at with a QB coach. Who on the staff played the position. Worked on mechanics? No one.

Coaches nor players make decisions because fans are unhappy. Many people wanted Price gone after 99 and certainly 2000.

Coaches don't fire coaches after a season. There has to be an evaluation.

You are projecting. He doesn't "know" Mateer is better. Neither do you or I. We haven't seen Mateer in practice. We saw him do some nice things in the 4th quarter of one game.

People who play the game at this level don't say "oh the back up is better, I better transfer. Just the opposite. They have a supreme belief in themselves.

Where is the indication Ward will run from criticism and coaching. There is none.

And you want to see what a mess looks like coaching.....look at Dennis Erickson. He had a qb who threw the javelin the furthest of any kid in the US his senior year. rosie was faster than any qb in the conference. Rosie had swinton pringle, broussard, stallworth, dyko, utley, Milhalchik, Wulff and went 3-7-1. Rosie threw 11 TD,s 24 picks. Rosie wanted to switch to linebacker.

Ward has a drawer full of tools. He just has to refine his craft, including some of his flaws in his throwing motion.

And if you don't think a kid can improve on that, look at DeLaura.
I respectfullly disagree.

I believe Dickert's phone is blowing up, as well as other's around the circles of Cam Ward.....venting and complaining that this quarterback is not a good fit for Washington State. I'm sure Cam feels this....how can you not....after Saturday's performance.....which broke the camel's back.

Ward knows the fan base does not love him*. *Note: We love him as a person. Just not wearing Crimson & Gray. Therefore, he's going to want to get out of dodge. Nobody, (the vast majority), wants him around, and I'm sure he knows it!

My point is, it's obvious he doesn't feel welcome here. You either know it or you don't, and he knows it....therefore....my prediction is that he's going to "go across the street, to another school, where the grass is greener".

Can't even vision him spending a couple of years in Pullman. No way Jose'.

If he doesn't leave by Spring ball, and I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and I'll treat you to lunch.

Last edited:

I believe Dickert's phone is blowing up, as well as other's around the circles of Cam Ward.....venting and complaining that this quarterback is not a good fit for Washington State. I'm sure Cam feels this....how can you not....after Saturday's performance.....which broke the camel's back.

Ward knows the fan base does not love him*. *Note: We love him as a person. Just not wearing Crimson & Gray. Therefore, he's going to want to get out of dodge. Nobody, (the vast majority), wants him around, and I'm sure he knows it!

My point is, it's obvious he doesn't feel welcome here. You either know it or you don't, and he knows it....therefore....my prediction is that he's going to "go across the street, to another school, where the grass is greener".

If he doesn't leave by Spring ball, and I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and I'll treat you to lunch.

2 of his 3 best receivers just walked out. Is that a ringing endorsement of Cam and Morris?

I do have to push back.

Could you imagine Mike Leach taking a phone call from Ed-sanctimonious and Ed saying...hey coach, Cam really isn't welcome here. He must feel that right? He knows the fan base does not love him, you understand that correct?

I could imagine Leach saying...Ed, I hear you. We have a great history of QB's at this school. How many games did Drew win in his first year? Four? How many TD's and picks did he throw his junior year? 18 and 13? How about Rosenbach? How many games did he win his first year? 3? How many TD's? 11? How many picks? 24?
Leaf? Did he win seven his first year as a starter?

What do you think Leach would really say? Do you really think Dickert has time to take phone calls from any of us?

Do you think Ward doesn't feel welcome by his peers, like his teammates, other students? Really isn't that what he should be worried about?

2 of his 3 best receivers just walked out. Is that a ringing endorsement of Cam and Morris?
Or maybe they just don't have it? Maybe Stribbling from Hawaii didn't like the cold? But good speculation.

I do have to push back.

Could you imagine Mike Leach taking a phone call from Ed-sanctimonious and Ed saying...hey coach, Cam really isn't welcome here. He must feel that right? He knows the fan base does not love him, you understand that correct?

I could imagine Leach saying...Ed, I hear you. We have a great history of QB's at this school. How many games did Drew win in his first year? Four? How many TD's and picks did he throw his junior year? 18 and 13? How about Rosenbach? How many games did he win his first year? 3? How many TD's? 11? How many picks? 24?
Leaf? Did he win seven his first year as a starter?

What do you think Leach would really say? Do you really think Dickert has time to take phone calls from any of us?

Do you think Ward doesn't feel welcome by his peers, like his teammates, other students? Really isn't that what he should be worried about?
You either have it or you don't. Mr. Ward does not have it (at the Power 5 level).

Reactions: BiggsCoug
You either have it or you don't. Mr. Ward does not have it (at the Power 5 level).
Based on what metric? Athletic ability? Arm strength? Won loss record? By your measurements Rosie didn't have it, Nor did Drew. You get going into the Apple Cup 10 games in, 18 TD passes, 13 picks for Drew. They lost to two teams in the top 20, beat no one in top 20. And go back to 1990 when the seniors made teh same comment about Drew as you are about Ward. Smith an Olineman even was quoted in the papers Brad Gossen should start. Others thought Garcia. Price thought Bledsoe. Seems like he was one the one who was correct.

With all due respect, I think I will trust a guy who recruited Mahomes when very few others had done.

Based on what metric? Athletic ability? Arm strength? Won loss record? By your measurements Rosie didn't have it, Nor did Drew. You get going into the Apple Cup 10 games in, 18 TD passes, 13 picks for Drew. They lost to two teams in the top 20, beat no one in top 20. And go back to 1990 when the seniors made teh same comment about Drew as you are about Ward. Smith an Olineman even was quoted in the papers Brad Gossen should start. Others thought Garcia. Price thought Bledsoe. Seems like he was one the one who was correct.

With all due respect, I think I will trust a guy who recruited Mahomes when very few others had done.
So Cam Ward = Patty Mahomes? HAHAHAH!!!

Cam needs coaching..and bad.

He has the raw talent. Throws a nice ball when given time...and pretty accurate as well.

There is a lot that need to be coached out of him.

Coaching matters. See Tua with the Dolphins

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
ADVERTISEMENT