ADVERTISEMENT

B1G playing this fall?

Literally no one is concerned about 20-24 years old dying, you half brain. The concern is their ability to continue spreading it to other people who are at risk of death or serious complications.

This really is not that hard.

And that is, and has, been easily accomplished. France and Spain's infection rates are soaring but death rates remain low this time around because you tell young people to stay away from the elderly and sick, and visa versa. Its even working here, despite the largely incoherent messaging. Infections up, death rate down, because most know that. Playing football and the spread of Covid have as much to do with each other bull fighting has to do agriculture. Stop clutching at your pearls and wailing...

This article isn’t the only one that’s referenced this. There’s been studies in Germany that have confirmed the same. Deny all you want and we all hope you are right, but multiple studies are coming up with similar findings that there’s long term health issues already showing up. I mean I know there’s more scientific arguments that carry more weight such as windmill cancer and nuking hurricanes but this probably deserves some consideration.
Not until the science is right. The German study, likeany of the studies done around Covid19, did not follow proper study protocol. Similar to the hydroxychlorquine study, remember that one?

There are enough cases and mortalities to where if 35% were a real number we'd have known about it already, imho. Somebody got something wrong in the myocarditis study, or they flat out lied.

For what it is worth you Covid hoaxers and Covid "pearl clutchers" alike. The USA death rate now exceeds Sweden's, the Swedish doctor who masterminded their strategy has now been elected to a senior advisory role in WHO on Covid response, and Sweden is now able to plan a roll back of their elderly and sick social isolation practices, because they have only 16 people total in a country of 10.5 million who remain seriously ill. Where are we 7 months late?

Having a singular and coherent science based strategy, regardless of what it is, works way better that piece meal and scientifically incoherent action.

Coug90, who knows what actual research will reveal over the long term. It takes time to conduct and replicate valid, robust research and the “studies” you reference confirm nothing, and you seem to be justifying the PSU doctor’s false report about myocarditis rates on PSU football players on the basis on case reports in Germany? I guess you think it’s better to be morally right than factually right?
Anyway how about we agree that we disagree on what’s been “proven” about long term consequences of Covid are and get back to the topic at hand...which is whether B1G will be playing football this fall. My understanding is that in part due to the uproar over the PSU player myocarditis rate report being false the B1G has decided there will be another conference members vote today or tomorrow. Personally I think the B1G and PAC12 screwed up by cancelling the season before they needed to, and now they are already about three weeks behind the SEC/ACC/Big12 in team practice time, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 79COUG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT