ADVERTISEMENT

Baker Mayfield suspended 2 games for antics during KU game...

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
yeah, right.

Not that I think he should get that, but really? He sits the first play and isn't a captain? Just don't punish him and spare everyone the disrespect by thinking they are all stupid enough to think that actually means anything to anyone.

Eh whatever. Honestly I'd like to see that type of fire from our QB. Kansas players were acting like little biotches before and during the game, and he took it to them then told them about it. Did he take it a little far? Probably, and he apologized for it. But no way in hell he should be suspended. I think in this case the punishment fits the crime.

Eh whatever. Honestly I'd like to see that type of fire from our QB. Kansas players were acting like little biotches before and during the game, and he took it to them then told them about it. Did he take it a little far? Probably, and he apologized for it. But no way in hell he should be suspended. I think in this case the punishment fits the crime.
Yeah. I know. I didn't say to suspend him. My point was that these coaches make bullsh!t gestures like they are levying some type of punishment and its insulting to anyone with a brain cell. Just come right out and say "it was a heated moment, he got out of hand and regrets it, and frankly there's no way we're not playing with him over this."

His apology is hollow. If this was the first time he has had to apologize, then sure. But, it's not.

I admire his competitive drive and think he's a really good college QB, but honestly, I'm pretty sick of his BS. Ever since his (fairly recent) comments about having received some offers during high school but wanting to hold out for "big time" football, I was pretty much done with rooting for that guy, and he's found a new way to create some kind of controversy almost every week.

I admire his competitive drive and think he's a really good college QB, but honestly, I'm pretty sick of his BS. Ever since his (fairly recent) comments about having received some offers during high school but wanting to hold out for "big time" football, I was pretty much done with rooting for that guy, and he's found a new way to create some kind of controversy almost every week.

Much like the Grayson kid, Marquitter, the A&M kid who's all but irrelevant now... these kids have been failed by their parents, coaches, and whoever else in their lives let them act like a$$holes with no consequences. While they are at the age where they should know better and be able to take an example of leaders around them, if the people surrounding them keep sniffing their jock and patting them on the butt then its ridiculous to expect them to change.

What will be really telling is that the Browns will draft him #1 and continue to reaffirm his belief that he is above reproach.

Reactions: 425cougfan
I don't think Kansas shook hands because I think they were sick of him. People are all mad at Kansas, but no one wants to talk about Mayfield's prior actions? Was it poor showing by Kansas? Sure. But Mayfield's reputation gave him that target as well.

He's a great player. I appreciate his competitiveness (I wish Falk played with the fire he showed after the last TD at Utah more often). But I think he still plays the whole "no one gave me a chance" card when in fact both WSU and TTU gave him a chance. He's just annoying. I root for OU to lose just because of him.

I don't think Kansas shook hands because I think they were sick of him. People are all mad at Kansas, but no one wants to talk about Mayfield's prior actions? Was it poor showing by Kansas? Sure. But Mayfield's reputation gave him that target as well.

He's a great player. I appreciate his competitiveness (I wish Falk played with the fire he showed after the last TD at Utah more often). But I think he still plays the whole "no one gave me a chance" card when in fact both WSU and TTU gave him a chance. He's just annoying. I root for OU to lose just because of him.

Watching the ISU kid plant their flag on the OU... glorious. I mean, flag planting in general is bush league, but they/ he invited every opponent to do the same to them, and for some reason I don't feel like its poor sportsmanship to retaliate against poor sportsmanship - as long as it ends there.

Watching the ISU kid plant their flag on the OU... glorious. I mean, flag planting in general is bush league, but they/ he invited every opponent to do the same to them, and for some reason I don't feel like its poor sportsmanship to retaliate against poor sportsmanship - as long as it ends there.

I laughed really hard as one of the linemen tried to stop his fellow ISU teammate from planting the ISU flag at midfield and the guy's face is priceless...

The late hit on Mayfield was bush league, but I'm not bent out of shape my many others about the non-handshaking, especially with the past history of BM.

Much like the Grayson kid, Marquitter, the A&M kid who's all but irrelevant now... these kids have been failed by their parents, coaches, and whoever else in their lives let them act like a$$holes with no consequences. While they are at the age where they should know better and be able to take an example of leaders around them, if the people surrounding them keep sniffing their jock and patting them on the butt then its ridiculous to expect them to change.

What will be really telling is that the Browns will draft him #1 and continue to reaffirm his belief that he is above reproach.
You'd think the Browns would have learned something after taking Johnny Manziel a couple of years ago.

Glad Cougar

The man was talking about the Browns, an Ohio team. There's something wrong with the water there. Get it?
There has to be, because the only ones more idiotic than the management of the Browns are the fans who actually believed that Manziel would be their savior.

I get the irritation at his behavior but I don’t think he is Manziel. I think he’s going to be a good NFL QB. I think Russell Wilson is an appropriate comparison. Manziel had a destructive personality that was detrimental to his career. I don’t know mayfield personally, but my opinion is that his competitiveness drives him to do some unsavory things, but he strikes me as a kid that loves football and just wants to win. If I’m am nfl team needing a QB and a spark for my franchise I’d take him.

I get the irritation at his behavior but I don’t think he is Manziel. I think he’s going to be a good NFL QB. I think Russell Wilson is an appropriate comparison. Manziel had a destructive personality that was detrimental to his career. I don’t know mayfield personally, but my opinion is that his competitiveness drives him to do some unsavory things, but he strikes me as a kid that loves football and just wants to win. If I’m am nfl team needing a QB and a spark for my franchise I’d take him.

While he may have a drive to win, he also has a me first attitude. I'd pass every time, I don't believe that can be fixed at this point in his career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT