ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Final: Utah 3, Cougs 2 (Story + Highlights)

Hard game. The phrase, "All you gotta do is play catch and hit the ball, and you'll win." comes to mind. They got enough hits (Albeit 1) but the "playing catch" part… yikes. They lost the game on errors. If I was Utah, I'd be concerned because they didn't win due to their play, they won due to WSU's errors. Bummer but I see the young boys growing. It's a process… I hope.

FYI, cold as freakin' winter last night!!!! Holy crap!

Hard game. The phrase, "All you gotta do is play catch and hit the ball, and you'll win." comes to mind. They got enough hits (Albeit 1) but the "playing catch" part… yikes. They lost the game on errors. If I was Utah, I'd be concerned because they didn't win due to their play, they won due to WSU's errors. Bummer but I see the young boys growing. It's a process… I hope.

FYI, cold as freakin' winter last night!!!! Holy crap!
Pitching appears to have settled down a bit.

Pitching appears to have settled down a bit.
Seems but Ian Hamilton was a big time closer. Due to the need, them moving him to starter has had mixed results. His performance in game 2 was OK but not stellar. The Defense is just bad and the hitting is mixed. But pitching, we have a boatload of young'uns that just need time. Experience. The JC's we've signed this round hopefully will give WSU a good kick forward. We shall see. Overall, we signed 6 pitchers. This is good.

But the "new coach, program falls dramatically" era is in full swing at WSU. I like Lees, I like what he's doing but signing a new coach is rarely a "quick fix".

Seems but Ian Hamilton was a big time closer. Due to the need, them moving him to starter has had mixed results. His performance in game 2 was OK but not stellar. The Defense is just bad and the hitting is mixed. But pitching, we have a boatload of young'uns that just need time. Experience. The JC's we've signed this round hopefully will give WSU a good kick forward. We shall see. Overall, we signed 6 pitchers. This is good.

But the "new coach, program falls dramatically" era is in full swing at WSU. I like Lees, I like what he's doing but signing a new coach is rarely a "quick fix".
There is no sugar-coating the fact Hamilton has been a disappointment as a starter. Has not shown any command of his pitches and is getting lit up way too often. Can't imagine MLB has been at all impressed.

There is no sugar-coating the fact Hamilton has been a disappointment as a starter. Has not shown any command of his pitches and is getting lit up way too often. Can't imagine MLB has been at all impressed.
I'm sure he's hating this move. I'd been to games last year with MLB scouts looking at him. Now? Hard to say if they are there to watch the other team, or him. Last year, it was obvious. It was for him.

I'm sure he's hating this move. I'd been to games last year with MLB scouts looking at him. Now? Hard to say if they are there to watch the other team, or him. Last year, it was obvious. It was for him.

It is a shame. I remember reading before the season that he was excited about this move. Most pitchers would rather be a starter than a reliever.

I wonder if he comes back for his senior year to try to rebuild his draft status. If so, he would probably move back to the bullpen. However, if he does leave, he will still get drafted based on his previous work. It would just be in a lower round.

Reactions: Coug95man2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT