ADVERTISEMENT

Baynes re-signs with Boston

Awesome for him. Personally I think the NBA is garbage to watch and this free agent BS invading all my feeds is like an episode of Big Brother...and the contracts these guys are getting is beyond ridiculous.

But I’m all for Cougs making that $$$. The way things have been going Baynes and Klay may be the last two Cougs we can follow in the NBA for a while.

Never have been many Cougs in NBA. Going back to Raveling era only Donaldson and Ehlo got more than a coup of coffee in the league. Throw in Quinnett and Hendrickson, both who played about 3 years and you pretty much cover the entire 35 years prior to Baynes and Klay.

Forgot Collins who was the highest draft pick fir a Coug, but he still only lasted a short time

Never have been many Cougs in NBA. Going back to Raveling era only Donaldson and Ehlo got more than a coup of coffee in the league. Throw in Quinnett and Hendrickson, both who played about 3 years and you pretty much cover the entire 35 years prior to Baynes and Klay.

Forgot Collins who was the highest draft pick fir a Coug, but he still only lasted a short time

Interesting link below showing where the NBA players come from by college. While there are quite a few Power 5 teams with only a couple of players in the NBA, The Pac-12 averages 5.8! Skewed of course by UCLA and Arizona. This is from 2017, so the numbers have changed a little bit.
Maybe we need to move to the Big-10. 9 out of 14 with NBA players, 2.8 average........
Big Ten (14) 9 39 2.8

2nd link allows a search by team. looks more up to date but it is only one team at a time.

http://rpiratings.com/NBA.php

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/alumni-tracker/school/1839

Awesome for him. Personally I think the NBA is garbage to watch and this free agent BS invading all my feeds is like an episode of Big Brother...and the contracts these guys are getting is beyond ridiculous.

But I’m all for Cougs making that $$$. The way things have been going Baynes and Klay may be the last two Cougs we can follow in the NBA for a while.
agreed.

The NBA has become garbage and it makes me wonder what the end game is. NBA finals were at an all time low because the basketball is bad and the younger kids hate dynasties (I guess.) But yeah, go ahead and let GSW pick up Boogie Cousins. Just a matter of time before Harden is either a Laker or Warrior too, so wtf ever...

You failed to mention Kyle Weaver. He was in the league for three years as well but I'm going to say that he ended up with injury issues the limited him after his first year.

Ike Iroegbu had a really good season with LA Clippers G league affiliate. He was on a G league list of players likely to get an NBA shot.

Ike Iroegbu had a really good season with LA Clippers G league affiliate. He was on a G league list of players likely to get an NBA shot.

Gee, where's the big write up in the Spokane paper? As opposed to every zag who signs on in the Costa Rica league.

Baynes officially signed now. The link is worth clicking just for the pic of Baynes blocking that 76er a-hole Embiid. That should be on a poster.....

https://www.celticsblog.com/2018/7/7/17544024/aron-baynes-officially-re-signs-with-celtics

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT