ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 to resume football on 10/23

At this point, I think at least 8 of the Pac-12 schools (including us) would need permissions to be granted at the state level for this to be possible. Those same 8 schools are currently blanketed in smoke, and some of them have active fire nearby, so I doubt this is the top priority at the moment.

It's not like they are trying to play next week. B1G isn't playing until the end of October. They have time to work out the details and try to start on Halloween. But it's something the Pac-12 now has to face being the only Power 5 not playing this fall.

The procedures that the B1G is implementing should be what the Pac-12 goes by. I'm starting to think that playing sports might help to stop the spread of the virus at colleges. If you're getting tested 3 times a week, test positive, you will be banned from playing for 21 days and if the team's positivity rate is 5% they have to shut down for 7 days. I think you'll be less inclined to see athletes out and about mingling if these are the ramifications that you can face. The real issue that schools like WSU will face is if the population positivity rate is more than 7.5% then you have to shutdown. For Whitman county it's currently 16%.

Pro football is happening. Baseball is happening. If done under the supervision of medical professionals with adequate testing, it's possible....even if your state is "closed."

But hey, let's not let the facts get in the way of the fear our local governments want to drill into us. You know, data and science says we should lock ourselves away for the rest of our lives. That's how deadly this virus is.

It's not like they are trying to play next week. B1G isn't playing until the end of October. They have time to work out the details and try to start on Halloween. But it's something the Pac-12 now has to face being the only Power 5 not playing this fall.

The procedures that the B1G is implementing should be what the Pac-12 goes by. I'm starting to think that playing sports might help to stop the spread of the virus at colleges. If you're getting tested 3 times a week, test positive, you will be banned from playing for 21 days and if the team's positivity rate is 5% they have to shut down for 7 days. I think you'll be less inclined to see athletes out and about mingling if these are the ramifications that you can face. The real issue that schools like WSU will face is if the population positivity rate is more than 7.5% then you have to shutdown. For Whitman county it's currently 16%.

That, and if you've got practice or a game, less opportunity to get hammered and chase girls.

We better step up.
9 of the 12 schools are in blue states which are leading the nation in lockdown measures.

There is no f'ing way the P12 plays football this year - think about the children, won't you?

Also, the players need DOLLA DOLLA BILLS, Y'ALL!!!! So, there's that...

But hey, let's not let the facts get in the way of the fear our local governments want to drill into us. You know, data and science says we should lock ourselves away for the rest of our lives. That's how deadly this virus is.
cite your sources that have said this

This is interesting.

I saw that last night...and the news reporter take the mayor's lakey to task on it. He wasn't putting up with any nonsense.

HEre is the video at the top of the article: Worth watching: https://fox17.com/news/local/fox-17...office-accountable-for-leaked-covid-19-emails

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT