ADVERTISEMENT

***BOISE ST @ WSU - GAME THREAD***

Boise going with some easy outs to get the struggling Rypien warmed up

Mark is in the stands... wonder who he's rooting for?

And just like that, TE pass rips off 45 and the secondary - at least for a play - looks like a vintage 2012 crimson merlot

Tough start but it's early - down 7-0
One thing I don't like seeing is LBs having a shot at the QB and missing. If the QB can side step you that easily then pause just a split second before diving after him. Rypien had an easy 15 yard run when he could have been contained.
Again, still early.
Cougs don't want to go 3 and out here.

Morrow with an absolute boss run. 1st down Cougs. Clearly they want to own the line tonight - let's hope they stick with the plan!

Tough start but it's early - down 7-0
One thing I don't like seeing is LBs having a shot at the QB and missing. If the QB can side step you that easily then pause just a split second before diving after him. Rypien had an easy 15 yard run when he could have been contained.
Again, still early.
Cougs don't want to go 3 and out here.
That was a horrible whiff--who was that?

That was a horrible whiff--who was that?
Believe it was Dotson.

Cougs drive but get intercepted at the 3 yard line.
On the previoius play the Cougs ran Williams even with the o-line for a one yard gain.
Cougs never do any straight ahead running even against a 3 man line. At least not with Williams.

So if we're doing the speed D thing, get pelleur out of there and get the Bellevue kid that used to playQB in his place

Anybody remember when every ST play was pretty much a guaranteed 7 points for our opponent? Glad that era appears to be over*

*knocks on wood

This is why I like our odds against Oregon. Our front is small, but it's quick. Against SC, Stanford, and UW, I don't expect to fare as well

OK. Defense has made some adjustments with good results.
Luke and the Coug offense has to do something here. Put BSU behind and make them feel the pressure.

Everybody was bitching about us not taking deep shots. Falk needs to quit reading the message boards.
Aside from that, it's not what he does best anyway. If it's there, terrific, but he's not the guy that's gonna drop a 50 yard bomb from the sky into a shot glass. That's not his game. Let the backs make plays, and force the safeties to make a choice.

Reactions: chipdouglas
I love Falk and he can start for the Cougs forever, but I don't understand his slow starts and inability to get going early on. What exactly gives people confidence he can be a high level NFL player? He's deadly accurate and can manage games but can't go downfield deep without questionable accuracy.

Everybody was bitching about us not taking deep shots. Falk needs to quit reading the message boards.
The short stuff hasn't worked either. Offense is being dictated to by BSU. 5 wide
I love Falk and he can start for the Cougs forever, but I don't understand his slow starts and inability to get going early on. What exactly gives people confidence he can be a high level NFL player? He's deadly accurate and can manage games but can't go downfield deep without questionable accuracy.
yeah he looks like garbage right now. Not leading this team. Leach is pissed and he should be.

Here we are once again with "superior talent" getting embarrassed by a "worse team".

Morrow and Wicks need to get some touches.
Running Williams horizontal to the line is not working so far.
Mix this up a bit.

There it is.... Needed all day to get that off though. No way that holds up against better defenses.

Man that was a crap first half from the offense. Kudos to the defense. After that first drive they played really well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT