ADVERTISEMENT

Boise State game

How_did_this_happen?

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2012
I've been reading up on Boise State in the context of attempting to decide if I want to attend it (and perhaps go to Yellowstone Park on the same trip since it's in the neighborhood...well, not really).

Even if it is only a non-league game, I really want to beat these guys, and I expect them to give us their best shot due to the fact that we are in the Pac-12 and are on the rise.

I was reading an article written by Bill Connelly (sp?) over on SBNation and he referenced a table that provided the probabilities of wins for each BSU game next season. The table showed that BSU has a 65% of winning vs. our team. If I were to attach a probability now, I'd give us a 50% chance of winning. In other words, a toss up game. BSU will be a tough opponent and so will we be tough for them. Maybe its my crimson colored glasses that are causing me to give us too much credit, or maybe its the fact that BSU's weakness- from my understanding- is their corners (yeah!), but I still think its a toss up game at worse, not a game we should be the underdog.

Please take off your crimson colored glasses and chime in on your thoughts on this opponent. And if there are any Bronco fans lurking, please let us know what you think about your chances.

I know its early, but at least it is something to talk about during this period.

I've been reading up on Boise State in the context of attempting to decide if I want to attend it (and perhaps go to Yellowstone Park on the same trip since it's in the neighborhood...well, not really).

Even if it is only a non-league game, I really want to beat these guys, and I expect them to give us their best shot due to the fact that we are in the Pac-12 and are on the rise.

I was reading an article written by Bill Connelly (sp?) over on SBNation and he referenced a table that provided the probabilities of wins for each BSU game next season. The table showed that BSU has a 65% of winning vs. our team. If I were to attach a probability now, I'd give us a 50% chance of winning. In other words, a toss up game. BSU will be a tough opponent and so will we be tough for them. Maybe its my crimson colored glasses that are causing me to give us too much credit, or maybe its the fact that BSU's weakness- from my understanding- is their corners (yeah!), but I still think its a toss up game at worse, not a game we should be the underdog.

Please take off your crimson colored glasses and chime in on your thoughts on this opponent. And if there are any Bronco fans lurking, please let us know what you think about your chances.

I know its early, but at least it is something to talk about during this period.

I'd hit Sun valley instead. About a 2 hour drive from Boise. Should be nice still and kind of empty that time of year.

Could be a battle. Rypien was solid for them last year, and they get back a 1,000 yard rusher and 4 of their top 5 receivers. I think the key is going to be our pass rush - when he got pressure last year, Rypien made mistakes and they lost.

Objectively, I'd put us at just under 50%. They are still very good on the smurf turf.

Putting on my crimson tinted shades I think we win on a last minute drive, 35-31.

Did somebody say Crimson colored glasses?

Smash 'em 54 - 0.

Raise eyebrows across the nation and send a message.

Here come the Coooooooooooouggggggssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cannon fire*

Reactions: YakiCoug
Cougs should be even in this game 50/50 based on talent and scheme. BSU gets a point or two for being at home. I see WSU winning this game. (without Crimson glasses on).
Cougs 37 Froncoes 33 F

I expect a game that is within 10 points either way. No blowout.

Let's start with the moderately questionable assumption that the two teams were roughly equal at season's end last year.

In looking at what BSU lost/has to replace vs. what WSU lost/has to replace, I think we are a little ahead.

Consequently, I have to think that we are a small favorite…even on blue turf.

That is not a lock. But it is probably a 60-70% win chance.

Of the two, Pullman and Yellowstone, which are you more likely to see and stand just a few feet away from a grizzly bear?

I expect a game that is within 10 points either way. No blowout.

Let's start with the moderately questionable assumption that the two teams were roughly equal at season's end last year.

In looking at what BSU lost/has to replace vs. what WSU lost/has to replace, I think we are a little ahead.

Consequently, I have to think that we are a small favorite…even on blue turf.

That is not a lock. But it is probably a 60-70% win chance.

I agree it's not a lock. Strange things have happened in Boise.

I'd hit Sun valley instead. About a 2 hour drive from Boise. Should be nice still and kind of empty that time of year.

I once visited Sun Valley in the fall. It was a pleasant time. I visited Papa Hemingway's grave and a bar he used to frequent in Ketchum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT