ADVERTISEMENT

Borghi among 30 projected breakout players in 2019

Not sure if it was Max or Gardner, but those guys couldn’t run the Shuffle Pass to save their ass.

From: Wyoming To: Iowa St & all in between, that play just couldn’t get executed correctly all year long.

Which is funny cause Falk To Morrow running it couldn’t be stopped!

Reactions: acgcoug
Not sure if it was Max or Gardner, but those guys couldn’t run the Shuffle Pass to save their ass.

From: Wyoming To: Iowa St & all in between, that play just couldn’t get executed correctly all year long.

Which is funny cause Falk To Morrow running it couldn’t be stopped!

They rushed the play every time. Falk did a good job of waiting a second or two to let it develop.

What has happened to the RB screeen.

One of the great mystery's of the Leach era has been the disappearance of the RB Screen with Harrison. That thing was money. I was holding out hope this year that when Harrison was on the field they would dial it up.

Never happened.

Last edited:
One of the great mystery's of the Leach era has been the disappearance of the RB Screen with Harrison. That thing was money. I was holding out hope this year that when Harrison was on the field they would dial it up.

Me thinks you mean Harrington. Harrison (the ghost) was amazing on the screen but that was back in the Doba era. I do agree though. Harrington was very good on the screen in his freshman year and I kept expecting it this year but I don't remember it ever getting called. We seem to prefer the wide receiver screen which tends to get jammed up a lot.

Borghi will be the work horse. Great opportunity for him.

The Seattle Times ran a dumb article this morning ranking the top ten Heisman prospects in the PAC-12 for next year. Some how they managed not to include Borghi. It isn't that I think he will be a Heisman candidate but I think his chances are as good as anyone they bothered to list.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
The Seattle Times ran a dumb article this morning ranking the top ten Heisman prospects in the PAC-12 for next year. Some how they managed not to include Borghi. It isn't that I think he will be a Heisman candidate but I think his chances are as good as anyone they bothered to list.

It's going to be interesting to see how Borghi does as "The Man". I've been excited about him from the start and I love his balance, power and change of pace. He has the tools to be a great one for us. However.............

I wouldn't list him as a Heisman candidate yet for two reasons. 1) He and Minshew managed to make the shovel pass, the safest play in football, feel dangerous, and 2) He put the ball on the ground more often than I'd like. I think he'll be one of the most highly regarded backs in the conference and opposing DC's are going to feel like he's been at WSU for 10 years before he's done, but he still needs to prove that he can handle 15-20 touches per game.

.... 1) He and Minshew managed to make the shovel pass, the safest play in football, feel dangerous, and 2) He put the ball on the ground more often than I'd like. I think he'll be one of the most highly regarded backs in the conference and opposing DC's are going to feel like he's been at WSU for 10 years before he's done, but he still needs to prove that he can handle 15-20 touches per game.[/QUOTE]

The shovel pass was a disaster this year. I don't know if it was Minshew or Borghi. What makes me think it was more Minshew was that it didn't work well with Williams either. I don't remember Borghi fumbling much. Anyone know what the stats say?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT