ADVERTISEMENT

Brand Y had an article that asserted that the win over Arizona "vindicates" the year's team.

How_did_this_happen?

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2012
Do you agree?

"For whatever reason, the early-season struggles of Washington State men’s basketball caused a lot of fans to doubt the direction of the program under Kyle Smith."

For whatever reason? What? How about the obvious reasons that we lost to teams that we had no business losing to? How about way too many turnovers game after game?

Don't get me wrong, the team is playing very well now, but that in no way "vindicates" our earlier stumbles.

What do you guys think? Nusser once again full of hot air? 😀 I believe so.

It's natural to react on a game-by-game basis. I'm guilty of it way too often. But I do try hard to see how the entire season plays out before giving a final report card and whether the trend line is up by the end of the year. Those early season losses were frustrating but it appears the team has grown quite a bit from the experience. At least that's how it looks right now. There could be some more twists and turns this season. I don't think one game vindicates an entire year but it was one of the best wins in Cougar history, so they've got that no matter what happens from here.

Glad Cougar

Not off of Arizona. Utah, Baylor, UCAL, and even UNLV help the case IMO though. Still need to string together wins and get back over .500.

When we lost Jackson, I didn't know what to expect this year. When the season started without Jakimovski and Rodman that only made things tougher. That's literally 75% roster turnover year-over-year to start the season. Even though chemistry seemed better from day 1, that' still makes it tough.

Every year we have dealt with an unusual number of injuries (let alone illnesses). We have flaws but I'm really enjoying watching this team play. At the same time, looking to see how we adjust to the adjustments the rest of the season.

I'm hoping we can keep most of the roster together moving into next season and holding out hope we can get Jackson back.

Do you agree?

"For whatever reason, the early-season struggles of Washington State men’s basketball caused a lot of fans to doubt the direction of the program under Kyle Smith."

For whatever reason? What? How about the obvious reasons that we lost to teams that we had no business losing to? How about way too many turnovers game after game?

Don't get me wrong, the team is playing very well now, but that in no way "vindicates" our earlier stumbles.

It's not just only the Arizona game. And KEN POM AND THE MATH, STATS, SITUATION, COMPUTERS, ETC, RIGHTLY DISAGREE WITH YOU.

1. KEN POM said that WSU had ONE OF THE MOST INJURED TEAMS IN ALL OF COLLEGE BASKETBALLDOM. AND THAT IS RIGHT.

2. KEN POM said that WSU is 2nd MOST UNLUCKIEST TEAM in all of college basketballdom.

3. Ken Pom said that WSU had the 3rd toughest schedule in all of college basketballdom.

4. Ken Pom has WSU as the 61st best team.

5. Ken Pom didn't say this: But what he says takes this and all the stuff into account. WSU had to replace somewhere between some to semi most of the team.

6. Because of point 5 above, those replacements, new players, needed time, and needed to INTEGRATE, JELL, DEVELOP CHEMISTRY, LEARN TO PLAY TOGETHER, LEARN TO WIN, ETC, DESPITE THEM BEING HIGHLY RANKED, ATHLETIC, TALENTED PLAYERS.

7. Their development was STUNTED, SLOWED, BECAUSE OF ALL THE LOTS OF INJURIES, NO JACKSON, LOTS OF BAD LUCK, 3RD TOUGHEST SCHEDULE, etc.

8. Once the team got healthy, and once the team, players developed, JELLED, had chemistry, played together, learned to win, etc:

9. The team despite having the #1 TOUGHEST 4 GAME START OF CONFERENCE SCHEDULE IN NATION, COMPRISED OF THE 4 BEST TEAMS IN PAC 12, despite all that ALMOST BEAT ALL 4, and BEAT USC, AND ARIZONA, and then went on to BLOW OUT A CAL team that won 3 of 4 after they finally got healthy, that beat 11-6 Colorado.

KEN POM, the STATS, DATA, MATH, COMPUTERS, SELECTION COMMITEE, EXPERTS, ETC, ARE RECOGNIZING THAT WSU HAD LEGIT REASONS THAT I JUST MENTIONED THAT EXPLAIN WHY WSU LEGITLY STRUGGLED EARLIER, AND IS NOW PLAYING GOOD.

Jourdand and others like you would say that teams like Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, etc, deal with the above.

Of course they do. They are BLUE BLOODS. WSU TYPES CAN NOT HANDLE THAT LEVEL OF CRAP DUMPED ON THEM AND STILL WIN.

KEN POM, OTHERS RECOGNIZE THAT, and that's why Ken Pom has WSU as the BEST 8-10 team in all of college basketballdom.

Has Smith left a wee tiny little bit of meat on Bone, because of a wee tiny little bit of not as good coaching? YES.

Have the players, team left a wee tiny bit of meat on bone, and could they have won more, etc? YES, BUT MOST TO ALMOST ALL OF THAT IS DUE TO THE LEGIT REASONS MENTIONED ABOVE.

It's like you DISMISS KEN POM, the LEGIT REASONS, AND DEMAND PERFECTION of the team, players, coaches, etc.

Look at what happened to Dick Bennets Team, when lost Derek Low. And that was, is about 1/7 of the SHET that had happened to THIS SEASON's team.

Look what happened when Raveling lost Guy Williams. That was about 1/7 of the SHET that happened to this season's team.

In the past whenever a WSU team loses 1 or 2 players, goes thru 1/6 the SHET that happened to this seasons team, they usually end up doing even worse then this seasons team.

But despite that you, others make excuses for Dick Bennet, etc, and then double standardly blame Smith, and say that this team is bad and that Dick Bennets Team is good.

Well that's HORSESHET. This team is good, and Smith is good, and there are legit reasons that I mentioned above on why this team struggled earlier, and Dick Bennets Team was not good record wise.

The Silver Lining of the SHET that dumped on this year's team, is that it did allow WSU to develop more DEPTH, and it BATTLE TRIED, BATTLE TESTED, BATTLE HARDENED WSU's players, team, to the point where WSU might probably win about 15, 16,17,18 wins, an or is at least capable of that, even if don't do that.

Your FLAT OUT WRONG.

It's not just only the Arizona game. And KEN POM AND THE MATH, STATS, SITUATION, COMPUTERS, ETC, RIGHTLY DISAGREE WITH YOU.

1. KEN POM said that WSU had ONE OF THE MOST INJURED TEAMS IN ALL OF COLLEGE BASKETBALLDOM. AND THAT IS RIGHT.

2. KEN POM said that WSU is 2nd MOST UNLUCKIEST TEAM in all of college basketballdom.

3. Ken Pom said that WSU had the 3rd toughest schedule in all of college basketballdom.

4. Ken Pom has WSU as the 61st best team.

5. Ken Pom didn't say this: But what he says takes this and all the stuff into account. WSU had to replace somewhere between some to semi most of the team.

6. Because of point 5 above, those replacements, new players, needed time, and needed to INTEGRATE, JELL, DEVELOP CHEMISTRY, LEARN TO PLAY TOGETHER, LEARN TO WIN, ETC, DESPITE THEM BEING HIGHLY RANKED, ATHLETIC, TALENTED PLAYERS.

7. Their development was STUNTED, SLOWED, BECAUSE OF ALL THE LOTS OF INJURIES, NO JACKSON, LOTS OF BAD LUCK, 3RD TOUGHEST SCHEDULE, etc.

8. Once the team got healthy, and once the team, players developed, JELLED, had chemistry, played together, learned to win, etc:

9. The team despite having the #1 TOUGHEST 4 GAME START OF CONFERENCE SCHEDULE IN NATION, COMPRISED OF THE 4 BEST TEAMS IN PAC 12, despite all that ALMOST BEAT ALL 4, and BEAT USC, AND ARIZONA, and then went on to BLOW OUT A CAL team that won 3 of 4 after they finally got healthy, that beat 11-6 Colorado.

KEN POM, the STATS, DATA, MATH, COMPUTERS, SELECTION COMMITEE, EXPERTS, ETC, ARE RECOGNIZING THAT WSU HAD LEGIT REASONS THAT I JUST MENTIONED THAT EXPLAIN WHY WSU LEGITLY STRUGGLED EARLIER, AND IS NOW PLAYING GOOD.

Jourdand and others like you would say that teams like Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, etc, deal with the above.

Of course they do. They are BLUE BLOODS. WSU TYPES CAN NOT HANDLE THAT LEVEL OF CRAP DUMPED ON THEM AND STILL WIN.

KEN POM, OTHERS RECOGNIZE THAT, and that's why Ken Pom has WSU as the BEST 8-10 team in all of college basketballdom.

Has Smith left a wee tiny little bit of meat on Bone, because of a wee tiny little bit of not as good coaching? YES.

Have the players, team left a wee tiny bit of meat on bone, and could they have won more, etc? YES, BUT MOST TO ALMOST ALL OF THAT IS DUE TO THE LEGIT REASONS MENTIONED ABOVE.

It's like you DISMISS KEN POM, the LEGIT REASONS, AND DEMAND PERFECTION of the team, players, coaches, etc.

Look at what happened to Dick Bennets Team, when lost Derek Low. And that was, is about 1/7 of the SHET that had happened to THIS SEASON's team.

Look what happened when Raveling lost Guy Williams. That was about 1/7 of the SHET that happened to this season's team.

In the past whenever a WSU team loses 1 or 2 players, goes thru 1/6 the SHET that happened to this seasons team, they usually end up doing even worse then this seasons team.

But despite that you, others make excuses for Dick Bennet, etc, and then double standardly blame Smith, and say that this team is bad and that Dick Bennets Team is good.

Well that's HORSESHET. This team is good, and Smith is good, and there are legit reasons that I mentioned above on why this team struggled earlier, and Dick Bennets Team was not good record wise.

The Silver Lining of the SHET that dumped on this year's team, is that it did allow WSU to develop more DEPTH, and it BATTLE TRIED, BATTLE TESTED, BATTLE HARDENED WSU's players, team, to the point where WSU might probably win about 15, 16,17,18 wins, an or is at least capable of that, even if don't do that.

Your FLAT OUT WRONG.

Sounds like a lot of excuses for poor play Mik.

Sounds like a lot of excuses for poor play Mik.

ACT LIKE a DUMBAZZ that argues against the LOGIC FACTS LEGIT REASONS AND KEN POM MATH DATA STATS ETC, AND DOUBLE STANDARDLY EXCUSES RAVELING, DICK FOR DOING WORSE THEN SMITH WITH LESS INJURIES, SHIT THAT HAPPENED TO THEM THEN SMITH.

ACT LIKE a DUMBAZZ that argues against the LOGIC FACTS LEGIT REASONS AND KEN POM MATH DATA STATS ETC, AND DOUBLE STANDARDLY EXCUSES RAVELING, DICK FOR DOING WORSE THEN SMITH WITH LESS INJURIES, SHIT THAT HAPPENED TO THEM THEN SMITH.

AS KEN POM, MR SPOCK, DATA, ETC, SAY: YOUR ILLOGICAL, DO NOT COMPUTE

Some people are to stupid to even have an intelligent conversation with. Those are the same people that make a statement with no factual bases in one post, then quote that post later as a bases of proof when restating the same thing in a different post. Mikalalas is mentally unstable, knows zero about sports in general, lies so often he should run for office and now he has discovered Ken Pom which he is obviously not capable of understanding.

Some people are to stupid to even have an intelligent conversation with. Those are the same people that make a statement with no factual bases in one post, then quote that post later as a bases of proof when restating the same thing in a different post. Mikalalas is mentally unstable, knows zero about sports in general, lies so often he should run for office and now he has discovered Ken Pom which he is obviously not capable of understanding.

Some people are so stupid they argue with the experts like KEN POM KEN POM KEN POM KEN POM and the FACTS, DATA, MATH, LOGIC, ETC.

Some people are so stupid they argue with the experts like KEN POM KEN POM KEN POM KEN POM and the FACTS, DATA, MATH, LOGIC, ETC.

And it's not only KEN POM, but also the various sports media expert announcers that agree with Ken Pom, but also cite Ken Pom, and make FACTUAL, STATISTICAL, DATA, MATH, LOGICAL ARGUMENTS, AS EXPERTS THAT KNOW MORE, HAVE MORE CREDIBILITY THEN A COUPLE, STUPID POSTERS HERE THAT ARGUE AGAINST THEM, KEN POM, THE EXPERTS, FACTS, DATA, MATH, STATS, LOGIC, ETC

HEY HI SPORTS MEDIA EXPERTS, announcers LIKE a Bob Robertson, a CRAIG EHLO(not saying it was Craig EHLO per se, only that it was sports media experts like Craig Ehlo), etc, I am Jourdand or How did this Happen. We know more then you guys, we have more credibility then you, and expect Mike, others to believe, go by us over you, and because of that, we are right, you are wrong that there is no legit reason why WSU played so bad, and why they are playing better now, and No Ken Pom is not saying what you guys say Ken Pom said, and Ken Pom does not back up what you guys said, and you guys are pathetically wrong, making up lame azz excuses for WSU, Smith

Somebody please tell this moron Bob Robertson passed away in September of 2020!

I said LIKE A CRAIG EHLO, AND LIKE A BOB ROBERTSON, NOT THAT IT WAS SPECIFICALLY EITHER BOB ROBERTSON OR CRAIG EHLO.

BUT IF IT HAD BEEN BOB ROBERTSON OR CRAIG EHLO, INSTEAD OF THE WSU RADIO ANNOUNCERS WHO SAID IT, YOU JOURDAND AND HOW DID THIS HAPPEN WOULD STILL STUPIDLY EITHER TELL ME OR THEM THAT THEY, WE, ME, ETC, THAT WRONG, THAT THEY WERE, ARE MAKING UP LAME AZZ EXCUSES FOR WSU, SMITH, AND THAT NO KEN POM DOES NOT BACK UP WHAT THEY SAID, ETC, AND YOU GUYS WOULD STILL STUPIDLY ARGUE AGAINST THEM.

WORK ON YOUR COMPREHENSION.

Last edited:
Do you agree?

the big difference is the shooting has gotten better

the big difference is the shooting has gotten better

That's one of the factors, altho the players have been DR Jeckle, Mr Hyde on Shooting, and often times shoot 75% in a game, then 29% the next game, instead of a more consistent 47%, etc, every game.

If they would shoot 48% more consistently instead of either 75%, then 29%, they would win more.

Of course the Injuries, and all the other factors I pointed out have impacted shooting.

Also there have been other factors, other then only poor shooting.

And there have been games they could have, would have won, even with poor shooting had they done those other things well.

Of course again the factors like injuries, etc, have affected those other things that WSU could have done better to win despite poor shooting.

But yes, poor shooting has been one of the factors of the losses.

And good, better shooting has been a factor in the recent wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT