ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking...We finish at #10.

Wow. ND essentially gets a pass and UM gets sent to hell. The UT leapfrog hurts, but I think it shows that even if we had played a NY6, the top 8 was pretty much predetermined.

Shocked but obviously not gonna bitch about #10 when I expected much less

Reactions: earldacoug
Excellent! What a great way to top off a superb season. I'm sure Husky fans will disagree, but this is an indication that WSU had the best season of all Pac-12 teams.

I do feel bad for Iowa State, who dropped out of the top 25 with their loss to the Cougs. There's no doubt in my mind that they are better than Boise State, Fresno State, Utah State and probably many more that ended up in the top 25. In fact, they received less votes than Stanford and Utah. The Cyclones would've easily beaten those two teams, IMO. They were a damn good team.

Glad Cougar

Excellent! What a great way to top off a superb season. I'm sure Husky fans will disagree, but this is an indication that WSU had the best season of all Pac-12 teams.

I do feel bad for Iowa State, who dropped out of the top 25 with their loss to the Cougs. There's no doubt in my mind that they are better than Boise State, Fresno State, Utah State and probably many more that ended up in the top 25. In fact, they received less votes than Stanford and Utah. The Cyclones would've easily beaten those two teams, IMO. They were a damn good team.

Glad Cougar

I thought it was funny when someone said that we should be ranked below UW since we lost to them. Looking at the poll, Texas is behind Georgia even though they beat them in the bowl game. People often forget that one game doesn't define an entire season.

I thought it was funny when someone said that we should be ranked below UW since we lost to them. Looking at the poll, Texas is behind Georgia even though they beat them in the bowl game. People often forget that one game doesn't define an entire season.
Dogs do. They define themselves by AC success. I’ll take a better record with a bowl win.

Last edited:
I added the number of 4 (or 5) star recruits on each team's roster.

1. Clemson- 46
2 . Alabama- 63
3 . Ohio St- 66
4. Okla- 44
5. N Dame - 44
6. LSU- 50
7. Georgia- 61
8. Florida- 35
9. Texas- 42
10. WSU- 3
13. UW- 31
NR USC 51
NR Stanford 41
NR UCLA 28
NR Oregon 19

And actually the Cougs only had one 4 star who didn't redshirt (Calvin). What a remarkable season!!

Holy shyt. Even Boise Stare is ahead of us at $73M. We need to step it up or this will be another short lived run.
And I'd wager most of our money has been given with CML's hire. So 2 years were fairly sparse in the giving dept. I'll bet. We have A LOT to do, as fans, as alumni.

1. Clemson- 46
2 . Alabama- 63
3 . Ohio St- 66
4. Okla- 44
5. N Dame - 44
6. LSU- 50
7. Georgia- 61
8. Florida- 35
9. Texas- 42
10. WSU- 3
13. UW- 31
NR USC 51
NR Stanford 41
NR UCLA 28
NR Oregon 19

And actually the Cougs only had one 4 star who didn't redshirt (Calvin). What a remarkable season!!

I'm glad you included that. This once again shows how truly remarkable Leach is as a coach. I can't wait until next season to begin.

Wow. ND essentially gets a pass and UM gets sent to hell. The UT leapfrog hurts, but I think it shows that even if we had played a NY6, the top 8 was pretty much predetermined.

Shocked but obviously not gonna bitch about #10 when I expected much less

I don't know about that. ND did fall out of the top 4. They still only have 1 loss, to the 2nd best team in the country. And, there's really not anyone else to pass them, unless you want that trio of SEC teams to pass them.

Michigan got boat raced 2 weeks in a row and finished with 3 losses.

1. Clemson- 46
2 . Alabama- 63
3 . Ohio St- 66
4. Okla- 44
5. N Dame - 44
6. LSU- 50
7. Georgia- 61
8. Florida- 35
9. Texas- 42
10. WSU- 3
13. UW- 31
NR USC 51
NR Stanford 41
NR UCLA 28
NR Oregon 19

Not according to mikalakas.

Holy shyt. Even Boise Stare is ahead of us at $73M. We need to step it up or this will be another short lived run.

The Boise State dollars shocked me too until I realized that Boise State finished ranked for the 12th time in the past 17 seasons. This is the first final AP poll the Cougs have been on since 2003. Apparently results matter.

The Boise State dollars shocked me too until I realized that Boise State finished ranked for the 12th time in the past 17 seasons. This is the first final AP poll the Cougs have been on since 2003. Apparently results matter.
You would probably also be shocked at just how much money there is in Boise.

With the news about our coaches: Erickson in the HoF, and Leach national Coach of the Year, it's like double exclamation points at the end of the season, pointing to the past and our future all at the same time, and underscored and highlighted with a top ten, best in the Pac finish. What a day! I'm feeling a little dizzy.

1. Clemson- 46
2 . Alabama- 63
3 . Ohio St- 66
4. Okla- 44
5. N Dame - 44
6. LSU- 50
7. Georgia- 61
8. Florida- 35
9. Texas- 42
10. WSU- 3
13. UW- 31
NR USC 51
NR Stanford 41
NR UCLA 28
NR Oregon 19

WSU has at least 8,9,10 4 stars that were CLEAR RR 5.8,5.9 4 star recruits, and 1,2,3 recruits that were 2,3 stars that were upgraded to 4 stars by either ESPN, Rivals, Brand X, and 1,2,3 recruits that were ranked 3 stars by 1+ of the 3,4 recruiting services(ESPN, Rivals, etc), BUT who were ranked 4 stars by 1+ of the 3, 4 recruiting services(ESPN,Rivals, etc), and about 10 to 15 RR 5.7 borderline high end 3 star, lowest ended 4 stars, depending on recruiting service evaluation(ESPN, 247, etc).

If add all if those up over the 7 year tenure of Leach at WSU, that's about 15 to 30 4 stars rwcruited at WSU

BUT not all of those 4 stars stuck, made the depth charts, etc, played on this years team.

So about somewhere between 1/4 to 1/3 of those 15 to 30 4 stars were on this years team.

That's about somewhere between 5 to 9 4 stars that were on this years team.

NOT only 3. Pretty sure that's either wrong, or that just counted Rival's, Brand X's WSU 4 stars, and didnt count the ESPN, 247, etc, other recruiting services WSU 4 stars, and didnt count the WSU 2,3 star recruits that were upgraded to 4 stars by ESPN, 247, etc.

But in any case get your point, that WSU had either the fewest or a lot less 4 stars compared to most to almost all the other ranked teams, and how that shows that can't, shouldnt put too stock on either high ranked or lower to low ranked recruits, recruiting classses.

WSU has at least 8,9,10 4 stars that were CLEAR RR 5.8,5.9 4 star recruits, and 1,2,3 recruits that were 2,3 stars that were upgraded to 4 stars by either ESPN, Rivals, Brand X, and 1,2,3 recruits that were ranked 3 stars by 1+ of the 3,4 recruiting services(ESPN, Rivals, etc), BUT who were ranked 4 stars by 1+ of the 3, 4 recruiting services(ESPN,Rivals, etc), and about 10 to 15 RR 5.7 borderline high end 3 star, lowest ended 4 stars, depending on recruiting service evaluation(ESPN, 247, etc).

If add all if those up over the 7 year tenure of Leach at WSU, that's about 15 to 30 4 stars rwcruited at WSU

BUT not all of those 4 stars stuck, made the depth charts, etc, played on this years team.

So about somewhere between 1/4 to 1/3 of those 15 to 30 4 stars were on this years team.

NOT only 3. Pretty sure that's either wrong, or that just counted Rival's, Brand X's WSU 4 stars, and didnt count the ESPN, 247, etc, other recruiting services WSU 4 stars, and didnt count the WSU 2,3 star recruits that were upgraded to 4 stars by ESPN, 247, etc.

But in any case get your point, that WSU had either the fewest or a lot less 4 stars compared to most to almost all the other ranked teams, and how that shows that can't, shouldnt put too stock on either high ranked or lower to low ranked recruits, recruiting classses.

Clear as mud.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray

Why not just use the actual numbers, rather than 4,5,6, etc.?

Clear as mud.

What's funny for me about mikalalas is that I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed Oddysey and in the game, the main character says, "Malakas!" anytime they are intending to imply the following (context varies during the game): sh!t, f#ck, a-hole, idiot, dick or jerk. It's used as a noun, verb and adverb. So now, anytime he posts, I picture the main character yelling, "Malakas!".

Reactions: SDCoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT