ADVERTISEMENT

BSB Final: UCLA 16, Cougs 7 (Game 3) - Stats

Costly loss after blowing the 2-lead in 9th on Saturday. Pitching couldn't hold up.

Stats: https://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=329794

16 hits, 7 BB, 4 HBP, and 2 WP. The lack of Sunday arms puts a lot of pressure on the offense.
Saturday’s 9th inning meltdown was disastrous.
Problem moving forward is we potentially lose Mills and White since they’re juniors.
There are zero pitchers that give me confidence they’ll improve next year unless we have some dynamos signed in the next class.

16 hits, 7 BB, 4 HBP, and 2 WP. The lack of Sunday arms puts a lot of pressure on the offense.
Saturday’s 9th inning meltdown was disastrous.
Problem moving forward is we potentially lose Mills and White since they’re juniors.
There are zero pitchers that give me confidence they’ll improve next year unless we have some dynamos signed in the next class.

We have a juco arm coming in that is suppose to be pretty good, but there isn’t a lot there right now. We also lose a lot of offense with Manzardo and Peterson.

We have a juco arm coming in that is suppose to be pretty good, but there isn’t a lot there right now. We also lose a lot of offense with Manzardo and Peterson.
Montez and Jack Smith are also seniors. Collectively between the 4 of them that’s 142 RBI’s. Kolden’s also a Jr. hitting over .300 and tied for second in RBI’s so he’s another potential loss to the draft.
WSU pitchers have issued 61 more BB, 19 more HBP, and 18 more WP than the opposition.
Clagett’s got to clean this up.

It may be a longshot, but I still think if the Cougars can win their remaining games (vs. USC & UW....along with some non-conference games), they could be considered for a regional.

Glad Cougar

Uh
It may be a longshot, but I still think if the Cougars can win their remaining games (vs. USC & UW....along with some non-conference games), they could be considered for a regional.

Glad Cougar
Win 5 of the 6 remaining conference games and I believe they’ll be considered.
Offense will score runs vs. usc & uw, pitching is always the concern.

ADVERTISEMENT