ADVERTISEMENT

BYU vs Navy

I watched some of it. Thought it was awful. Outdoor sports like football and baseball need fans. Basketball and hockey don’t.

I watched some of it. Thought it was awful. Outdoor sports like football and baseball need fans. Basketball and hockey don’t.

The SMU/Texas St game on Saturday was fine. Only a few fans in the stands but the game was competitive. Heard Navy wasn't doing a lot of live reps due to Covid and it showed. Sloppiest I've seen a service academy play in a long time. They just weren't ready for game speed.

To be honest I only ended up watching about 10 minutes then lost interest which is pretty much my feelings with NBA and MLB ( though I haven’t watched that in years). I wonder how many people have figured out there are things to do beyond Watching other people play sports in the last 6 months?

To be honest I only ended up watching about 10 minutes then lost interest which is pretty much my feelings with NBA and MLB ( though I haven’t watched that in years). I wonder how many people have figured out there are things to do beyond Watching other people play sports in the last 6 months?
Pre Russell Wilson/ wsu 2008-2012 coincided, so i had a lot of free weekends back then. Turns out fishing is pretty good in the fall...

I wonder how many people have figured out there are things to do beyond Watching other people play sports in the last 6 months?

To piggyback on this and BC&G's note, I'm at the age now where my weekends less about sitting down and watching games. I used to carve out my whole Saturday for CFB and Cougar Football Saturday, now if it aligns with my schedule, I'll watch.

Exactly- for everyone who felt like they were missing TV sports, how did you like this weekend?
NBA playoffs, NHL playoffs, US Open for Tennis, Golf playoffs, MLB, late season WNBA, a taste of college football.
Pretty much all unwatchable. Out of context, none of these televised sports are actually very compelling, and two weeks into the NFL season it will be the same story.....

Exactly- for everyone who felt like they were missing TV sports, how did you like this weekend?
NBA playoffs, NHL playoffs, US Open for Tennis, Golf playoffs, MLB, late season WNBA, a taste of college football.
Pretty much all unwatchable. Out of context, none of these televised sports are actually very compelling, and two weeks into the NFL season it will be the same story.....

The NHL and NBA playoffs have been excellent. I actually like the NBA better without fans. Both of these sports don't see a drop-off in intensity. Golf has also been great.

The outdoor sports like football and soccer aren't as good without fans. The atmosphere just isn't there.

I guess I'm not complaining about the quality of play. It's more the idea of watching made-for-TV playoffs stacked on top of each other for seasons that were never played. I have to admit as the years go by it is harder and harder to really get into these playoffs, and without the context of the season and occurring at the wrong time of year, its no more exciting to me than just watching reruns from years gone by. I have watched the Nuggets and the Avalanche in some of their games, but just out of habit. I think I'm not alone, based on the TV ratings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT