ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Ward NIL deal...

What strikes me is that what Reggie Bush did 20ish years ago is now totally fine. Not exactly apples to apples, but pretty close.

No problem today if Eric Dickerson takes the gold Trans Am, as long as he promises (emphasis on promises) to sign some autographs at some event, even if he later signs with SMU instead of A&M.

Another thought- how many guys run into a tax problem with accepting compensation in kind, like free leases on cars, etc., that I believe would be income, but don't get any cash to actually pay the IRS?

Another thought- how many guys run into a tax problem with accepting compensation in kind, like free leases on cars, etc., that I believe would be income, but don't get any cash to actually pay the IRS?

A very good question. I didn't think of that angle.

The lodging and money paid to pursue a degree should be exempt from taxes.

Unknown if cars, hoes, and weed are considered essential to the "pursuit of a degree", but I'm sure it could be argued that it is.
Portion of scholarship to pay room & board is taxable currently.. Obviously the items you mention are not qualifying type of tuition, fees, expenses, books, supplies, etc required for courses. Most all of the NIL stuff is taxable.

are taxes already paid before they give the $50,000 in cash. Does the government get their share 16,000 plus? Yes, how does this work.

Portion of scholarship to pay room & board is taxable currently.. Obviously the items you mention are not qualifying type of tuition, fees, expenses, books, supplies, etc required for courses. Most all of the NIL stuff is taxable.
Do they include the tax portion in the NIL deal and the University pays the taxes upfront?

free

Unbelievable.

In Arkansas, a high-tech drones delivers within 30 minutes (On-Demand) a Wal-Mart order of 5 lbs or less via an Airplane Drone and drops it via parachute in your back yard. (Zipline beat out Amazon).

Last Sunday's 60 Minutes, 3rd segment, you can take a Vertol Electric Helicopter, (like The Jetson's) via an Uber type app, pick you up in your backyard, and drop you off on the roof or parking lot of your office building for a very affordable fee.

We now have Dick Tracey walkie-talkie wrist watches, that can do almost everything.

Commercial Trucks like Peterbuilt and Kenworth are self driving across the United States with no physical driver.

There are 660 licensed cannabis dispensaries in the state of Washington.

And college kids making $90,000 a year or more from university boosters.

Amazing.

Who would've believed you 10 years ago, let alone 3 years ago?

Last edited:
Reactions: 79COUG
Unbelievable.

In Arkansas, a high-tech drones delivers within 30 minutes (On-Demand) a Wal-Mart order of 5 lbs or less via an Airplane Drone and drops it via parachute in your back yard. (Zipline beat out Amazon).

Last Sunday's 60 Minutes, 3rd segment, you can take a Vertol Electric Helicopter, (like The Jetson's) via an Uber type app, pick you up in your backyard, and drop you off on the roof or parking lot of your office building for a very affordable fee.

We now have Dick Tracey walkie-talkie wrist watches, that can do almost everything....called the iWatch.

Commercial Trucks like Peterbuilt and Kenworth are self driving across the United States with no physical driver.

Amazing.

Who would've believed you 10 years ago?

The country just keeps getting better and better!
<eyes rolling>

Unbelievable.

We now have Dick Tracey walkie-talkie wrist watches, that can do almost everything.

Amazing.

Who would've believed you 10 years ago, let alone 3 years ago?
Don’t forget to add people can just walk in to a business, grab what they want and just walk out. This Happens every day and all over where I live. The homeless and methheads dresss better than most people now. I manage a business here in Oregon and you don’t know what to expect everyday. Remember players taking food and headphones from Walmart that’s normal without being arrested now. Just keep it under $1000 for a misdemeanor and employees can’t stop you. it’s the cost of doing business now and let them take it.

Don’t forget to add people can just walk in to a business, grab what they want and just walk out. This Happens every day and all over where I live. The homeless and methheads dresss better than most people now. I manage a business here in Oregon and you don’t know what to expect everyday. Remember players taking food and headphones from Walmart that’s normal without being arrested now. Just keep it under $1000 for a misdemeanor and employees can’t stop you. it’s the cost of doing business now and let them take it.

Thank you #progressivepolicies

Remember, let's defund the police too!

Brilliant idea...brought to you by the likes of Ed.

Thank you #progressivepolicies

Remember, let's defund the police too!

Brilliant idea...brought to you by the likes of Ed.
Awful broad brush. So I take it you are a traitor like the folks who went into the capitol and wanted to delay the certification of the election. Everyone can paint with a broad brush.

Just so you know the phrase defund the police is the dumbest thing ever uttered...well a close second to the pedophilia ring that every dem is a member of.

Awful broad brush. So I take it you are a traitor like the folks who went into the capitol and wanted to delay the certification of the election. Everyone can paint with a broad brush.

Just so you know the phrase defund the police is the dumbest thing ever uttered...well a close second to the pedophilia ring that every dem is a member of.

The people at the capitol were led in. It's on record now. Not sure why you keep spewing old fake news

The people at the capitol were led in. It's on record now. Not sure why you keep spewing old fake news
You'll have to excuse Ed. He only gets his news from corrupt lying corporate media.

No doubt he isn't aware that the FBI and their informants were working to help the so-called conspirators who were allegedly going to kill governor Whitmer.

He also no doubt is not aware that our own beloved government won't release some 14000 hours of surveillance video on 6 January knowing full well it will incriminate the FBI and perhaps other government agencies for their part in inciting and leading the riots on that day.

Ed's a government guy as long as "team blue" is in charge. No possible way his guys could ever do wrong and be deeply corrupt. Nah.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
I fear you totally believe that . Why was Ashley Babbitt shot?

Why is there video of a police officer getting his face mask ripped off. Why police like Michael fannone said it they breached the security. Why is there video of people breaking windows to get in ?

was that staged ?

I have zero doubt ghere we’re some that were let in . I don’t doubt that . But the rest , you know the ones sitting in jail were not invited in.

This is a legit question … have you not seen the police take a beating trying to hold off people trying to get into the Capitol ?

Why is there video of a police officer getting his face mask ripped off. Why police like Michael fannone said it they breached the security. Why is there video of people breaking windows to get in ?

was that staged ?

I have zero doubt ghere we’re some that were let in . I don’t doubt that . But the rest , you know the ones sitting in jail were not invited in.

This is a legit question … have you not seen the police take a beating trying to hold off people trying to get into the Capitol ?

What is it about they were led into the building do you not understand?

was that staged ?

Ed, looking for your outraged posts on when BLM rioters and other leftist groups attacked police buildings (local government property) and federal courthouses (federal government property) in the summer and fall of 2020. Perhaps you can provide a link and save me some time.

Or perhaps your outrage at attacks on our government are permissible when leftists groups do this?

Ed, looking for your outraged posts on when BLM rioters and other leftist groups attacked police buildings (local government property) and federal courthouses (federal government property) in the summer and fall of 2020. Perhaps you can provide a link and save me some time.

Or perhaps your outrage at attacks on our government are permissible when leftists groups do this?

Burning down a federal building isn't insurrection because they got bailed out by the VP :)

What is it about they were led into the building do you not understand?
Sorry you didn’t answer the question . I will do something I typically do not do . I will assume you didn’t see people breaking windows , beating cops Etc. Or maybe you are saying the video was fake or doctored ?

Outrage ? How can I be outraged when it didn’t happen . Police were smoking . Dropped a cig and burned down their own building .

And it was the proud boys . The blm attendees were invited in…. It was take your kid to work day and a bunch of white people got out of control .

Sorry you didn’t answer the question . I will do something I typically do not do . I will assume you didn’t see people breaking windows , beating cops Etc. Or maybe you are saying the video was fake or doctored ?

The article claims that there was no insurrection but that it instead was a 'riot'.

It's a shame the Mayor of DC ignored Trumps call for the national guard to come in, but you know, democrats doing democrat things.

A real insurrection would have guns and other weapons. Some people getting out of control and breaking windows pales in comparison to burning down a federal building.

The article claims that there was no insurrection but that it instead was a 'riot'.

It's a shame the Mayor of DC ignored Trumps call for the national guard to come in, but you know, democrats doing democrat things.

A real insurrection would have guns and other weapons. Some people getting out of control and breaking windows pales in comparison to burning down a federal building.
Tell me what constitutes a weapon …

Outrage ? How can I be outraged when it didn’t happen . Police were smoking . Dropped a cig and burned down their own building .

And it was the proud boys . The blm attendees were invited in…. It was take your kid to work day and a bunch of white people got out of control .

You're funny. It wasn't leftist groups or BLM Marxist radicals, was it Ed?

You truly are a Seattle "progressive" locked into your sickening leftist ideology of lies.

Oh, and you are too embarrassed to define what you believe a man or woman is. That's pathetic and cowardly.

Don't confuse leftist Ed with facts. He's too busy drowning in his own ideology of lies.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Tell me what constitutes a weapon …

Hello? Did you check the link that showed that the FBI themselves didn't consider it an "insurrection".

It doesn't matter to you though. If there was no Jan 6 protest/event in DC you'd be latched onto the lie of "Russian Collusion."

Ed, you live in lie land. And you love it too.

Hello? Did you check the link that showed that the FBI themselves didn't consider it an "insurrection".

It doesn't matter to you though. If there was no Jan 6 protest/event in DC you'd be latched onto the lie of "Russian Collusion."

I’m not sure why we’re so hung up on this word either. Regardless of where you lean. A bunch of dipshits being dipshits is good enough for me. The law is sorting out the labels.

More "fake news"...you have convinced everyone the FBI is corrupt and they are now covering up for January 6th. I read that on the internet I am sure. You wonder why I am easily amused. You and Justin have railed on the FBI for awhile now, saying how corrupt they are and you are now using the FBI as a reference. Honestly that is worth the chuckle.

And I will apologize if I used the word insurrection. I tried to be careful in not using that term but I believe they are traitors.

And since you wonder why Ashley Babbitt was shot trying to gain entrance where she wasn't supposed to go, then you can certainly understand the outrage when Eric Floyd was choked out, and other black men were shot in the back.

As to the men/women question...I explained to you already...you made a deal, failed to live up to it. So that question will have to remain in that vivid little imagination of yours.

And you have a bad habit of calling me a leftist, bad dad etc. My mother if she were alive would tell you that when you have to try and insult people (and btw you aren't very successful) you don't have a position you can give a convincing oral argument.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT