ADVERTISEMENT

Canzano's mailbag inferring the CW might be interested in SUNDAY college football...

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
That is interesting. Will college start to compete with the NFL for Sunday viewers?

Would an 10am west coast kickoff, essentially an early game before the Seahawks, draw TV viewers?

There is usually a window from 4pm to 5ish where there is no NFL games. Do you have a kick-off at 4, try and draw some viewers before the NFL prime time game is on?

It is an outside-the-box thinking to differentiate them...but college football is already a regional sport, particularly the kond of schools that the CW is carrying.

Those customers are already going to find them whether it's a Thursday, Friday or Saturday game. So I would think it's a terrible idea to go up against the nfl, who owns the whole day whether the game is on or not. There just isn't a long enough window to hold an audience.

Don't see advertisers of significant worth buying into that. That's all I have to say about that.

It is an outside-the-box thinking to differentiate them...but college football is already a regional sport, particularly the kond of schools that the CW is carrying.

Those customers are already going to find them whether it's a Thursday, Friday or Saturday game. So I would think it's a terrible idea to go up against the nfl, who owns the whole day whether the game is on or not. There just isn't a long enough window to hold an audience.

Don't see advertisers of significant worth buying into that. That's all I have to say about that.
I agree that is a terrible idea. Trying to compete against the nfl is a very bad idea.

That is interesting. Will college start to compete with the NFL for Sunday viewers?

Would an 10am west coast kickoff, essentially an early game before the Seahawks, draw TV viewers?

There is usually a window from 4pm to 5ish where there is no NFL games. Do you have a kick-off at 4, try and draw some viewers before the NFL prime time game is on?
Did ESPN try Sundays with the MAC (or maybe WAC/MWC too) 20ish years ago?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT