ADVERTISEMENT

CDC new MASKLESS update

With the CDC now going on record that vaccinated people can go maskless indoors and outdoors, I'm hopeful that sports attendance in the Fall will be restored to full capacity.

Show your V-card, get in with no restrictions. That should be WSU's stance this fall.

If they want to alienate 50% of their fanbase, sure. Go for it.

Reactions: geon
If they want to alienate 50% of their fanbase, sure. Go for it.
Gawd this issue cracks me up to be honest . We have asked people in our country to die for us, and we can’t put on an f in mask or get vaccinated. If COVID affected the johnsons of the male population of the US citizenry I doubt we would be vaccine hesitant .

Patrol count me in I will be happy to show my vaccine card... and not just for me but to get the school back to normal .

Governor Inslee has also announced today that we are on track for a full reopening of the states economy by 6/30/21. We had a slight bump a few weeks ago, but cases have continued to decline in the state. I am fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. Felt fine after both shots, although my arm was sore for a day after the second shot.

Reactions: froropmkr72
With the CDC now going on record that vaccinated people can go maskless indoors and outdoors, I'm hopeful that sports attendance in the Fall will be restored to full capacity.

Show your V-card, get in with no restrictions. That should be WSU's stance this fall.
Too bad Fauci had to put his personal stank on it: "Go maskless if you're vaccinated AND outside". Vaccines only work in the sun, apparently.

Fcking dude is a megalomaniac.

To be fair, its probably the most prevalent issue in our society currently. I can hardly go a single interaction with a customer, vendor, friend or family without it coming up. Tends to happen when we've been led to believe that Covid is this generations WWII.
Truth. I’m not shy about where I stand, just being silly and trying to lighten the mood before the arrows start flying.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
To be fair, its probably the most prevalent issue in our society currently. I can hardly go a single interaction with a customer, vendor, friend or family without it coming up. Tends to happen when we've been led to believe that Covid is this generations WWII.
PLEASE 2x on that. The Rosie the Riveter unemployment rate would be like 60%.

Reactions: Observer11
Gawd this issue cracks me up to be honest . We have asked people in our country to die for us, and we can’t put on an f in mask or get vaccinated. If COVID affected the johnsons of the male population of the US citizenry I doubt we would be vaccine hesitant .

Patrol count me in I will be happy to show my vaccine card... and not just for me but to get the school back to normal .
What you do personally is your own decision - but for a school that is bleeding cash, why even go down that path? Unless they believe such a bold stance will suddenly bring in a substitute % of attendees. Bold move if that's what the analytics are saying.

There was a time where businesses did what they could to attract and retain customers, not take extra steps to make them think of other things to do with their time and money.

And if you're vaxxed, what difference does it make if the guy sitting next to you isn't? The vax works, right? Or doesn't it?

Reactions: mikalalas
What you do personally is your own decision - but for a school that is bleeding cash, why even go down that path? Unless they believe such a bold stance will suddenly bring in a substitute % of attendees. Bold move if that's what the analytics are saying.

There was a time where businesses did what they could to attract and retain customers, not take extra steps to make them think of other things to do with their time and money.

And if you're vaxxed, what difference does it make if the guy sitting next to you isn't? The vax works, right? Or doesn't it?

11... it isn’t about me. I am vaccinated . It is about a Coug grandma would would like to take her granddaughter to a game, have that kid live a normal life but because that kid was born five months early she is very susceptible to covid . And there are so many other people that it affects their lives .

For a long time I didn’t have kids I paid my property taxes so other kids could hopefully get an education . It isn’t always about me or the people around me .

Sometimes businesses have to take a hit short term to fix a long term problem .

Quite possibility there will be some vaccinated people that slide into the anti vaxer spot. Totally get someone that feels so strong they will protest... or is the word cancel culture the coug games .

But maybe the season ticket department is smart . Maybe I will buy two more season tickets for them doing what I believe is right .

Personally smokers should be the most outraged . They can’t smoke in a bar, bowling alley, an office building , an airplane . They have had their rights violated. But I digress .

Last edited:
Reactions: wazzucougs96
11... it isn’t about me. I am vaccinated . It is about a Coug grandma would would like to take her granddaughter to a game, have that kid live a normal life but because that kid was born five months early she is very susceptible to covid . And there are so many other people that it affects their lives .

For a long time I didn’t have kids I paid my property taxes so other kids could hopefully get an education . It isn’t always about me or the people around me .

Sometimes businesses have to take a hit short term to fix a long term problem .

Quite possibility there will be some vaccinated people that slide into the anti vaxer spot. Totally get someone that feels so strong they will protest... or is the word cancel culture the coug games .

But maybe the season ticket department is smart . Maybe I will buy two more season tickets for them doing what I believe is right .

Personally smokers should be the most outraged . They can’t smoke in a bar, bowling alley, an office building , an airplane . They have had their rights violated. But I digress .
So, again, if you or granny is vaxxed, - what difference does it make if someone else is not?

Or are you insinuating that the vaccine doesn't work and you're pretty well rolling the dice regardless? In which case, enabling crowds is equivalent to sending people to their deaths, don't you think?

So, again, if you or granny is vaxxed, - what difference does it make if someone else is not?

Or are you insinuating that the vaccine doesn't work and you're pretty well rolling the dice regardless? In which case, enabling crowds is equivalent to sending people to their deaths, don't you think?
Not insinuating that at all . Not worried about the granny. Worried about the four year old and others like her.

I am worried about the unknown variants. That is a bigger concern. You and I can discuss this for months to come. The people in this state anyways that have control will make sure they caution on side of the vaccine . Others who are on the other side of the issue will just have to deal.

Do you believe not telling anyone the potential issues with the “flu” and claiming we are down to five cases soon to be one then watching 200k plus die is like sending them to their death?

Not insinuating that at all . Not worried about the granny. Worried about the four year old and others like her.

I am worried about the unknown variants. That is a bigger concern. You and I can discuss this for months to come. The people in this state anyways that have control will make sure they caution on side of the vaccine . Others who are on the other side of the issue will just have to deal.
How many four year olds have died from Covid in Washington State in the past year?

There have been unknown variants from day 1 of human existence. Do banks not make loans because 1 person defaulted one time? Or they are scared that one person might default at some point? No - they do statistical analysis and go on with their business.

WSU Athletic Department's business is not to make public health policy or statements. It's to put competitive teams on the field and as many fans in the stands as possible.

How many four year olds have died from Covid in Washington State in the past year?

There have been unknown variants from day 1 of human existence. Do banks not make loans because 1 person defaulted one time? Or they are scared that one person might default at some point? No - they do statistical analysis and go on with their business.

WSU Athletic Department's business is not to make public health policy or statements. It's to put competitive teams on the field and as many fans in the stands as possible.
I'll help, if that's allowed:

Since we started tracking, 287 deaths for those under 18 nationally. Out of approx 60MM. My high quality WSU education tells me to divide and multiply by 100 to get a percentage, which equals: .0004 of the under 18 population caught and died from Covid.

Sorry, no data on just four year olds, but given that the 0-5 is about 19% of the total demographic... well, I'll let you do the math. (Yes, I realize that it wouldn't split evenly across all age groups, but even if it did it would be remarkably low.)

Reactions: L.S. Dietz
I'll help, if that's allowed:

Since we started tracking, 287 deaths for those under 18 nationally. Out of approx 60MM. My high quality WSU education tells me to divide and multiply by 100 to get a percentage, which equals: .0004 of the under 18 population caught and died from Covid.

Sorry, no data on just four year olds, but given that the 0-5 is about 19% of the total demographic... well, I'll let you do the math. (Yes, I realize that it wouldn't split evenly across all age groups, but even if it did it would be remarkably low.)
Well, if one 4 year old life is saved....

Who the hell brings a 4 year old to a Coug game, btw?

Don't answer that. Probably a whole different trigger event.

11... .bad example .The banks shut down lending for two years after 09. They didn’t want to lend money even tho they had government money to prop them up. I know of a loan in 2012 a CFO from the Midwest came out to Seattle. Bought a 3 million Lake Washington piece of property. 50% down, 50% in reserves, 800 credit scores and Barclay's turned them down. The reason? The borrower was given an 18 month golden parachute and took two months to land a salaried gig out in Seattle. So yeah it happens in the real world where one bad outcome dictates a policy.

In terms of variants, reminds me of a conversation with my next door neighbor. His daughter in 94 had leukemia. I once asked if they will find a cure for that and other cancers. He said no, and the reason was because the cancers morph. But where the progress will be made is DNA and knowing a cancer is lurking. Earlier screening, earlier detection.

Same with covid, we don't know what it will morph into. I'll tell you what, if covid doesn't go away, and you can give me your medical assurance that it won't morph into something that goes beyond old folks and those at risk.

Here is what I know. I know per medical people I have talked with if we masked up and get vaccinated it doesn't give the virus a place to host and morph. Do you disagree with that? So if we get vaccinated it is the best way to eliminate and get rid of covid. And if we don't, it gives states and local government the ability to shut down the economy to try and avoid transmission. I prefer getting the vaccine.

While the Athletic Department isnt in the business to make public health policies, the athletic department is not the reason the school is in the education business. It is the universities responsibility to make sure it does what is best for the students and the school, thus they can make that policy.

And here is a question maybe you can answer. How many people die if we took the Trump approach and just left everything open? Or an approach somewhere between that stance and Inlee's approach.

And don't get me wrong, I don't get it but I respect anyone willing to give up their season tickets in a cancel culture move and not renew or attend the games.

In such a case I would buy some additional tix and donate them to someone deserving in Pullman .

Last edited:
Reactions: 32eekortS
That's fair.

Odds are the non-vaxxed carry and will defend themselves....but go on with that thought.
Btw I’d be completely comfortable sitting with whoever at whatever density, and hope they just open it up 100%. I got vaccinated because I felt comfortable and it made my folks comfortable, but i care exactly 0.00% what other people do.

Btw I’d be completely comfortable sitting with whoever at whatever density, and hope they just open it up 100%. I got vaccinated because I felt comfortable and it made my folks comfortable, but i care exactly 0.00% what other people do.

And that is the correct answer.

Reactions: mikalalas
TSE6ba7L.jpeg

You can just tattoo a large purple V on your left butt cheek. It’s in the CDC guidance.

• Haha
Reactions: acgcoug
You can just tattoo a large purple V on your left butt cheek. It’s in the CDC guidance.
Oh DBlathers-on.. we probably should have just listened to your guidance. Then when you give out misinformation you could use your skills and degree to sue yourself for malpractice .

Last edited:
I don't really want 8 pages, either. But perhaps a short reality lesson is in order.

At this point, if you are vaccinated you are considered to be functionally immune. Not fully immune, but in an environment where everyone is vaccinated, +/- 5% or so per person works out to functional immunity.

Outdoor transmission has always been less of a risk. Not impossible; but less risky. Dosage by aerosol transmission will almost always be less in an outdoor environment, even if you are physically close. Less risk in this case is not the same as functional immunity. Again, though, with masks or enough distance it is low risk. The trick is in defining "enough distance".

People who have had covid are considered to have excellent immunity to the strain of covid that they had. The two unknowns are how well they will do against other variants, and also how long their T cells will last at a level that provides excellent protection. For these folks, the benefit of a vaccination is twofold: it is a booster shot, and it provides a broader variant protection, specifically because the vaccine is more non-specific than having had a particular strain.

World-wide immunity is the trick going forward. Who knows how many variants will emerge from countries such as India, where a relatively miniscule portion of the population is vaccinated and the folks live in such close quarters that transmission is rampant? Their fatality rate seems to be higher than ours, to a great extent because their medical system has been pushed to collapse in portions of the country. Portions of Africa and other areas are in a similar pickle. It is the nature of a virus to mutate. It is to all of our advantage to get the world immunized, so the walking & talking human virus labs are minimized.

As for any part of the world having a V card, for use under any circumstances, you just have to weigh the importance of minimizing variant production against the inconvenience of a mask & vaccination to those who in many cases would lie about having been vaccinated if it would otherwise inconvenience them to not have a V card. That pretty much speaks for itself.

Outdoor transmission - vaccinated or not - masked or not - is infinitesimal. Open to 100%. Especially now that most will be vaccinated.

You somehow buried the lead on that one.

The CDC is (mis)using information to manipulate public perception and actions, which means you'll always have a contingent of people who can truthfully and rightfully say "see, I told you they were lying." It doesn't serve the greater good to lie to the public when you can get found out so easily.

Oh DBlathers-on.. we probably should have just listened to your guidance. Then when you give out misinformation you could use your skills and degree to sue yourself for malpractice .

Both butt cheeks and one on the forehead works too.

LMAO. No one should care about alienating anti vaxxers.

Did the Fed change the exchange rate on vaccinated dollars vs. non-vaccinated dollars?

Pretty sure Pat Chun would like every penny he can get in the bank. Or are we going back to the days where Bill Moos determined who was and wasn't Coug enough based on whatever criteria he cooked up in his no bowl ticket list brain?

Did the Fed change the exchange rate on vaccinated dollars vs. non-vaccinated dollars?

Pretty sure Pat Chun would like every penny he can get in the bank. Or are we going back to the days where Bill Moos determined who was and wasn't Coug enough based on whatever criteria he cooked up in his no bowl ticket list brain?
Well here is what I would say the university has the responsibility for health and safety of the students and the people who attend the games, and if you choose to withhold funds they will look to get it from other places. And if they can’t they will go back to the wild pay scale and sell hone games . They will manage one way or another .

Well here is what I would say the university has the responsibility for health and safety of the students and the people who attend the games, and if you choose to withhold funds they will look to get it from other places. And if they can’t they will go back to the wild pay scale and sell hone games . They will manage one way or another .

Students, sure. People that attend games, no.

Reactions: Observer11
Still no one has answered the question on assuming the vaccine works, what difference does it make if they are sitting next to an unvaccinated person?

The vaccine works, right? And if it doesn't work, then even sitting next to another vaccinated person would have risk.

Can 4 year olds take the vaccine? And shouldn't that be the parents decisions whether to assume the risk of killing their own kid in Martin Stadium? Or anywhere else for that matter?

Still no one has answered the question on assuming the vaccine works, what difference does it make if they are sitting next to an unvaccinated person?

The vaccine works, right? And if it doesn't work, then even sitting next to another vaccinated person would have risk.

Can 4 year olds take the vaccine? And shouldn't that be the parents decisions whether to assume the risk of killing their own kid in Martin Stadium? Or anywhere else for that matter?
Obviously, you have cooties.

ADVERTISEMENT