ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Playoff expansion - Idiot take by Maisel

Yeah I read that article yesterday and was like "WTF did I just read", then had the same conclusion as you.... "Why even play the game at all then?"

Yeah I read that article yesterday and was like "WTF did I just read", then had the same conclusion as you.... "Why even play the game at all then?"

Ticket prices for that game are dropping like a rock. No one wants to watch reruns year after year - except for ESPN officials in bed with the SEC and ACC.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
This article is stupid. Basically Ivan's point is that no one can beat or come close to beating Alabama or Clemson, so why have more teams in the playoffs? By that logic, why don't we just have those two play in the first game and cancel the rest of the season for everybody?

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-football-playoff-simply-create-more-blowouts
College football has now fixed something that wasn't broken. Play-offs have detracted from our traditional bowls AND bored us to boot.

College football has now fixed something that wasn't broken. Play-offs have detracted from our traditional bowls AND bored us to boot.

But the SEC has gotten a bunch of money out of it.

Ticket prices for that game are dropping like a rock. No one wants to watch reruns year after year - except for ESPN officials in bed with the SEC and ACC.

Yeah I read a CNN article on that. And who are the geniuses that located the game in Santa Clara? Not exactly a dream destination for tourists in January, it's gonna be chilly, and unless a Pac-12 team made the finals (hah!) it is a thousand or more miles from ANY likely participants. Hate to see this game be perpetually located in SEC country, but let's get real. Dallas, one of the domed Midwest NFL stadiums, I don't know.

Yeah I read a CNN article on that. And who are the geniuses that located the game in Santa Clara? Not exactly a dream destination for tourists in January, it's gonna be chilly, and unless a Pac-12 team made the finals (hah!) it is a thousand or more miles from ANY likely participants. Hate to see this game be perpetually located in SEC country, but let's get real. Dallas, one of the domed Midwest NFL stadiums, I don't know.

$$$$.

I’d like to see Clemson and Alabama play in the weather. Like Soldier Field. That would awesome.

"We can't have more teams in the playoff because there is no parity." So lets keep a system that helps prevent parity. Imagine March Madness with the same four teams every year.

Sure, that is some of it. But, the biggest reason why ticket prices spiked last year compared to this year was that Georgia was in the game and the game was played in the Georgia Dome. It was the hottest ticket in the state of Georgia maybe ever.

This years game is in the Bay Area. So, both teams fan bases have to travel across he country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT