ADVERTISEMENT

Cheatin' Huskies at it again......

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-numbers-inflated-avoiding-title-ix-scrutiny/

Kinda surpised no one posted this yet. Long and very damning article. Think what you like about Title IX, it does happen to be the law. And some of you pups may not know that the original lawsuit started at WSU. Kind of ironic.
Wasn't the UW part of the original lawsuit as well? They are often credited and along with WSU one of the few that have been in compliance with the rule. At least so I thought.

Title IX sucks...
Totes! I mean ensuring half the of the population gets the same opportunities that the other half has guaranteed really sucks. Like, if I can't watch a football team with 185 players on it then what in the heck are we even doing?

Totes! I mean ensuring half the of the population gets the same opportunities that the other half has guaranteed really sucks. Like, if I can't watch a football team with 185 players on it then what in the heck are we even doing?

This is just my opinion, but I think Title IX veered off that path long ago. Now you have an army of university bureaucrats and attorneys at the DOE Office of Civil Rights railroading students in the name of Title IX. Explain how Robert Barber being expelled, then suspended, then suing the university and winning after beating the snot out of another male student helped guaranty opportunities for anyone?

Totes? Funny. Never seen that word used in this context. That's a whoosh on me.

PS Pretty much what gibbons stated.

This is just my opinion, but I think Title IX veered off that path long ago. Now you have an army of university bureaucrats and attorneys at the DOE Office of Civil Rights railroading students in the name of Title IX. Explain how Robert Barber being expelled, then suspended, then suing the university and winning after beating the snot out of another male student helped guaranty opportunities for anyone?
It's the process man. Why do serial killers who are obviously guilty get a defense lawyer and a trial? Everyone is entitled to due process. If you don't guarantee the rights of all then all are vulnerable. And I think Barber caught a break because the discipline system in place was broken for the record.

The only reason we are learning about how the terrible Baylor sexual assault situation is because of Title IX protecting the rights of victims. Otherwise it's just boys being boys. Title IX isn't perfect but I'll take it over nothing.

Finally thanks for the civil reply to my otherwise snarky response.

While Title IX has pretty clearly overshot the mark, I can see the argument that it was and is necessary due to the way that money's influence on college sports has also (and to an even greater extent) overshot the mark. They are certainly not opposing forces; any time money is involved, things have a way of being co-opted; but they are often countervailing forces.

And for the record, I agree with most of what K51 just said.

It's the process man. Why do serial killers who are obviously guilty get a defense lawyer and a trial? Everyone is entitled to due process. If you don't guarantee the rights of all then all are vulnerable. And I think Barber caught a break because the discipline system in place was broken for the record.

The only reason we are learning about how the terrible Baylor sexual assault situation is because of Title IX protecting the rights of victims. Otherwise it's just boys being boys. Title IX isn't perfect but I'll take it over nothing.

Finally thanks for the civil reply to my otherwise snarky response.

Title IX has now gotten to the point that universities are violating due process at the Department of Education's direction.

Baylor's problems are Baylor's problems. The relative good news for the victims is that law enforcement and the criminal justice system is involved there. The kangaroo courts that the DOE now mandates under Title IX should stay away and let the people who actually know what they're doing do their jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT