ADVERTISEMENT

Cheez It Bowl right?

chugspig

Hall Of Fame
Nov 5, 2011
If Oregon knocks Utah down, we’re default last seed for tie-ins and going to the Cheez it?

If Oregon knocks Utah down, we’re default last seed for tie-ins and going to the Cheez it?
Nah. An 11-2 Utah team should still have a pretty good shot at an NY6 game. Our worst case was a Utah win not getting them into the CFP.

Last edited:
Nah. An 11-2 Utah team should still have a pretty good shot at an NY6 game. Our worst case was a Utah win not getting them into the CFP.
I don't see how Utah gets NY6, especially after that performance. Essentially, there is only one spot open (Cotton Bowl) for all P5 conferences. I'd think 2-loss Florida or Penn State might grab that one over Utah now....maybe even the loser of Baylor/Oklahoma, also with 2 losses. I could be wrong, but I expect to see Utah in the Alamo Bowl.

Glad Cougar

I don't see how Utah gets NY6, especially after that performance. Essentially, there is only one spot open (Cotton Bowl) for all P5 conferences. I'd think 2-loss Florida or Penn State might grab that one over Utah now....maybe even the loser of Baylor/Oklahoma, also with 2 losses. I could be wrong, but I expect to see Utah in the Alamo Bowl.

Glad Cougar
Don’t forget Georgia, assuming they lose to LSU. Utah’s a long shot, but is still in the mix.

The way they played tonight Utah should feel glad they get the Alamo.

Reactions: Cougzz
for opponent yes, but for location no. I understand the benefit of not playing BSU though.

It will likely be a MWC team in the Cheez It. Baylor should go to the Sugar, bumping everyone up and leaving no Big XII team for the Cheez It.

It will likely be a MWC team in the Cheez It. Baylor should go to the Sugar, bumping everyone up and leaving no Big XII team for the Cheez It.

This is pretty much the worst case scenario. No P5 opponent. No upside to the win. MWC opponent with nothing to lose.

This is pretty much the worst case scenario. No P5 opponent. No upside to the win. MWC opponent with nothing to lose.
Well it’s not like we’re playing for something in this game, so I guess you could say we’ve got nothing to lose as well.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Outside of BSU, the Cougs would literally have to quit to lose against anyone else in the MWC. Fresno might give them a fight, but probably not.

CBS has SD State.

yippee...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT