ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Fizpatrick

TrumpCoug

Team Captain
Jul 18, 2019
He is visiting Louisville where I believe his brother plays. Didn't he recently state he was 1,000,0000,0000% committed and would be enrolling early at WSU?!

I have a feeling we are about to be Bob Sugared.

He is visiting Louisville where I believe his brother plays. Didn't he recently state he was 1,000,0000,0000% committed and would be enrolling early at WSU?!

We shall see

Not surprising he would take an official visit to his brothers school. I expected them to get an official visit at some point. Louisville really needs him though, so I imagine this one will go down to the wire.

He recently tweeted out that he is reopening his recruitment...

When it rains it pours...

With how this season is going so far, no wonder this is happening with prized 4 star WR recruit.

If WSU was either 6-0, 5-1, 4-2, this would probably not happen, and Fitz would probably still be firmly committed to WSU.

If he wants to reopen his recruitment that’s fine. Leach should open his scholarship up as well.

Reactions: PatBaum
Not surprised. Kids that far away from Pullman that committ early don't always keep their word. Especially with his brother at Louisville. I'm sure their is some family pressure going on. WR is the position I'm worried the least about.

I’d bet dollars to donuts Leach has pulled his offer

Im not saying he has to pull it. The offer can still stand. But if someone else wants it and they want to commit, it’s gone.

Lou Holtz would tell his assistant coaches that if they interviewed for another job they’d better get it. They wouldn't have one there when they got back.

Weird. It’s like kids still don’t care about if we’re passing for 500 yards a game still. They care about winning.

Time to focus up on defense. I’ll be really disappointed if we promote from within.

Im not saying he has to pull it. The offer can still stand. But if someone else wants it and they want to commit, it’s gone.

Lou Holtz would tell his assistant coaches that if they interviewed for another job they’d better get it. They wouldn't have one there when they got back.
I’d be fine if he did pull it. Kid doesn’t wanna stick to his word than F him, find a kid that will.

I’d be fine if he did pull it. Kid doesn’t wanna stick to his word than F him, find a kid that will.
Yup how often does a kid recommit anyways. There’s a reason he’s backing out consider him gone and move on.

If there were a ranking of the top 10 WRs on the West Coast... would it be unreasonable to think 3 of them tripped to WSU??? Maybe they commit, maybe they dont. But they at least showed up to look at the school.

It happens every year. Gnash your teeth and howl at the moon if you like. It will happen next year too.

Exactly.

The only oddity here was that he did not commit to L'ville from the start.

Not sure what the kid's angle was but his brother is at L'ville and all his Dad does is tweet stuff about L'ville. Anyone that did not think he was going there was delusional . Truth be told Spurier probably wrote this one off a long time ago. Do not know enough about this kid to say anything, but some of these guys play the commit/ non-commit game for all that is worth.

Exactly.

Not sure what the kid's angle was but his brother is at L'ville and all his Dad does is tweet stuff about L'ville. Anyone that did not think he was going there was delusional . Truth be told Spurier probably wrote this one off a long time ago. Do not know enough about this kid to say anything, but some of these guys play the commit/ non-commit game for all that is worth.
Not very Christian like.

More Dennis or Kelvin like.

Reactions: TrumpCoug
Are you seeing this anywhere or speculating? Heath committed to MSU in High School and committed again this summer
Yuk! Do they even have WR at MSU? Thought they just ran the ball all the time and every game was 7-6 there.

should be an easy poach if he wants to have fun playing ball in college.

Reactions: cougcowboy
Interesting, not sure he's aware football is played west of the Mississippi but let's bring him in for a visit and see what happens.

Exactly.

I genuinely expect that he was headed your way up until very recently, but the new coach at Louisville has succeeded in cleaning up the mess from the previous coach much more quickly than any of us could have imagined. No way was Christian going to Louisville after how the old coaching staff quit on the players last season, and most expectations were that this Louisville team would win 2 or 3 games all year. Instead, UofL is 4-2 right now and has a good shot at making a bowl game.

No need to bash the kid for flipping. Not .always a reflection on his character.
Seems to me I remember a kid named Minshew doing that to Alabama last year...

I genuinely expect that he was headed your way up until very recently, but the new coach at Louisville has succeeded in cleaning up the mess from the previous coach much more quickly than any of us could have imagined. No way was Christian going to Louisville after how the old coaching staff quit on the players last season, and most expectations were that this Louisville team would win 2 or 3 games all year. Instead, UofL is 4-2 right now and has a good shot at making a bowl game.

Ok I get it he put a place marker on WSU waiting to see if L'ville would get better and when they did he went where he intended to go all along.

Maybe if that was his thought process then just stay uncommitted. Less drama.

Reactions: TrumpCoug
Ok I get it he put a place marker on WSU waiting to see if L'ville would get better and when they did he went where he intended to go all along.

I think that’s what kids and coaches do now. If WSU is full and 5 kids rated 5 stars all wanna come, 5 guys are getting bumped.

Same for kids. Something better comes along, gone. Something closer to home comes along, most likely gone. Use your verbal to gain momentum in your recruiting? Yes. Increase exposure and offers? Yes.

That’s just the way business is done now.

Well, if you stay uncommitted, you might lose the scholarship offer to a great program like WSU. I’m sure the list of wide receivers wanting to play for Leach is quite long.

Satterfield’s offense coming from App State was characterized as a “run first” offense. I would expect that when he committed to WSU in July there was some pressure from multiple programs recruiting him to make a decision, and WSU’s wide receiver friendly offense seemed like the best choice at that time. But after seeing how well his big brother is doing in Satterfield’s offense (21 catches, 408 yards and 5 TDs so far), he decided he would like to go to UofL instead.

And of course that’s how these commitments work before signing day ... the school that gets the verbal still has to fight off all of the schools that lost out, and it’s only over when the player signs the NLI.

Well, if you stay uncommitted, you might lose the scholarship offer to a great program like WSU. I’m sure the list of wide receivers wanting to play for Leach is quite long.

Satterfield’s offense coming from App State was characterized as a “run first” offense. I would expect that when he committed to WSU in July there was some pressure from multiple programs recruiting him to make a decision, and WSU’s wide receiver friendly offense seemed like the best choice at that time. But after seeing how well his big brother is doing in Satterfield’s offense (21 catches, 408 yards and 5 TDs so far), he decided he would like to go to UofL instead.

And of course that’s how these commitments work before signing day ... the school that gets the verbal still has to fight off all of the schools that lost out, and it’s only over when the player signs the NLI.

You, others, one, etc, would think that lots of 4 star WR's want to or would want to play for WSU.

REALITY:

Only LOTS of 2,3 star, NR, WR's want to play for WSU, and wait in line to play at WSU, and only 0,1, maybe 2, at extreme most, 3, 4,5 star WR's want to play at WSU, are waiting in line to play at WSU.

You, others, one, etc, would think that 4 star WR's would die, kill to play at WSU, at WR U,(WSU) at QB U,(WSU), at AIR RAID U(WSU)(the same system played by top NFL teams), where they would catch 50 to 100 to 150 balls for 750 to 2000 yards receiving for 6 to 25 TD's, where even the 10th WR on the bench gets to play in the CFL, XFL, Arena Football League, NFL, etc, coach, etc.

But despite all that, when WSU recruiters work their buts off to try to even get 1, 4 star WR, they are lucky to only get 1, 4 star WR, NO OTHER 4 STAR WR'S WAITING IN LINE WANTING TO PLAY. ALL THE OTHER LOTS OF 4 STAR WR'S TOLD WSU NOT JUST NO, BUT HECK NO, and then that only 1, 4 star WR flips.

Just doesnt make logical sense. Does not compute. But it is what it is.

In Mike Leach's 7 and 1/2 year Tenure, Leach has only gotten 2, 4 star WR's, 1 of them being Gabe Marks. And WSU worked their butts off to just barely get those 2, 4 star WR's, and there wasnt a line, etc.

Wish what you said about WSU getting long lines of top, better, 3,4,5 star WR's waiting in line, wanting to play at WSU, was true, BUT ITS NOT.

Now in 3 to 5 more years, then maybe there would probably be lines of 4 star WR's waiting, wanting to play at WSU, then.

But maybe not, dont know, we'll see.

You, others, one, etc, would think that lots of 4 star WR's want to or would want to play for WSU.

REALITY:

Only LOTS of 2,3 star, NR, WR's want to play for WSU, and wait in line to play at WSU, and only 0,1, maybe 2, at extreme most, 3, 4,5 star WR's want to play at WSU, are waiting in line to play at WSU.

You, others, one, etc, would think that 4 star WR's would die, kill to play at WSU, at WR U,(WSU) at QB U,(WSU), at AIR RAID U(WSU)(the same system played by top NFL teams), where they would catch 50 to 100 to 150 balls for 750 to 2000 yards receiving for 6 to 25 TD's, where even the 10th WR on the bench gets to play in the CFL, XFL, Arena Football League, NFL, etc, coach, etc.

But despite all that, when WSU recruiters work their buts off to try to even get 1, 4 star WR, they are lucky to only get 1, 4 star WR, NO OTHER 4 STAR WR'S WAITING IN LINE WANTING TO PLAY. ALL THE OTHER LOTS OF 4 STAR WR'S TOLD WSU NOT JUST NO, BUT HECK NO, and then that only 1, 4 star WR flips.

Just doesnt make logical sense. Does not compute. But it is what it is.

In Mike Leach's 7 and 1/2 year Tenure, Leach has only gotten 2, 4 star WR's, 1 of them being Gabe Marks. And WSU worked their butts off to just barely get those 2, 4 star WR's, and there wasnt a line, etc.

Wish what you said about WSU getting long lines of top, better, 3,4,5 star WR's waiting in line, wanting to play at WSU, was true, BUT ITS NOT.

Now in 3 to 5 more years, then maybe there would probably be lines of 4 star WR's waiting, wanting to play at WSU, then.

But maybe not, dont know, we'll see.

When was the last time a WSU WR caught 150 balls or even scared 2000 yards?

WSU rotates too many receivers to even sniff those numbers.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
When was the last time a WSU WR caught 150 balls or even scared 2000 yards?

WSU rotates too many receivers to even sniff those numbers.

I like the idea of distributing the ball around. It’s a good concept. I also like giving the ball to your best players. I think its possible to ring up some big numbers in the offense. You've gotta be a stud. You've gotta be a commanding talent. We haven't seen that yet. At least I don't think we have.

You'll leave WSU with good film and decent numbers. You'll have more tread on the tire than other guys. You simply wont get the touches needed to drive big numbers. Unless you're the QB.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT