ADVERTISEMENT

Claeys interview

Coug95man2

Hall Of Fame
Dec 7, 2011
He was on the Furness show Friday. I missed it but it's on iHeart Radio podcast show of Ian's. Can't link to it but for those with an iHeart radio account, just search for Ian Furness podcast.

Won't be a spoiler but a small teaser is that Claeys made the first touch on him being hired.

Also his input regarding the turnover at WSU's coaching staff.

Good interview and insight on him.

Thank you a lot for the link. I really enjoyed the interview. My first time to listen to a Furness interview. That guy has the sports radio personality thing pretty well nailed. I hope he likes Seattle; there are a lot of much bigger markets that would probably like to have him.

There is a lot to be said for speaking fluent Good Ole Boy. Our new DC has it down pat. Sounded like listening to Walden in about 1981. Or maybe a slightly toned-down Lou Holtz from the same time period. I suspect that he will do well with the alums. He was popular at Minnesota, and I would bet that he will be popular here, too. Of course, it helps a lot when you are also a good football coach, and his bona fides make it pretty clear that he is a very good coach.

If you had told me when Grinch jumped that we would upgrade at DC, I would have been really skeptical. However, I think we may have pulled it off. I'm optimistic for this fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT