ADVERTISEMENT

Claeys' resigning was huge for the Cougs.

Cougsocal

Hall Of Fame
Sep 5, 2010
It freed up nearly a $1,000,000. Money we can't afford to waste. Claeys was making $625K, and I assumed his two year contract was rolled over after we went 11-2. When you resign you are the one in breach. If he had insisted on being canned, we'd have owed him the balance of his contract. Not many people in this country are willing to do that. No one stepped up and resigned after 9/11, or after the horror of 2008, for god sake. It shows true class and a willingness accepting personal responsibility. It is just too bad Ernie and Douche Bag refused to do the honorable thing and resign when it became obvious they were way over their heads.

Thanks you Tracy. You provided a lesson for us all on how a man should conduct himself. You are a modern day Jim Sweeney. Everyone who had any responsibility in the Ucla disaster should have been willing tender his resignation upon request. It hard to teach personal responsibility when you are pointing fingers at everyone but yourself.

Leach wanted Claeys to stick around. The resignation wasn't a favor to the school. Claeys would have had at least til the end of the year to right the ship.

The ucla fiasco was also on the offense that Leach runs. They turned the ball over, over and over. Both sides of the ball were responsible. Yeah the D was poor that day, but the offense sucked to with all the turnovers.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
The ucla fiasco was also on the offense that Leach runs. They turned the ball over, over and over. Both sides of the ball were responsible. Yeah the D was poor that day, but the offense sucked to with all the turnovers.
13 points with an air raid offense just won't be enough. Especially when you leave your defense on the field all day.

Reactions: walzuu
The turnovers were not on the coaches. The defensive implosion was.

Perhaps leach should have changed QB s. To exempt one part of the team for two horrible games is nonsense.

Throwing 9 tds is horrible?? You drunk?? Minshew struggled vs Utah in Martin as well. If we can get a new young good dc and replace one or two of our dead space assistant defensive coaches then this could be a huge blessing. Hate to be mean, but Claeys physical appearance limits his recruiting ability right off the bat.

Throwing 9 tds is horrible?? You drunk?? Minshew struggled vs Utah in Martin as well. If we can get a new young good dc and replace one or two of our dead space assistant defensive coaches then this could be a huge blessing. Hate to be mean, but Claeys physical appearance limits his recruiting ability right off the bat.

I don't think it's about the 9 TD's that Gordon threw. It's about the half dozen times that we gave UCLA the ball. If we hold onto the ball two times and not give it away.....we win regardless of the defensive performance. Team game.....

Yes it's a team game, but we scored 63 with 3 wr fumbles. To me the offense did it's job. I'm not worried about the offense at all. Even at Utah despite facing a top 15 defense at their loud place in shit weather...gordon still had lots of time and we ran the ball well.

ElC is trying to stir up controversy where none exists. Total troll move.

I say this with total confidence coming from people in the know: there is zero controversy amongst the players and coaches on who the starting quarterback should be. Everyone is 100% all in on Gordon.

If special teams don't give up two scores we win the game.
If they only give up one TD we may win the game. If we only lose five fumbles instead of six we win the game. That game was a real headscratcher and I do not know what or how much to make of it. The bottom line is that if we had played really poorly, we would have won. But we didn't. We played really really poorly and lost.

If they only give up one TD we may win the game. If we only lose five fumbles instead of six we win the game. That game was a real headscratcher and I do not know what or how much to make of it. The bottom line is that if we had played really poorly, we would have won. But we didn't. We played really really poorly and lost.

If "ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas".......

Agree. And I thought it had been kind of settled - that game shouldn't be used as a metric for... well, anything.

That being said, there is plenty of evidence from our other games and the Utah game that the defense is lacking.

If any controversy arises it will be from the fans Once Leach makes up his mind there is usually no turning things around.The ASU game is important for the rest of the season. The offense did not do it s job against Utah. With an air raid offense one should know that the defense will allow points The inability of the offense to generate points at crunch time has hurt the team The ASU game will determine if the leadership is there.It would be nice to see the cougs in another bowl game . But an ASU loss will place the whole season in jeopardy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT