ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Fans

grahamcoug

All Conference
Nov 26, 2013
Graham
I have empathy for Husky fans in the coaching chaos and transfer upheaval. For one, as a die hard Coug Fan, over the past 20 plus years we have lived versions of the portal, recruiting no-shows, and coaching chaos. I wouldn't wish this on any fan. On the other other hand, I am excited to see what God is going to do with the average Husky fan's character. If they are slightly similar to me, then there is going to be a refinement of character around arrogance, humility, obsession, and bias, with the continued quest to bleed your school's colors but to use self-control with the mouth.

Every now and then an occasional lightning bolt might be in order. LOL

I have empathy for Husky fans in the coaching chaos and transfer upheaval.
Well you should be banned from anything Coug-related. WTF is wrong with you? Ever see the intro to "Branded" with Chuck Connors where they rip his stripes and buttons off and break his sword in two? Your comment deserves similar treatment.

Hah I was walking into the store today and this young lady (over 18 I hope) was walking to her car with a friend and a big mutt sweatshirt on. I of course was head to toe Coug stuff including my FB warmups from Surplus Stores. I yelled Hey at her and shouted "Go Cougs". She looked horrified at first, until I laughed. Then she smiled.

Last edited:
Reactions: grahamcoug
I have empathy for Husky fans in the coaching chaos and transfer upheaval. For one, as a die hard Coug Fan, over the past 20 plus years we have lived versions of the portal, recruiting no-shows, and coaching chaos. I wouldn't wish this on any fan. On the other other hand, I am excited to see what God is going to do with the average Husky fan's character. If they are slightly similar to me, then there is going to be a refinement of character around arrogance, humility, obsession, and bias, with the continued quest to bleed your school's colors but to use self-control with the mouth.

Every now and then an occasional lightning bolt might be in order. LOL
I don’t. F those assholes.

In this thread: people who don't understand the difference between empathy and sympathy.

Also, the Huskies have been through this several times over the past 20 years: they've had 7 coaches and the only reason most (4) of them didn't move on to bigger and better is because they sucked. Pete retired, Sark and DeBoer left. Not only that, but if you as a Husky didn't think this was possible then you really are as stupid as your degree would imply.

In this thread: people who don't understand the difference between empathy and sympathy.

Also, the Huskies have been through this several times over the past 20 years: they've had 7 coaches and the only reason most (4) of them didn't move on to bigger and better is because they sucked. Pete retired, Sark and DeBoer left. Not only that, but if you as a Husky didn't think this was possible then you really are as stupid as your degree would imply.

Even Don James quit

Oh boy- now you are REALLY pissing off the mutt lurkers! Nothing makes them madder than when you point out that inconvenient truth.

Keep it up! I love to do that.
How about if we double down and tell them Don James wasn’t really that good a coach, and he had to quit once he couldn’t cheat anymore?

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
Funny; I took some of Graham's comments as sarcasm. But I guess non-sympathic empathy fits, as well.

The character measures he discussed were valid, and while UW has a FB coaching failure about as often as a coaching success, they have never really had to go from the natty game to what is likely to be a losing season in back to back years. This will be painful at Montlake. And the Green River bandwagon will be going over a cliff! o_O :eek:

Reactions: grahamcoug
Taking a step back, since Don James got them in trouble and quit, UW has been mediocre to bad except when they have had two truly exceptional coaches (Petersen and De Boer). They get credit for landing them--especially Petersen--and making it work, but it isn't an upper-tier program by default. I'm not saying it's a shitty one that's doomed, either, to be clear. They can do OK with good hires and I think Fisch will probably succeed in getting them to some kind of moderate peak (10-3 or something) and then bail. Then we can hope they make a bad or mediocre hire.

Taking a step back, since Don James got them in trouble and quit, UW has been mediocre to bad except when they have had two truly exceptional coaches (Petersen and De Boer). They get credit for landing them--especially Petersen--and making it work, but it isn't an upper-tier program by default. I'm not saying it's a shitty one that's doomed, either, to be clear. They can do OK with good hires and I think Fisch will probably succeed in getting them to some kind of moderate peak (10-3 or something) and then bail. Then we can hope they make a bad or mediocre hire.
They will never win 10 games with Fisch in that conference. Oregons had some tough breaks recently, but will own them from this day forward as will USC.

Throughout my life... I have met good husky fans and "normal" husky fans.

The normal ones normally never went to school there. Maybe they knew someone who did. Most often is cheap clearance clothing and a fake acceptance into a winning/popular group.

All of that is fine except when they always seem to put their nose up in the air and try to talk down to Cougar fans. Spokane... Tri-Cities... Seattle... doesn't matter.

Act like an asshole and you'll get treated like one.

Fuw has tried to f*ck our school out of money and programs. I've witnessed it 1st hand. Who the f*ck are you to try to stop our Medical program?

I'm sure you've all known the "stop playing the Apple Cup in Pullman". F*ck em'.

Remember we only ever got in state players that they didn't want? F*ck em'.

I don't care which end of what gets used.

Fuw.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT